BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos What's the worst spill you've had in your car?

11-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #23
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This will never get old
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2019, 09:25 AM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydrivens30 View Post
Spilled a full large mcd strawberry banana smoothie on my drivers seat, floor mats and it dripped out the back of the seat down into the air vent and sub.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_CS View Post

I think I would die.
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      11-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #25
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Not me but a friends wife projectile vomited Gatorade on the dashboard of her mini countryman. They had to trade it in months later after it started turning itself on randomly
      11-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #26
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

My cat was back from surgery, I had him in my lap, in my G37 and he urinated in my lap because of the Anesthesia.
I replaced the drivers seat along with the whole carpet under the interior of the car.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      11-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #27
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
My cat was back from surgery, I had him in my lap, in my G37 and he urinated in my lap because of the Anesthesia.
I replaced the drivers seat along with the whole carpet under the interior of the car.
Here's a cat story that's even worse...

Rufus MDK (the Murder Death Kitty because he's such a hunter) apparently got into a fight with a coyote or fox. His eye was completely swollen shut and we thought he had lost it.

My wife couldn't find the carrier, so she threw him into the car and took off for our vet, 25 miles away. For some reason, she took my car... maybe hers was low on gas.

A few hours later, I got a call that said the cat was in surgery and would be okay... and she was at the detail shop.

Rufus had gotten into the back, and pooped and peed all over the rear seat and back deck. My wife said she had to stick her head out the window on the freeway or she would have thrown up.

After dropping him off at the vet, she went directly to the detail shop. "Otherwise, you would have to throw away your car."

The shop did an amazing job, even promising to re-do it if the smell came back. It never did... and I drove the car for another year until the lease ended without a whiff of the nasty cat stuff.

My wife is almost as much of a badass as the cat to deal with the situation so quickly (and not just set fire to the car).

Here's Rufus with a cone of shame and a drain in the abscess.

Appreciate 3
      11-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #28
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Probably menstrual blood.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #29
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

cap on a bottle of 10w-60 came loose and leaked all over the trunk tool box section... those spongy / felt plastic material are impossible to clean...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #30
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Poor cat!
I wonder how yours cleaned up so well and mine didn't?!
I tried all kinds of cleaners, over and over, everything you can think of from microbial, to harsh chemicals.
ended up sticking a Recaro seat in for the time being since a new stock seat is like 6 grand.

Glad to hear your cat made it out okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Here's a cat story that's even worse...

Rufus MDK (the Murder Death Kitty because he's such a hunter) apparently got into a fight with a coyote or fox. His eye was completely swollen shut and we thought he had lost it.

My wife couldn't find the carrier, so she threw him into the car and took off for our vet, 25 miles away. For some reason, she took my car... maybe hers was low on gas.

A few hours later, I got a call that said the cat was in surgery and would be okay... and she was at the detail shop.

Rufus had gotten into the back, and pooped and peed all over the rear seat and back deck. My wife said she had to stick her head out the window on the freeway or she would have thrown up.

After dropping him off at the vet, she went directly to the detail shop. "Otherwise, you would have to throw away your car."

The shop did an amazing job, even promising to re-do it if the smell came back. It never did... and I drove the car for another year until the lease ended without a whiff of the nasty cat stuff.

My wife is almost as much of a badass as the cat to deal with the situation so quickly (and not just set fire to the car).

Here's Rufus with a cone of shame and a drain in the abscess.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #31
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Quote:
Just FYI transporting a cat outside of a carrying box is extremelly dangerous. The cat can get scarred and hide under the brake pedal.

The worst spill I had is a half gallon of gasoline for the lawnmower that spilled in the trunk, the car smelled like gas for several weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:07 AM   #32
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Just FYI transporting a cat outside of a carrying box is extremelly dangerous. The cat can get scarred and hide under the brake pedal.

The worst spill I had is a half gallon of gasoline for the lawnmower that spilled in the trunk, the car smelled like gas for several weeks.
I hear you. Thats not the best practice but I'm comfortable with mine as he is calm and doesn't jump or walk around.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 07:54 AM   #33
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Poor cat!
I wonder how yours cleaned up so well and mine didn't?!
I tried all kinds of cleaners, over and over, everything you can think of from microbial, to harsh chemicals.
ended up sticking a Recaro seat in for the time being since a new stock seat is like 6 grand.

Glad to hear your cat made it out okay.
I'm not sure what they used... but I tipped them VERY well!

Glad your cat is okay, too. I'm not really a cat guy, but for some reason I decided I needed a kitten a few years ago. My boxer mix was about four at the time and COMPLETELY crazy, and Rufus was the best thing that ever happened. Hayden decided he was her puppy and mellowed out like a dog that's had a litter.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 07:58 AM   #34
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
I don't believe in having most animals loose in a car, but it was a 911 situation and we needed to get him to the vet ASAP.

We usually have carriers staged near the front door of the house during fire season. (My house is about seven miles from Paradise, CA, where the horrific Camp Fire destroyed most of the home and killed more than 80 people.) Unfortunately, the cat's encounter with ???? came in December, when it was cold outside, so the carrier was stuffed away in a closet and not immediately available.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #35
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Projectile vomit from a 4 year old who had been drinking chocolate milk for the past few hours in the middle of summer.

It was absolutely horrifying...

... Not my child
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #36
E93_Savage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
How fast did you clean this? Did you use upholstery cleaner? Im afraid that my drink i spilled will get carpet too dried so its permanent if left too long
I had just to work no cleaning supplies other than water and my undershirt which I took off in the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #37
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

sneezed with a mouthful of yogurt and granola all over instrument cluster and center console of my old X5

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #38
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Yesterday had lunch with a buddy of mine. He had put about a dozen partly filled latex paint can in the back of his pickup truck to go to the landfill.

We come out of restaurant and it is dripping paint from the bed. He had to swerve around someone who pulled out on him....and forgotten about the paint cans unsecured in the back. About half were open on on their sides....

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #39
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

A full gallon of paint in the trunk on way home from Home Depot. No joke! Actually got it out
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 05:39 AM   #40
aelizur
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Angry how to clean between the driver's seat and the console

Hi, we took our dog for a drive and he threw up a large volume of a disgusting puck, some of it went between the console and the driver's seat. I cleaned all I could but I cant get to all, and it stinks the car so bad! How do I get there (remove the front seat? lift it?) to clean? Help, please!!

mad at the dog, not my lovely X3...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 01:08 PM   #41
megf
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 BMW X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2022 BMW X3  [0.00]
Years ago my sister spilled a milk shake between the front passenger seat and the center console. As hard as a clean it, my car smelled like spoiled milk for a long time.

Even worse a few years ago, I was driving our dog and our neighbors dog home from doggie day camp. Our neighbors dog is a lab, and apparent they are known for eating their own and other dogs feces. Pulling out of the parking lot he vomitted dog shit all over the back seat of my car. Even though I had a dog hammock down it got all over the perforated seats. We had to remove the whole back seat and take the car for a full interior detail and the car still smelled for a while.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 04:45 PM   #42
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

24 oz cola spilled on my carpet. Needed to pull out the carpet and have it washed.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 05:31 PM   #43
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Mine is very tame compared to you guys. I was stupidly fumbling around w some crazy glue as I was doing something w a carcam mount or whatever...can't even remember, then the stupid thing squirted out a few blobs on the centre metal gear console. I used some solvent to remove it and it did *along w the veneer/coating?* so now it looked slightly different from the other metal panels on the dash.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 09:45 PM   #44
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

When I read the headline I was not thinking drink spill but car spill:

Appreciate 0