BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Leather dash option

03-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Leather dash option

I haven't been able to find anything definitive about what is actually included with the leather dash option.

Specifically, I've seen conflicting information about whether the leather dash option for 2020 models includes the lower dash or not. I played around with the configurator and couldn't see any difference in the images for either the upper or lower sections when toggling between the standard and leather dash options, so that was no help.

I ordered the leather dash along with extended merino. I opted out of the full merino specifically because I didn't want leather on the lower door panels which I'm pretty sure would get destroyed by my kids, but it would be great if the leather dash option included the lower dash.

I can't actually do anything with this information given I've already ordered my car and it is in the middle of being built. Just curious and bored while holed up inside for the foreseeable future.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
I haven't been able to find anything definitive about what is actually included with the leather dash option.

Specifically, I've seen conflicting information about whether the leather dash option for 2020 models includes the lower dash or not. I played around with the configurator and couldn't see any difference in the images for either the upper or lower sections when toggling between the standard and leather dash options, so that was no help.

I ordered the leather dash along with extended merino. I opted out of the full merino specifically because I didn't want leather on the lower door panels which I'm pretty sure would get destroyed by my kids, but it would be great if the leather dash option included the lower dash.

I can't actually do anything with this information given I've already ordered my car and it is in the middle of being built. Just curious and bored while holed up inside for the foreseeable future.
I am not sure which option triggers what but I can confirm that everything is wrapped in leather, upper and lower portion of the dash, also doors including the lower portion, there is no spot that is not wrapped in leather. Even seats on the back are in leather however again I have the top upgrades. This is not the case with basic versions. Even door pockets are in leather outside, only inside it plastic like material but the whole door is in leather.

I have 3 kids and so far no issues with door or seats to be damaged it is half a year now and winter, however I have to admit we watch for this and they know to pay attention

I have 2020 X7 M50i with upgrades
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Auricom4349.50
      03-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
I am not sure which option triggers what but I can confirm that everything is wrapped in leather, upper and lower portion of the dash, also doors including the lower portion, there is no spot that is not wrapped in leather. Even seats on the back are in leather however again I have the top upgrades. This is not the case with basic versions. Even door pockets are in leather outside, only inside it plastic like material but the whole door is in leather.
You've optioned VBEI ivory white/night blue full Merino which will have lower dash and additional items you've listed covered in leather.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

4M5 Leather dash option will replace the SensaTec upper and front/rear window sill tops with leather. You'd have to option full Merino leather interior to lower dash and door pockets etc covered in leather.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:

4M5 Leather dash option will replace the SensaTec upper dash and front/rear window sill tops with leather. You'd have to option full Merino leather interior to have the lower dash, lower door pockets etc covered in leather.
Thanks for clarification, as I stated I had all the options and I need to admit I can feel the difference as I had few loaners and could compare. Again this is only if people really care for fine details X7 with or without is quite impressive in details
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Thanks for clarification, as I stated I had all the options and I need to admit I can feel the difference as I had few loaners and could compare. Again this is only if people really care for fine details X7 with or without is quite impressive in details
I couldn't agree with you more! I balanced restraint with options on a new model year and was unsure with the ivory leather lower dashboard on will definitely will be upgrading from extended + 4M5 to full next lease.

Appreciate 0