BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Comfort Access

11-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Comfort Access

Comfort Access has not been consistent for me. I have it set to automatically detect the key when I'm close to the vehicle. Sometimes it does not detect the key and requires I touch the handle to enter.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by CruiseControl; 11-17-2019 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
no_whereman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I have the same issues. While the car recognizes my profile, the seat doesn't always move to the right position. It used to annoy me but I'm resigning now to just live with it — even though this kind of things shouldn't be happening for vehicles in this price range.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_whereman View Post
I have the same issues. While the car recognizes my profile, the seat doesn't always move to the right position. It used to annoy me but I'm resigning now to just live with it — even though this kind of things shouldn't be happening for vehicles in this price range.
You can try to reset iDrive by pressing the volume button for 20-30secs.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Jarecki
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Mine seems to always work when I approach the car - the lights come on, the car unlocks and my profile loads. However half the time when I walk away from the car, it doesn't lock automatically, which it should... Pretty annoying to always have to check if it locked and then fish for the key to lock it manually.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
MarkH62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, 750Li

Mine works when approaching the car most of the time. On occasion, I think related to not driving it for several days, I will actually have to touch the door handle to get a response. I've never had a problem with it not locking when I walk away.

The only other minor issue I have is this: The wife and I have different profiles tied to our key fobs. Most of the time that works well, but sometimes when we're both getting in and I'm driving, it will set everything for my profile except the interior lighting color. It's not a big deal, and super simple to change the colors back, but I just have to wonder... why? Everything else is right but the colors, and it only does that occasionally.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

I found that it doesnt work if my phone is blocking the key to the car. I know it sounds strange. But I keep a key in a pouch that I take out so I don't have to always have my purse. The key and credit card are in the pouch and my phone is in the same hand. If I have the phone in front of the pouch it won't even unlock with the handle. It works if the phone is behind it. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0