BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum First BMW XM Label Red Delivered!

10-29-2023, 08:21 PM   #177
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesdayjob View Post
Can you really tell a difference after the first 300 ?

My build is still not here yet and like I said I’m afraid it won’t live up to the rsq8 but it’s time
For a new car so think I have to do it regardless
Absolutely you can tell the difference! The horsepower and torque is limited and it warns you every time you start the vehicle until you get past the 300 miles. Remember that it’s 300 miles on the engine, not just the first 300 miles on the vehicle. I finally accomplished this by purposely turning off hybrid mode to enforce it. Note that you have to do on every vehicle start. I drove about 100 miles that did not count towards the 300 by not doing this originally. You will need to do the same for the 1,200 mile break-in. Engine only if you want to get there quicker.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13096.50
      10-29-2023, 11:18 PM   #178
joesdayjob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw xm label red

what does this mean lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 09:08 PM   #179
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Absolutely you can tell the difference! The horsepower and torque is limited and it warns you every time you start the vehicle until you get past the 300 miles. Remember that it’s 300 miles on the engine, not just the first 300 miles on the vehicke. I finally accomplished this by purposely turning off hybrid mode to enforce it. Note that you have to do on every vehicle start. I drove about 100 miles that did not count towards the 300 by not doing this originally. I believe you need to do the same for the 1200 mile break-in. Engine only if you want to get there quicker.
Yea, I drove 90% of the first 1200 miles in Gas Mode.
I want to make sure that the ICE is fully broken in.
And it was a good difference after the full rpm is unlocked.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2023, 08:14 PM   #180
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you really tell a difference after the first 300 ?

My build is still not here yet and like I said I’m afraid it won’t live up to the rsq8 but it’s time
For a new car so think I have to do it regardless
I can tell you for a fact that I love the XM label more than the RSQ8 and have under 300 miles so far. It looks more unique from the outside and the drive is more exciting.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13096.50
      12-03-2023, 08:08 AM   #181
Warrenber
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW XM Label

Quote:
has anyone seen the 1/500 badge. the global marketing manager on a video over the summer said in black red wheels frozen black paint red trim it would only be 1 of 500 , now it seems there is an infinite amount. my build should be arriving very soon to my dealership MY sales manager did not ask me if i wanted red trim and just ordered my vehicle. i am bummed i wanted red but here we are
Supposedly there is a difference between Label Red and Label. It’s the Label Red with the Red accents that will only have 500 built.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:14 AM   #182
Warrenber
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
Not my cup of tea, the red accents inside is kinda ugly…

With that said, I’m interested to see the reviews and how it compares to the base XM…

Personally If I were to spend that type of cash I’d probably just buy the Cayenne Turbo GT.
The Cayenne is a great car but I probably see 50 of them a day. The Turbo GT basically looks the same as the other models. There is nothing unique about them and when you spend that kind of money, I want it to be completely different on the outside.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:18 AM   #183
Warrenber
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPATURK View Post
Not a fan. Ordered a regular and just could not do it without a glass roof or sunroof. I know weird but rather drive XB7 in my opinion
I’ve always ordered a sunroof and I have it closed 90% of the time due to the GA heat. I probably have opened it 1% of the time. I question how many people truly use them.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:22 AM   #184
Warrenber
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMBlack View Post
The original BMW XM label reds were supposed to be frozen carbon black with red trim on badges, grille, sides, and rear diffuser with 1/500 badge inside. I just don’t know if this is still the case given they have dropped the red from the name and now are calling it the XM label. They also were originally going to release many label editions but again I don’t know if this is the case. Only someone at BMW will be able to tell us what happened and whether or not other editions will be released. My suspicion is that there is another model possible as the V8 engine is still detuned in the XM label leaving room for a pricier edition at a later date….
I heard via the grapevine that they got sued or were threatened with legal action by Johnny Walker who have copyrighted “Red Label” so they were forced to remove “Red” from the name.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:26 AM   #185
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenber View Post
Supposedly there is a difference between Label Red and Label. It’s the Label Red with the Red accents that will only have 500 built.
The word red was dropped altogether and with the first 500 option package have yet to see the light of day. I was one of the first in the country to get one and since they’re built in the US, not sure where they went. I believe it was completely pulled for the rumor you already mentioned on this thread and another one.

