M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

08-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #67
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

The best solution is to put the M5 motor in the new M4. Perfect car.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #68
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
The best solution is to put the M5 motor in the new M4. Perfect car.
I would go poop at the dealer's doorstep if they do that. Every generation of M3 comes with its own unique set of innovative features. I am expecting something along the lines of a triple turbo arrangement to eliminate lag altogether. If they simply slap 2 turbo chargers on the N55 or worst, give it the M5's engine, it would be sacrilegious and underwhelming!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #69
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I would go poop at the dealer's doorstep if they do that. Every generation of M3 comes with its own unique set of innovative features. I am expecting something along the lines of a triple turbo arrangement to eliminate lag altogether. If they simply slap 2 turbo chargers on the N55 or worst, give it the M5's engine, it would be sacrilegious and underwhelming!
This is what I mean. Yes the M4 and M5 are different cars in obvious ways size etc and therefore aimed a slightly different audiences, but surely the power of the M4 will not be allowed to step on the toes of the M5 will it
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #70
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggly View Post
This is what I mean. Yes the M4 and M5 are different cars in obvious ways size etc and therefore aimed a slightly different audiences, but surely the power of the M4 will not be allowed to step on the toes of the M5 will it
That's the sad part, the "lower" range model will never be allowed to go faster than a "higher" range model, at least not when going straight We can be assured that the new M3/M4 would be slower on the drag strips.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #71
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
M5 vs. M4. I've always been in the M5 camp, primarily due to the heritage. When I could finally afford a BMW I couldn't get over the "3er feel" in the E9x M3. Sure, DCT and engine are freaking phenomenal The part of me that wanted a BMW also wanted some luxury.

Now, that I have been bitten by the track bug if I had to have one car, to serve as a DD and monthly track-day usage I would absolutely sell the F10 M5 and get E92 M3. But, since the M4 is going to be out shortly I am very interested in this car and see how it stacks against the E92. How light will it be? How is the tq being delivered? Would there be a small step up in creature comforts? How about the steering?

Count me in the group that will potentially be "down grading", but I don't see it that way. Pick the right tool for the job. Monster straight line speed with all of the lux items and occasion track fun == M5. Frequent track usage and a more driver's oriented focus in exchange for lux == M3/4.
Well said sir ...........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0