BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 911 4S or GTR

01-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #67
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:54 PM   #68
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
It is the badge, and you're crazy if you think badge has nothing to do with it. If the GTR had a Porsche badge on it, reviews would be way different because it's a Porsche.

The fact that there are people who think the Panamera is a good looking car shows the power of a badge.
Preach

This is the truth of the world.

People are stuck up and will continue to be until their financial assets are depleted.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 11:10 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Do people in this thread even read? Holy fk! lol none of the responses have anything to do with what I say..
      01-04-2016, 05:30 AM   #70
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
Yuck. A Nissan badge?
Yuck slow. I make more power than if you combined your X5, M4, 991TTS, and 997

Quote:
Porsche.

Do you really want to admit to having Nissan keys in your pocket? Or would you rather say "Porsche"....just say it, I know you want to.
Weak lol. If you brag about a Porsche then you're doing it wrong. When you're in the exotic league then you can talk about what keys are in your pocket, and even then just a news flash... You're gonna sound like a tool and give the brand you support a bad rep.

Anytime you want to get whipped by a Nissan look me up

Quote:
Ok.. again, like I said to another poster, if you don't like the GTR than what I said isn't for you. My post was for someone who is cross shopping the 2 cars and seriously likes both but can't decide which one. For someone in that situation, only reason to get the Porsche CS is because of the badge...And this thread isn't even about the GT4.

And I never understand that "one is a track monster the other is for carving mountain roads" WTF! It doesn't have to be one or the other .. A GTR is a track monster that will crave up mountain roads.
People who brag about "carving up backroads" are in cars that'll never go fast lol, but that's also the hidden beauty of the GTR wanna "carve up cannons" throw a JRZ suspension and cup2 tires on it and it'll dominate any Porsche. Want to go fast, or really fast... They have an answer for that too... Literally anything aftermarket has been thought of and come to form on that car. A totally unique and individual experience especially if you have the money.

A tiny bit of mods on stock engine and transmission vs. an EVOMS Tune + Exhaust 991 TTS

The GTR can hang with the best of them in the canyons and still with a few K in mods and e85... GUT a 911TTS, and thats not even starting to bring up turbos, engine builds where even the cheapest turbo kits can gut some of the fastest King Kong Porsches out there lol

My car dead hooks in 30 degree weather with 1000whp on low boost, drive it rain or to McDonald's.

Its funny to see Porsche guys hate so hard when they have their fair share of haters too who misunderstand the brand, or certain models/ purpose.

Love my GTR, and I was trading in cars every 5-10 months totally unhappy with the direction of German cars. I can't imagine not keeping a GTR having had one now. So keep in mind most of the people who hate, maybe to took a test drive, or rode in their buddies with a tune on it or they play on xbox with the car, or read car and driver or watch videos and have zero credibility to judge the car.

I think you should test drive both and see how you feel as in the end its your decision

Also I've never heard a Porsche that didn't sound like a camry lol, Terrible exhausts...

Last edited by M5Rlz; 01-04-2016 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #71
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz
Quote:
Yuck. A Nissan badge?

Quote:
Porsche.

Do you really want to admit to having Nissan keys in your pocket? Or would you rather say "Porsche"....just say it, I know you want to.
Weak lol. If you brag about a Porsche then you're doing it wrong. When you're in the exotic league then you can talk about what keys are in your pocket, and even then just a news flash... You're gonna sound like a tool and give the brand you support a bad rep.

Quote:
Ok.. again, like I said to another poster, if you don't like the GTR than what I said isn't for you. My post was for someone who is cross shopping the 2 cars and seriously likes both but can't decide which one. For someone in that situation, only reason to get the Porsche CS is because of the badge...And this thread isn't even about the GT4.

