BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Acura Type S Concept

09-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #23
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

I would 100% buy that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #24
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Here's essentially what it will look like, based on recent render images found in the RDX's infotainment.

Looks like its losing the concept's sharp hood which goes over top of the grill, probably due to safety standards. Rear end is also a bit weird looking in the images, hopefully a spoiler will help or it will look better in person. Overall the renders from the infotainment system make it look a bit tame and boring, but still more attractive than the otherwise forgettable current TLX. Interior should be similar to the RDX, meaning good materials and a nice place to sit in but lackluster and unintuitive tech. Engine is rumored to be similar to the NSX, with a twin-turbo V6 paired to SH-AWD.

I really do hope Acura gets their sh*t together. I really want to root for them (and Infiniti) but over time its gotten harder to do. Unlike Infiniti however, who continually is becoming worse, the latest RDX shows Acura is really improving and I hope it transforms the TLX into the car it should have been from the beginning.

This is still peak Acura right here...
Those renderings = boring

You are correct on that TL being the end of good looking Acura. That gen TL is my beater
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I see Infiniti (Q60 lower part of the grille), BMW (lower sides of grille), Lexus (outter edges of lower grille and LCA similarities around edges of the headlights) and Audi (headlights) stylings all smashed into one vehicle. To me this looks like someone sat down with all the other cars that they want it to compete with and made a mash up of all those cars. Also looks like a camaro to me body style-wise.
Appreciate 0