BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum She has arrived!

02-29-2020, 07:25 AM   #23
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
You could have bought the wheels separately and then sold the cerium. It’s what I did and I ended up making money from it. Gas mileage isn’t much better then the M50i and if that’s a real concern you should have bought a Prius. If you really wanted the 50i you would of had it but obviously the price and options won you over on the 40i. Cheers.
You keep insisting the price was the factor here, it wasn’t and isn’t. I feel like you have a superiority complex where only the M50i owners may speak in. I’ll clue you in on something, I’m not the guy putting M50 badges on my 40. I ordered what I wanted and will enjoy it immensely. Not that it matters as it’s a forum but calling someone a liar based on nothing isn’t exactly couth. Finally, my gas mileage comment wasn’t based on money, again your assumption just the convenience of not filling up all the time.

No need to respond to me anymore btw. We get it.
Appreciate 2
torment26.00
iconoclast7257.50
      02-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #24
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
You keep insisting the price was the factor here, it wasn’t and isn’t. I feel like you have a superiority complex where only the M50i owners may speak in. I’ll clue you in on something, I’m not the guy putting M50 badges on my 40. I ordered what I wanted and will enjoy it immensely. Not that it matters as it’s a forum but calling someone a liar based on nothing isn’t exactly couth. Finally, my gas mileage comment wasn’t based on money, again your assumption just the convenience of not filling up all the time.

That was very poetically put. I think it is a bit of a given that anybody walking into a BMW showroom to buy an X7 can afford any model they want.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 07:40 AM   #25
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
That was very poetically put. I think it is a bit of a given that anybody walking into a BMW showroom to buy an X7 can afford any model they want.
Well I’m not trying to be completely rude only slightly.

My sticker was 104 and change and the M50 I priced was around 117 I think. Not exactly an earth shattering difference. Before that I priced the X50 and it was slightly less but I would have had to buy a grill and some other pieces to black out. I used to heavily modify vehicles, road race, drag race etc. Those days are just over, I want to buy the vehicle exactly how I want it and enjoy a quiet smooth ride. Amazing what years do lol and I’m not that old. It may have to do with the chaos I faced overseas and the now peace of driving a fine luxury automobile. Either way this is an amazing machine and not my last.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #26
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

I agree the wheel choices are too limited for the flagship high end model. I lease my cars and need to be able to return the same wheels the car came with. Swapping and painting is not an option.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      02-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #27
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I agree the wheel choices are too limited for the flagship high end model. I lease my cars and need to be able to return the same wheels the car came with. Swapping and painting is not an option.
Same boat.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #28
WunderbarBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Well she also named Lapis by my daughter lol is here. Will get some interior in the morning. The Tanzanite Blue is just awesome, anyone on the fence don’t be. Short version TB II, Full Black Merino, Extended Shadow, BW Audio, Rear Entertainment ( already did fire stick, thanks 760).

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but just wanted to say that is one beautiful machine. That color choice is striking. Congratulations!!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 11:43 AM   #29
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Gorgeous. Congrats. Share more pics in different lighting if you can please

Think you’ll switch the orange reflector to black?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #30
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpop302 View Post
Gorgeous. Congrats. Share more pics in different lighting if you can please

Think you’ll switch the orange reflector to black?
Will do! It’s a pretty day today so I’ll grab some more.

Yeah I was just looking at those!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 05:55 PM   #31
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:

No superiority complex here. Just calling what I see.
Enjoy your X7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
I disagree.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:33 PM   #32
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
No superiority complex here. Just calling what I see.
Enjoy your X7.

I disagree.

What you saw is wrong and it’s ok to be wrong. Have a good night.
Appreciate 2
      02-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #33
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

[/QUOTE]

For me, these are some of the best photos I've seen of a X7 in Tanzanite Blue. I've texted them to several friends and they love the color.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #34
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post

For me, these are some of the best photos I've seen of a X7 in Tanzanite Blue. I've texted them to several friends and they love the color.[/QUOTE]

More to come. The ceramic is going on Tuesday. Weather should be really good. I’ll take a bunch of photos.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      03-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #35
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Here's a M50i in Tanzanite Blue II without Extended Shadowline which looks pretty good with the Cerium Gray wheels. IMO the black grill and hockey sticks don't work as well with these wheels.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 08:13 AM   #36
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Here's a M50i in Tanzanite Blue II without Extended Shadowline which looks pretty good with the Cerium Gray wheels. IMO the black grill and hockey sticks don't work as well with these wheels.