And I never understand that "one is a track monster the other is for carving mountain roads" WTF! It doesn't have to be one or the other .. A GTR is a track monster that will crave up mountain roads.
People who brag about "carving up backroads" are in cars that'll never go fast lol, but that's also the hidden beauty of the GTR wanna "carve up cannons" throw a JRZ suspension and cup2 tires on it and it'll dominate any Porsche. Want to go fast, or really fast... They have an answer for that too... Literally anything aftermarket has been thought of and come to form on that car. A totally unique and individual experience especially if you have the money.

A tiny bit of mods on stock engine and transmission vs. an EVOMS Tune + Exhaust 991 TTS

The GTR can hang with the best of them in the canyons and still with a few K in mods and e85... GUT a 911TTS, and thats not even starting to bring up turbos, engine builds where even the cheapest turbo kits can gut some of the fastest King Kong Porsches out there lol

My car dead hooks in 30 degree weather with 1000whp on low boost, drive it rain or to McDonald's.

Its funny to see Porsche guys hate so hard when they have their fair share of haters too who misunderstand the brand, or certain models/ purpose.

Love my GTR, and I was trading in cars every 5-10 months totally unhappy with the direction of German cars. I can't imagine not keeping a GTR having had one now. So keep in mind most of the people who hate, maybe to took a test drive, or rode in their buddies with a tune on it or they play on xbox with the car, or read car and driver or watch videos and have zero credibility to judge the car.

I think you should test drive both and see how you feel as in the end its your decision

Also I've never heard a Porsche that didn't sound like a camry lol, Terrible exhausts...
Yes yes, you will one day understand when you grow up that it's not all about the power. It's about creature comforts, the drive itself and how much the car speaks to you as a whole.

Any Porsche guy can obviously afford a gt-r and do the mods...but vice versa? Maybe. I don't doubt at all there are 1500 hp gt-rs out there, but for different folks, different strokes. I much prefer the interior refinement on any German car over a Nissan.

When you get a little older, you will understand this. Until then, nice car, we should race! You in Texas?
      01-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #72
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
I was thinking the same thing. "Admitting to having a Nissan key in your pocket". Yeah i would. It says GTR on it and destroys cars over £200k. I C4S would have trouble with a 435i. Lol. Either go Porsche Turbo or go elsewhere. My C4S was junk and felt like an overpriced 330i.

The C2 and C4S to me does nothing great.
Its fast but only as quick as an M cars baby brother
Its ok at handling but nowhere near an Mx5

So in turn what is it. Its a posers car for the guys that could afford GT or TT. Sorry.
not all cars are built for speed, nor do the buyers want them. I have family that has a 997 turbo and Panamera gts and should absolutely have gotten the c4s or Pan 4s.... ( if i didn't convince them into the faster one ) Look at porsche's website.... they have 10-20 options almost for each model... even if money is no option some people will be picking the C4s over the turbo... it actually sounds much better too...

I am a huge porsche fan along with M3 fan. I am sticking with the M Cars now for practicality but they have no comparison to Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #73
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
I was thinking the same thing. "Admitting to having a Nissan key in your pocket". Yeah i would. It says GTR on it and destroys cars over £200k. I C4S would have trouble with a 435i. Lol. Either go Porsche Turbo or go elsewhere. My C4S was junk and felt like an overpriced 330i.

The C2 and C4S to me does nothing great.
Its fast but only as quick as an M cars baby brother
Its ok at handling but nowhere near an Mx5

So in turn what is it. Its a posers car for the guys that could afford GT or TT. Sorry.
not all cars are built for speed, nor do the buyers want them. I have family that has a 997 turbo and Panamera gts and should absolutely have gotten the c4s or Pan 4s.... ( if i didn't convince them into the faster one ) Look at porsche's website.... they have 10-20 options almost for each model... even if money is no option some people will be picking the C4s over the turbo... it actually sounds much better too...

