BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Any third party extended warranty that cover OEM parts?

02-03-2024, 01:48 PM   #23
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

I remember reading the language on that one. They can use OEM or aftermarket as needed. so basically they may only cover a certain amount if there is a part that's available aftermarket that they will ask the dealer to use.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #24
Archie007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchicago View Post
For those that researched Fidelity, where do you see they dont cover OEM parts? I talked on the phone to them and they said it is accepted at the BMW dealerships. It is also the extended warranty used by Volvo.
Do you happen to have the contract on Fidelity?

I'm curious to compare it to endurance
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 02:18 PM   #25
bmwchicago
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40i Sport

See attached. I found the following:

"Replacement parts utilized in connection with a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN will be, at the discretion of FWS, new or remanufactured OEM parts, new or remanufactured aftermarket parts or used parts that meet the quality standards of the repair facility or FWS."
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Fidelity-Auto-Warranty.pdf (5.21 MB, 15 views)

Last edited by bmwchicago; 02-03-2024 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 10:55 AM   #26
Archie007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchicago View Post
See attached. I found the following:

"Replacement parts utilized in connection with a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN will be, at the discretion of FWS, new or remanufactured OEM parts, new or remanufactured aftermarket parts or used parts that meet the quality standards of the repair facility or FWS."
Thanks for posting this. This language is far superior to Endurance. Unless I'm missing something, under the exclusions, it seems like mostly wear and tear and apparent items. It seems to also cover seal/gaskets on their own - Endurance only covered if it was in relation to another covered repair. They don't mention labor rates, though. With that said, I'm petrified reading the reviews/BBB.

I guess at the end of the day, all these companies are hit or miss. If you play out your odds, even if I have just one 2-3k repair denied for some BS reason, you're in for almost 9k. (this plan is 7k for 6 year 75k miles with a 100 deductible for me). I think im leaning towards rolling the dice
Appreciate 1