BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Valet driver disconnects dash cam - how pissed should I be?

11-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #89
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniE92 View Post
I worked valet for 2 1/2 years when I was age 16-18. Dealt with a lot of crap. There are soooo many characters here in SoCal. IMO the best way to go about valeting your car is simply avoiding it. If it's the only option you pull up and treat valet employee as an equal since he/she is just another face hustling for paper, take a video of your odometer and a walk around of the car and let the valet driver know you did that and if you have a Dashcam or any radar detector let them know as well. This will ensure the driver to NOT joyride the car if they were planning to and take extra good care of it if they weren't going to already.

Quick side note: most valet employees don't know the difference between a 320 and M3CS they're just there for the paycheck. If you have a 6 speed avoid valet at all costs. This applies to SoCal mostly idk about other states but most restaurants and event venues don't have a credible valet company, they just pay people cash to park cars (don't ask how I know ).

BOTTOM LINE: No ones gonna treat your car like you so avoid valet to sleep comfortably at nights.
I say don't valet your car, ever, anywhere. You're entrusting your valuables to someone who's poorly paid and probably completely untrained and unaccountable. Sound like a good idea? Nope, doesn't sound smart to me either.
      11-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #90
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

OP: please followup on the outcome.

As for those mouth masturbating over the PA two party consent law. Here is the law:

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/L...18/00.057..HTM

Here is a key definition:

"Oral communication." Any oral communication uttered by a person possessing an expectation that such communication is not subject to interception under circumstances justifying such expectation.

Need help understanding that definition? Consult legal counsel.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      11-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #91
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

My question would be; is it legal to video private property, even though the camera is in your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #92
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
My question would be; is it legal to video private property, even though the camera is in your car?
Well if it isn't, you have a hell of a case against everyone who ever visited Disneyland and Disneyworld.
      11-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #93
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Well if it isn't, you have a hell of a case against everyone who ever visited Disneyland and Disneyworld.
Back of the ticket, 3rd clause. Says you may be video recorded and entry into the park is consent. Also says you could be used in marketing and won't be compensated.

The mouse knows his stuff.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      11-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #94
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Back of the ticket, 3rd clause. Says you may be video recorded and entry into the park is consent. Also says you could be used in marketing and won't be compensated.

The mouse knows his stuff.
I don't mean by Disney-cams.
      11-25-2019, 07:50 AM   #95
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I don't mean by Disney-cams.
Even though Disney is private property, I suspect any judge would say you have no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in a group of thousands of people at an amusement park.
Appreciate 0