BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum when to order for Nov delivery

05-09-2023, 11:46 AM   #1
Streetdaddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7

when to order for Nov delivery

Planning to order an x7 to take delivery at a pcd in November to get my cca rebate. Not in any hurry. When would be a good time to order? Thinking of shopping around at one of the 4% off dealers in the southeast.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Have you checked with your local dealers on their allocations? Some may be able to get you one within a few weeks while others may need a few months. It all depends on their allocations.

You can always order early and ask them to get you one allocated closer to November delivery timeframe.
Appreciate 1
LeKayz85.50
      05-09-2023, 11:55 AM   #3
Streetdaddy
Private First Class
Rep

Well, they won’t budge off. MSRP. And I thought tha pcd delivery looks fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetdaddy View Post
Well, they won’t budge off. MSRP. And I thought tha pcd delivery looks fun.
PCD is awesome; many posts on it if you search ‘PCD’. Highly recommend. While you may not be in a rush now, keep in mind the PCD could add 3-6 weeks to delivery time. Do you need it in November? If so, you may want an October build date. I had a Feb 16 completion date and first PCD slot offered was 3/3 (and was mandated that we had to pick it up by 4/3). Was very lucky in that my dealer was offered several more to choose from as the first didn’t work for us. From other posts, it seems that this was more a one off than the norm (getting several dates to choose from).

There is a thread (that is not letting me copy a link to) 2024 Allocations and Order Guide that has number of folks talking about specific timing of order through delivery that may be helpful to look at. One take away from that thread is that the M60 versions are taking much longer than the 40i versions- another key factor in looking at timing. Seeing their experiences there should help as you think about it, though many other factors come into play- M60’s seem to be taking longer than 40i’s; also certain options take longer than others (recent thread about the silver ash wood causing on person delays; full leather vs extended leather vs sensafin; special colors etc).

From what I’ve seen, most dealers should know around they’re allocated slots will build and can share that. Dealers receive allocations monthly from what I can tell. The next factor is the waitlist at the dealer- how many slots do they need before they get to yours. Layer in that you really want a late October build so you can pick up in Nov. I get the sense that dealers have a general idea of when they may go into production- barring some of the other factors noted.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
Streetdaddy
Private First Class
Rep

Excellent reply! Thank you. So when i take a pcd delivery, can i order from any dealer and specify pcd delivery? Or does that involve buying directly from the Spartanburg plant?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 02:14 PM   #6
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Excellent reply! Thank you. So when i take a pcd delivery, can i order from any dealer and specify pcd delivery? Or does that involve buying directly from the Spartanburg plant?
any dealer in the country.
be aware that you sign for the car before you pick it up at spartanburg- the sale is occurring at whichever dealer you choose, you are just picking up at the performance center. if you are on a timeline for the bmwcca rebate, you need to make sure you complete the sale at the 6 month mark, this will, because of how PCD works, be before your pickup date. ie: if you signed up for bmwcca today, you would have to complete the sale on or after 11/9- which would be before you pick up the car.
most dealers will want all of that done at least a week before pickup date.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 02:27 PM   #7
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Adding to Orient’s response, this also means you could use a broker to help as well as they work with dealers all over as well. I’ve not done this, though it seems they are able to get better discounts/savings than I was able to achieve. As I understand it, you pay them $500 and they can get 4-6% off the vehicle you want. Again, not 100% sure how that works, but picking up from Spartanburg creates that opportunity. There seem to be a few that advertise in the classifieds and post on the blogs as well; may be worth searching for brokers and seeing what comes up (could search the general Bimmerpost forums for brokers as well; they sell more than X7’s). If I buy another new BMW, I’ll likely go this route as we’d likely pick up via PCD again. Brokers may also be able to offer their own timeline for best time to order for November pick up.

Also, I’ve read various tax implications of buying out of state. These will be important to understand and not trip anything up that may add taxes to your situation. Finally- you need to arrive at Spartanburg with a plate; meaning the car needs to be registered before you pick it up. You’ll need to work through that if you go out of your state (can be temp). Some may be used to it for dealer near certain state lines- though will likely be more difficult for dealers further away not used to your state. Note that when the PCD experience ends, the car is your responsibility to get home (can’t drive off without plates of some sort; not sure if you can put it on a private carrier without a plate, should you go that route).

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 03:51 PM   #8
Streetdaddy
Private First Class
Rep

Im in TN. When I bought my new truck last year they gave me a temp tag at Laura gmc. I just paid taxes on it like any other car purchase. When i got back i had a few months to get the real license plate. It was super easy. No extra fees. Hopefully this will be the same. I see what your saying though. Since your not picking up at an actual dealer you have to get a tag ahead of time. Makes sense.
Yes i read about the brokers and will most likely go that route. Sounds like a good value for the hassle for $500
Appreciate 0