I am a huge porsche fan along with M3 fan. I am sticking with the M Cars now for practicality but they have no comparison to Porsche.
Plus 1. Anyone who thinks a c4s would have trouble with a 435 know nothing. A c4S crushes anything bmw on a track and still is quite fast in a straight. It takes an m4 GTS on cup tires to beat the current carrera S on street tires at the ring, enough said.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #74
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Is the GTR's transmission still made of glass?
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #75
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

I kinda feel like when you have to bring up investing thousands upon thousands of dollars into your car of choice, you lost your argument.
Appreciate 2
      01-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #76
MPerformance211
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 981 Boxster S; 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post

Stock GT4 sounds like a Camary huh? Seriously man, how in the hell do you expect anyone to take you serioulsy with a comment like that?

I owned a GTR and it sounded like a sewing machine in stock form. Midpipe and HKS exhaust helped a great deal.

Just had a Cobb AP on it and it was stupid fast. But it couldn't outrun how ugly it is and that hodge podge hideous interior layout.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #77
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo
I kinda feel like when you have to bring up investing thousands upon thousands of dollars into your car of choice, you lost your argument.
I kinda feel like when people start bringing up cars that weren't in OPs post .. 911 Turbo, Cayman GT4, etc .. They kinda lost the argument.
      01-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #78
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

the 4s is slow, I'm not sure how it's even in the same ranking for you honestly as the gtr. I love the look of the 4s but performance wise and fun factor the GTR has it covered day and night.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #79
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
I kinda feel like when people start bringing up cars that weren't in OPs post .. 911 Turbo, Cayman GT4, etc .. They kinda lost the argument.
??? That never happens.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #80
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Both cars have their own appeal and ultimately it is a personal preference thing. My fiancee gifted me 24 hrs and 350 miles in a GT-R 2 years back and and the same thing in a 991 911 Carrera S (MT) this past year.

Both experiences were hilarious fun, but I felt a much more fulfilling connection to the manual, connected and agile 911. The GTR would tempt me with modifications, tunes and overnight parts from Japan (to decimate all!) while the 911 just begs to be driven on your favorite road.

Get some extended seat time in both, let your gut make the choice.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #81
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Can anyone comment about the actual ownership costs between the two (maybe even who actually owned or owns one of the cars)? GTR sounds like a bargain, but in forums it sounds like maintenance would be a killer and especially for a DD.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #82
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPerformance211 View Post
Stock GT4 sounds like a Camary huh? Seriously man, how in the hell do you expect anyone to take you serioulsy with a comment like that?
The guy thinks a V6 sounds like a flat 6. He lost all credibility right there. I am not a GTR hater like some in this thread, but when did the GTR become gods gift to exhaust notes. Honestly it is way down on list. I don't even think about it when someone asked what are your favorite exhaust notes.

Sure does sound like a camry.

Fabspeed Supersport on 991 C2.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 01-04-2016 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #83
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

id buy the nissan, but im married.

if i was single, the porsche is the way to go for obvious tigo bitties reasons

was able to drive both around a track and the GTR made the 4s seem like a kids toy.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #84
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_
Quote:
The guy thinks a V6 sounds like a flat 6. He lost all credibility right there. I am not a GTR hater like some in this thread, but when did the GTR become gods gift to exhaust notes. Honestly it is way down on list. I don't even think about it when someone asked what are your favorite exhaust notes.

Fabspeed Supersport on 991 C2.

Sounds good in that video.
      01-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #85
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatatasFritas View Post
As an additional car to the M3, what is the thought on a used 991 911 4s vs a '15 or '16 BE Nissan GTR?

The 911 Turbo is the Porsche most frequently compared to the GTR given the power output and AWD and I haven't seen many comparisons between the tamer 911 and Godzilla.

Thanks
I'd purchase the 911 4S for a few reasons.

1. I think every enthusiast should own a 911 at one time or another. I have not yet done so but it is on my bucket list.
2. I believe that the 911 will prove to be a better long-term car companion based on it's relative stealth, comfort, build quality, and reliability.
3. Sometimes you don't need to go balls to the wall fast and the useable street performance that the GTR brings may not be worth the negatives it brings to the table.