There’s a specific option package for the first 500. If you scroll back far enough, I posted a screenshot, but I have not seen one anywhere and I was looking at dealerships nationwide before I got mine at my preferred dealer.

The OP’s Label looks just like the one he posted on this thread, but that’s not actually his particular car. This is just the first one seen at a dealership. I stole his thunder and purchased mine before his came in. 😂😂😂

Mine is in Jerez black metallic. Aside from the red badging and the interior seating and trim differences, it doesn’t look much different than a regular XM base model which is just fine with me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:30 AM   #186
Warrenber
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWXMBlack View Post
Pretty sure XM regular and XM label should have same money factor as is my experience in the past where same models even in different trims have same money factors. If base money factor is indeed 0.00190, then I think you are paying a 1% higher interest rate than you should but like you said the dealership has to make up a little of the money off your incredible discount! A 1% higher rate on this car could be 6-7K per year. I plan on putting up 7MSDs next week to potentially drop money factor below 0.00150…..I guess we will see what happens next week…
I bought a Base and changed it to a Label the next day. The money factor for November was .00230 for both models for tier 1 or what they call Elite. I got about $23k in discounts so car was in $165k range. I built a comparable G Wagon and monthly lease was quite a bit higher so Mercedes most likely set much lower residuals.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:32 AM   #187
Warrenber
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Those have yet to see the light of day. I was one of the first in the country to get one and since they’re built in the US, not sure where they went. I believe it was completely pulled for the rumor you already mentioned on this thread and another one.

There’s a specific option package for the first 500. If you scroll back far enough, I posted a screenshot, but I have not seen one anywhere and I was looking at dealerships nationwide before I got mine at my preferred dealer.

The OP’s Label looks just like the one he posted on this thread, but that’s not actually his particular car. This is just the first one seen at a dealership. I stole his thunder and purchased mine before his came in. 😂😂😂

Mine is in Jerez black metallic. Aside from the red badging and the interior seating and trim differences, it doesn’t look much different than a regular XM base model which is just fine with me.
Looks great in Black. Definitely enhances it badass road presence.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2023, 08:33 AM   #188
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I bought a Base and changed it to a Label the next day. The money factor for November was .00230 for both models for tier 1 or what they call Elite. I got about $23k in discounts so car was in $165k range. I built a comparable G Wagon and monthly lease was quite a bit higher so Mercedes most likely set much lower residuals.
That was the same money factor they gave me. I bought mine in October, so the lease credit credit was 7500 plus another $13K off MSRP. I was lucky to get that because I bought mine when they first arrived at all US dealerships that week and dealers were reluctant to negotiate that early. My lease payment is just under $2400 a month for 10,000 miles/36 months.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:34 AM   #189
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks great in Black. Definitely enhances it badass road presence.
This is what it looks like under extremely bright lighting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 09:00 AM   #190
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What color did you get by the way?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 03:21 PM   #191
HC707
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

VirtualGuitars
Jerez Black looks amazing! Almost like a mix of Tanzanite Blue and Carbon Black. Looks very sinister😁
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2023, 03:23 PM   #192
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC707 View Post
VirtualGuitars
Jerez Black looks amazing! Almost like a mix of Tanzanite Blue and Carbon Black. Looks very sinister😁
Thanks man. I had carbon black metallic on my M550, but this is a tad bit darker and a little closer to a deep purple. I absolutely love it. Unless it’s really sunny outside, it looks nearly black most of the time.
Appreciate 1
HC70757.00
      12-03-2023, 04:14 PM   #193
HC707
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

I would have never guessed purple by looking at your pics. Either way, its awesome! It must be an Individual color.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #194
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC707 View Post
I would have never guessed purple by looking at your pics. Either way, its awesome! It must be an Individual color.
Technically, all of the XM Label color offerings are all individual colors. That’s why they all say special paint when you see them on a dealer website before they have arrived. So yes, it was.
Appreciate 0