BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Daily Multi-Vitamins

06-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #23
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
I took Men's-One-A-Day Multi-Vitamin and went through a whole bottle.

It tasted like the inside of a moose's asshole, but I did feel better throughout the day. It made my piss bright green, regardless of how much water I would intake. After an entire bottle of them, I switched to GNC's Mega Men Sport, which also aids in protein synthesis and it slightly expedites my metabolism.

The GNC's MMS (Mega Men Sport) is to be ingested twice a day... once after breakfast and once after lunch. They taste pretty good... compared to Men's One-A-Day. I think they are very lightly coated with something that tastes like Cocoa. Not bad for a pill at all! The ingredients in the MMS are fantastic if you are looking to get stronger/healthier.

One thing that someone mentioned is that they get nauseous when they take Multi-Vitamins. That is to be expected if you don't follow the instructions! You have to have some food in your system!!! Else when the pill is trying to be digested, the contents will stick to your stomach lining opposed to being digested with any sort of meal... thereby making you feel like you have an upset stomach. I have been there too.

Just make sure you eat SOMETHING before you take any Multi-V. You will feel great all day.

I plan on sticking with GNC's MMS, because for 30-some dollars I get 108 days (216 capsules) worth of Multi-V that doesn't taste bad. Hell yeah.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer,
-Chris
Now that is a new one.
      06-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #24
2K5 325i
srsly *****'n!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007/8 TiAg 335i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Now that is a new one.
Hahaha, well just about all Multi-Vitamins will do that. It is just the extra vitamins and minerals that weren't absorbed, being flushed from the body. Unless you are getting HUGE amounts of water in your daily intake (gallons) taking a multi-V will do that.

I just think of it this way: I'd rather have too many vitamins (and piss out the excess) to grow to my potential, than not enough!

-Chris

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Men's one a day.

nothing fancy, but i'm satisfied.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinInk View Post
I also take Vitamin Shoppe's, so I would like to know why only on work out days.
No problem. Now the ones I take are the elites, which have a slightly different profile than the regulars. Not sure why or what the exact difference is though.

I've noticed that on some days I take them without going to the gym I feel a bit figgity, and almost like I've had a couple cups of coffee. But not quite like the anxiety feeling you get from too much caffeine.

However, when I work out I burn through my sets and have almost no drop in energy level. Normally about 50 minutes in I really start to hit that wall. With these I just keep trucking. I still only work out for 1hour - 1.5 hours, but don't have near the energy drain. And I've only been managing to hit them gym once to twice a week since I've began taking them (work) so for me that's saying something.

It's not a huge deal or anything major, I've just never felt that with Mens one-a-day nor with centrum. I like them.

It recommends 2 daily, but I only take one. I just don't have the ability to drink the amount of water daily nor work out on a daily basis to warrant the 2 a day.

I hope this makes sense. I've been at work for nearly 12 hours and starring at the computer for so long fries your brain.

As for piss color. It's just the excess vitamins going through your system. It equates to not drinking enough water, as well as using them up at the gym.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You shouldn't "feel" a difference on a daily basis. Supplemental nutrition in a daily format is just that, supplement. It helps to ensure you get enough of the necessary vitamins and mineral that are sorely missing in much of today's food.

Eat/drink like sh!t for a month or so without them, then add them in, you will feel a difference. then if you eat decent on top of it, things get even better.

I prefer to take individual supplemts, just the things I think I need. I POUND the vitamin c, averaging 5 grams a day. I still get some colds, but they are minimal and aren't enough to cause me to miss work or anything (unless I need to go fishing). I also have some B vit complexes that dissolve under the tongue. I just can't swallow the taste of regular B supplements.
Appreciate 0