It doesn’t look bad at all but you’re right the black shadow line with those wheels doesn’t work. I played around with a bunch of configurations and found that the black wheels with black shadow line was a must.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #37
jkclay
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Well she also named Lapis by my daughter lol is here. Will get some interior in the morning. The Tanzanite Blue is just awesome, anyone on the fence don’t be. Short version TB II, Full Black Merino, Extended Shadow, BW Audio, Rear Entertainment ( already did fire stick, thanks 760).

I just ordered an M50i yesterday... I'm not in love with any of the wheel options, but ended up choosing the 22' M V-spoke wheels. I would much rather have your wheels.... Anyone know why these aren't offered in the M50i??
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #38
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

Great looking car!

I'm debating M50i vs 40i MSport at the moment, but leaning towards the 40i. There's maybe a 10% cost difference between the two cars in the way I would spec them, and that difference doesn't move the needle much at all for me (or I suspect for most people buying X7s).

The biggest factor for me is the trade off between horsepower / performance and mileage. Given that this car is a huge SUV that I'll mainly use to drive my family around, the question I'm asking myself is whether the amount of time I'll spend enjoying the higher level of performance that the M50i delivers is more valuable to me than the reduced range that comes along with that performance, and how much increasing by a third my number of visits to gas stations will annoy me in the next few years.

A few years ago, it would have been an easy answer and I would have bought the M50i. After running and enjoying a big BMW V8 for 3 years though, by the time I got rid of the car, I was tired of only getting 250 miles out of a tank of gas - not because it cost more, but because it just felt like a chore that I was always stopping to fill it up.

At the end of the day I'd be more than happy with either model, but for the purpose this car will serve for me, on balance the 40i is probably a better fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #39
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
Quote:
You keep insisting the price was the factor here, it wasn't and isn't. I feel like you have a superiority complex where only the M50i owners may speak in. I'll clue you in on something, I'm not the guy putting M50 badges on my 40. I ordered what I wanted and will enjoy it immensely. Not that it matters as it's a forum but calling someone a liar based on nothing isn't exactly couth. Finally, my gas mileage comment wasn't based on money, again your assumption just the convenience of not filling up all the time.

Great looking car!

I'm debating M50i vs 40i MSport at the moment, but leaning towards the 40i. There's maybe a 10% cost difference between the two cars in the way I would spec them, and that difference doesn't move the needle much at all for me (or I suspect for most people buying X7s).

The biggest factor for me is the trade off between horsepower / performance and mileage. Given that this car is a huge SUV that I'll mainly use to drive my family around, the question I'm asking myself is whether the amount of time I'll spend enjoying the higher level of performance that the M50i delivers is more valuable to me than the reduced range that comes along with that performance, and how much increasing by a third my number of visits to gas stations will annoy me in the next few years.

A few years ago, it would have been an easy answer and I would have bought the M50i. After running and enjoying a big BMW V8 for 3 years though, by the time I got rid of the car, I was tired of only getting 250 miles out of a tank of gas - not because it cost more, but because it just felt like a chore that I was always stopping to fill it up.

At the end of the day I'd be more than happy with either model, but for the purpose this car will serve for me, on balance the 40i is probably a better fit.
Additional few things to consider between the two if you go with the M50 ... if it matters to you:

- 22" v-spoke wheels will be cerium vs. bi-color black
- Cerium back, side and front accents, and grill (unless you go with extended shadow line)
- Laser lights
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #40
torment
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7

Drove both, M50i was very fast but the 40i isn't slow. Plenty fast for a large SUV. I don't have a reason to drive such a large vehicle so fast. I get 21MPG almost every tank in my 40i and its optioned similarly to the M50i that I drove. The startup sound on the V8 is much better but around town acceleration is more than enough (coming from F80 M3 Comp).
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #41
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I'm just not a big fan of the cerium color, but I love the laser headlights. I could do the ESL but I don't like the black grill either. If I could make a 50i with Sport Package like they had in '19 I'd be all over it. I will be anxiously await what happens in August for order the 21s. I'll have to make a decision then what to get.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 04:47 PM   #42
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
The Tanzanite Blue is just awesome, anyone on the fence don’t be.
When do you change your SN to "BlueBoz"?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #43
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
When do you change your SN to "BlueBoz"?
I’m ready now lol

It’s just paying homage to my alma mater.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #44
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
Great looking car!

Great summation and basically my train of thought. I wasn’t it the way I want it and the inline 6 is more than enough for my small town.
Appreciate 0