Pls remember...just my opinion. N=1.
Good luck with your decision!!

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #86
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
The fact that there are people who think the Panamera is a good looking car shows the power of a badge.
Looks are subjective of course, but I 100% agree with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 04:58 AM   #87
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Just had a Cobb AP on it and it was stupid fast. But it couldn't outrun how ugly it is and that hodge podge hideous interior layout.
Interior is pretty bad, but again its not really going for it. Same way I'd describe the ride and sound as race car like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'd purchase the 911 4S for a few reasons.

1. I think every enthusiast should own a 911 at one time or another. I have not yet done so but it is on my bucket list.
2. I believe that the 911 will prove to be a better long-term car companion based on it's relative stealth, comfort, build quality, and reliability.
3. Sometimes you don't need to go balls to the wall fast and the useable street performance that the GTR brings may not be worth the negatives it brings to the table.

Pls remember...just my opinion. N=1.
Good luck with your decision!!

Cheers-mk
1. Agree. Absolutely love PDK of the TTS. Literally my top DCT transmission I've been around and a must experience. Maybe only Ferrari tops it and that might have been just part of the Ferrari experience.

2. They're a PITA to get in and out if you move around friends/family so unless its just a weekend fun car, I'd disagree. Stealth, build quality and reliability agree with and its one of the best built cars around, and they aren't taking near as many shortcuts as other German makers are now-a-days.

3. I drove my GTR in 9 degree weather on drag radials 60 miles to work, 1000whp on low boost. The car is insanely tame when tuned correctly and with the right parts. It's an incorrect assumption to compare it to say a 335i with a JB4 strapped on it where its just all over the place power wise. If you rode with me to work or in rain you'd be hard pressed to see that it had any kind of power.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 01-05-2016 at 05:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 05:02 AM   #88
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Show me where I said GT4 lol I said 911s in general sound terrible. That is literally the best sounding Porsche I've ever heard in that clip you just put up but was the OP talking about that car? no lol hes talking about a 911 4s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post

lol GTR is far from perfect on exhaust, and honestly 90% of them sound the same, which is why I went a different route with dumps, and cutouts etc. so it didn't sound like the typical GTR. They defiantly sound better than almost all 911s lmao its funny you pull 1 clip from Dubai, and the other guy brings up a completely different model. That kinda just proves the point lmao.

This is your run of the mill 4s exhaust and on sport mode with a few little burbles lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Looks are subjective of course, but I 100% agree with you on this.
Same with sound some guys will swear they hear the second coming of a street legal F1 car lol. No ability to objectively criticize something . That's the beauty of it though you see who is blindly loyal and who isn't.

Compared to the 1of1 fire shooting dubai exhaust that probably has more work then the video lets on lol

Quote:
Yes yes, you will one day understand when you grow up that it's not all about the power. It's about creature comforts, the drive itself and how much the car speaks to you as a whole.

Any Porsche guy can obviously afford a gt-r and do the mods...but vice versa? Maybe. I don't doubt at all there are 1500 hp gt-rs out there, but for different folks, different strokes. I much prefer the interior refinement on any German car over a Nissan.

When you get a little older, you will understand this. Until then, nice car, we should race! You in Texas?
I'll be out there for Texas 2k. You should head over and ride in some of those GTRs with 1200,1300, 1600hp and you'll see they are plenty comfortable for that level of power and easily kept tame until you need the power [although sometimes when trying to merge between a civic, and mini van you get a little more power than you ask for but by and large easily kept tame]. But yes its certainly not a fun car to drive if you're looking for refinement. Literally a nice enough speaker system to justify almost 6figures, a nav screen with some cool monitoring features, and heated seats. so its far from perfect or anything impressive technology wise.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 01-05-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0