BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Got a 2014 Cayman S

09-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #45
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

The S also has bigger brakes.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2019, 09:03 AM   #46
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Watched a couple of reviews and some have mentioned to almost sounding like a Subaru below I think 5k rpms but after that sounds really nice. I did listen to a few exhaust upgrades like Armytrix and Inotech which both sound very nice. I'm still learning more about the engine base vs the S. Looks like a difference of 50hp?
Not just more hp, but bigger displacement and less turbo lag.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #47
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
so ever since you posted your interest in a Porsche 981 I've been researching what kind of Porsche I would like and didn't realize how many they have. is the 718 basically the same body style as the 981 cause they look identical. and also i'm learning now that the 981 has the flat 6 whereas the 718 has the 4 banger?

how are you loving the car now...still the same since you last posted?
Yes, the same basic design with some subtle changes front end, headlights
and tail lights.... I actually like how it looks, but yes it just doesn't have that growl of the flat six, but it does have more torque and wider powerband with the twin turbo 4 banger.

IMO, the 981(2014-2016) is the one to get due to being the last of the NA flat six and will hold value better than the 718's, although I wouldn't just blow them off they are still a great looking/driving car and deserve a test drive... I suggest bookmarking a site called vinanalytics.com where you can copy and paste vin numbers of the cars you are interested in and see exactly what options they have and the actual original sticker price with all the options.

You'll be surprised at how many people/dealers with low optioned vehicles are asking close to what some others with highly optioned cars are asking ... CPO's are nice, but you'll save a ton of money staying away from the ones on a Porsche lot.

Put it this way, the local Porsche dealer was asking $5K more for a white on black 981 Cayman S than the one I ended up getting mine for and mine had over $10k more in options...

Although there is a nice very low mile 981 Cayman S right now at an OC Porsche dealer right now for a great price, it is a stripper model with low options, but only has like 3,700 miles on her and she is white on black with a manual transmission.

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 09-25-2019 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 1