BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Thoughts on Chris Harris on Cars that premiered on BBCAm

07-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Thoughts on Chris Harris on Cars that premiered on BBCAm

So I just recorded and watched the premiere of this show. First ep being the Porsche GT3RS v Aston Martin GT12 v McLaren 650S.

I think if I'm not mistaken I have seen this on his YT channel a few months back. Really thought it will be new content but I guess this is their move to reach the masses, which isn't a bad move at all. Just probably preferred if it were new content and not just recycled from their online channel. Either way, this is the same CH hooning and shredding rubber on the most coveted machines available today (and then some...). Still entertaining, straightforward and no BS unlike most auto shows these days. At least IMO.

What do you guys think about it?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Any review that includes CH and doesn't include Cassima or Lieberman will be a good one.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

I think CH is pretty cool and it's cool to watch him drive some amazing cars. However his reviews are not really that applicable to the real world since virtually no one drives like he does.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

By and large like his reviews but at the same time, I'd rather see a real review that doesn't revolve around drifting around and smoking tires, in which hardly anyone does. That certainly has little to no relevance to driving on a street or a track. It makes for fun but does not add value. Show me the more technical aspects. Deep dives into the engine, suspension, things that matter, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #5
mremg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TT RS, NC MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
I think CH is pretty cool and it's cool to watch him drive some amazing cars. However his reviews are not really that applicable to the real world since virtually no one drives like he does.
Yeah true. It can get boring after a while because I know I can never drive like that.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
aloksatoor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Carrera S PDK

He seems too good of a driver for us normal people to connect with. In that way the 3 bumbling oafs of original top gear were much better. Also the camera work gets a little tiring, slow slides etc...
Appreciate 0