BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Door crease

08-28-2021, 11:21 PM   #1
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

Door crease

Hi guys, I noticed this crease on driver door in garage light, it's not visible in bright sunlight. I think it happened during transportation. I notified my dealer but I'm not sure if they will help me or not as I have purchased car already. It only has 33 miles. What's my remedy in this case. Can it be removed via paint less dent removal? I'm really disappointed with myself at this and upset that I didn't find it at the time of delivery.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
PDR should be able to remove that based on what I can see in the pic. I think your biggest challenge may be convincing the dealer that you did not do the damage since you have already driven off the lot. Minor PDR repairs are relatively quick and cheap all things considered, so hopefully your dealer will work with you on this as cars get dinged in transport more often than people think.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 07:05 AM   #3
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
PDR should be able to remove that based on what I can see in the pic. I think your biggest challenge may be convincing the dealer that you did not do the damage since you have already driven off the lot. Minor PDR repairs are relatively quick and cheap all things considered, so hopefully your dealer will work with you on this as cars get dinged in transport more often than people think.
Thanks so much. That's what I'm hoping for. It's almost impossible to see when you walk around the car. Only at a certain angle and in a certain light it's visible. It's very easy to miss it. I need to look for a good PSE guy around.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Thanks so much. That's what I'm hoping for. It's almost impossible to see when you walk around the car. Only at a certain angle and in a certain light it's visible. It's very easy to miss it. I need to look for a good PSE guy around.
My dealer agreed to have it fixed. Does anyone have experience with pdr. Does it cause any paint damage.
Appreciate 2
x7bmw23283.00
dmanb2b2132.50
      08-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
bradythedog12
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i, 2014 X6 50i

glad to hear your dealer will be working with you on this. good move by them!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #6
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
My dealer agreed to have it fixed. Does anyone have experience with pdr. Does it cause any paint damage.
Have had PDR done for years. It’s amazing what a good PDR guy can do. Shouldn’t be any paint damage at all which is the point of PDR and you shouldn’t be able to tell where the dent was once they are done.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #7
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hi Folks I wanted to update on this.

Finally my X7 is back home , all fixed as it never even happened

Shout out to to BMW of Columbia for going out of the way to have it taken care of. David (GM) , Donovan ( CA) Edwin ( service Forman) and all if the staff is amazing in the dealership.

1-To begin with they gave me a pretty good deal on the car given current circumstances.
2- They acknowledge the problem and tried to address that, they could have said car is delivered, we don't know how it happened. They called a local pdr guy to fix the door crease, who was not able to do it
3- It was finally figured out that the sound deadening material bmw used expanded and was pushing the sheet metal out.
4- They called in a guy from Charlotte to work on the car, he spent nearly 10 hours and did amazing job.
5- In the meanwhile dealership gave me a brand new Dravit Grey X5MC to drive for the whole week until my car was being fixed. I would say it's an amazing car and jaw dropping speed given it's mass. However I'll take my 6 spd M2C any day on X5MC.

That's called customer service.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-04-2021, 07:28 AM   #8
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Hi Folks I wanted to update on this.

Finally my X7 is back home , all fixed as it never even happened

Shout out to to BMW of Columbia for going out of the way to have it taken care of. David (GM) , Donovan ( CA) Edwin ( service Forman) and all if the staff is amazing in the dealership.

1-To begin with they gave me a pretty good deal on the car given current circumstances.
2- They acknowledge the problem and tried to address that, they could have said car is delivered, we don't know how it happened. They called a local pdr guy to fix the door crease, who was not able to do it
3- It was finally figured out that the sound deadening material bmw used expanded and was pushing the sheet metal out.
4- They called in a guy from Charlotte to work on the car, he spent nearly 10 hours and did amazing job.
5- In the meanwhile dealership gave me a brand new Dravit Grey X5MC to drive for the whole week until my car was being fixed. I would say it's an amazing car and jaw dropping speed given it's mass. However I'll take my 6 spd M2C any day on X5MC.

That's called customer service.
Now that's how you do business. Your word of mouth will pay them back 10x. Glad it worked out!!
Appreciate 0