BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Best Toll Pass Mounting Location?

04-30-2023, 06:52 PM   #23
Photographer918
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tundra, Telluride

I always mount transponders behind the passenger side of the rear view mirror, ideally so I can’t see it from the driving position. That has worked in every car so far, including the current X5…..
Appreciate 1
chicagox7190.00
      05-01-2023, 10:36 AM   #24
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
i believe in NYC as long as you have your plate registered with e-zpass its fine, no additional fees. i've had tolls that got billed to my plate before when my tag didnt register, same e-zpass pricing.
Yes, having your plate registered is vital in order to avoid some of the outrageous violation fees they are charging. However, they also started to charge "Tolls by Mail" rate for toll, when your plate is read, rather than the tag. And since they have the pictures of your windshield, and if the tag is not visibly mounted in the expected spot, the claim is - your tag was improperly installed - hence higher fee. I used to keep the tag in the little cubby to the left of the steering wheel, and only take it out and placing it on the dash when going through tolls - not any more.

Do yourself a favor (especially in NYC), and take away any possible reasons they could have to charge you fees and penalties.

E-ZPass NY Class Action
Appreciate 1
chicagox7190.00