BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Early 2020 Pricing Questions?

03-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Early 2020 Pricing Questions?

Hello All. New here in this side of the forum. I'm in the market for a X7 with a sticker price of $82K+. I was provided a price of $12k off at $70 before taxes... Any better deals out there?

Also, I just read that there are still bugs on this vehicle such as the steering assist interfering even with the feature off. Software updates for this yet, or any other things to be considered?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Hello All. New here in this side of the forum. I'm in the market for a X7 with a sticker price of $82K+. I was provided a price of $12k off at $70 before taxes... Any better deals out there?

Also, I just read that there are still bugs on this vehicle such as the steering assist interfering even with the feature off. Software updates for this yet, or any other things to be considered?

Thank you in advance.
That's almost 15% off. I'd say that's a great price.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
That's almost 15% off. I'd say that's a great price.
Thank you. We were signing the documentation than something happened.....

Here is my letter to the CEO of BMW North America:

This letter is to convey a formal customer complaint. My family and I were at the ______, CA BMW dealership yesterday, March 19, 2020. The deal for a 2020 X7 was being finalized by your sales representative, ______. As my wife was completing the forms required at around 4:45pm, I decided to visit your parts department to purchase additional accessories for the X7. While speaking with the parts department associate, _______walked into the room and closed the door behind him. The following is to explain what had transpired:

First off, I am of Asian descent, Fillipino to be exact. As we looked at each other and made eye contact, he began singing in a provoking manner the "My Sharona" tune but with the altered lyrics as “My Corona……!!!” I then proceeded in a courteous matter, “How are you doing?”. He then announced without hesitation in a condescending and ill mannered way, “This is a no Corona Zone” as if to ensure all the employees and customers present would hear him. While he stated this, he was pointing to the desk and moved his finger around the parts department area. I noted the names of the individuals around the vicinity at the time of this incident for my records. I felt insulted with the said racial slur as I believe he did this intentionally to disturb me.

Why?!?!? Is it because he walked into a room to see an Asian individual?!? I find this very disgusting and offensive. He has admitted his wrong doing but this is still inappropriate behavior coming from an employee from a very reputable company like BMW. This is very unacceptable to me, no matter who, where, and what the situation would be. My family and I immediately walked out of your dealership out of disgust.

It is of urgency that I would like you to look into this matter and act accordingly. I am confident that you will take care of this issue as soon as possible. I appreciate a reply from you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I'm also of Asian decent and have experienced discrimination on multiple occasions including from my co-workers. Being the first non-white family to move into a small rural town in Massachusetts nearly 40 years ago, I had received more than my fair share of racism.

I don't think writing to BMW would do you any good, as dealers are not owned by BMW. They are individual franchised companies. Your best bet is to write to BBB and the owner of the dealership.

It looks like you are in the bay area. I'm just south of it and have dealt with several dealers in the bay area and can tell you the discrimination goes on even without the current COVID19 issue. Just walk away and go to another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #5
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Chances are he's done that with multiple people and doesn't know that it is offending certain people. Surely you aren't taking offense to it being called Chinese virus too. Sure hope not.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:52 AM   #6
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Not cool. Hope you find a better dealer to work with!
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #7
Eternalthinker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I would not be surprised if they have a recording of the incident.
      03-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #8
Sherlock Ohms
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW, Ford, RAM

You shouldn't have to deal with that BS. Absolutely unacceptable.
Appreciate 0