THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Advice on this exhaust setup?

05-04-2024, 12:43 PM   #1
F36 435i M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i GC

Advice on this exhaust setup?

Hi guys,

Recently got a M240i, I love it but it's far too quiet and it's a 2019 model which means it's even quieter I think due to the OPF. On my last N55 435i my exhaust sounded insane, my setup was a back box mod, res delete, and sports cat.

For the M240i I've booked in a similar setup which is a back box mod, res delete and OPF delete. (but with a stock cat/downpipe for now).

Has anyone done this exact setup before on a B58? I was going to do a res delete and OPF delete, but from the videos I've seen, doesn't appear to be loud enough for me. So I thought the back box mod would finish it off nicely.

Before anyone recommends remus or any other custom exhaust that costs thousands, I appreciate your thoughts, but they really aren't worth the money in my view, and have no interest in getting one. Especially when you can get a setup that sounds just as nice, for more than less the cost.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
Shirazkhan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw

B58 with a catless downpipe and mperf backbox is the perfect setup in my opinion.
Why not do a dp and the backbox mod?
The drone with the res delete is annoying after a week or so.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 01:38 PM   #3
F36 435i M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirazkhan View Post
B58 with a catless downpipe and mperf backbox is the perfect setup in my opinion.
Why not do a dp and the backbox mod?
The drone with the res delete is annoying after a week or so.
Is yours a GPF/OPF model? Here in the UK, ones with a GPF/OPF are very quiet, a res delete with the OPF delete really doesn't sound that much louder. And I've never seen anyone say there is any drone with this.

But yeah, the backbox mod sounds very similar to mperf, I just don't want to get a downpipe yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 01:43 PM   #4
Shirazkhan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Well worse case u can always put the res back.But the downpipe is were the best sound lays.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 01:50 PM   #5
Shirazkhan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Do keep in mind that if you go your intended route and eventually get a dp,it will be close to a straight pipe with just the back box mod which is close enough to most of the baffles removed,and thats going to drone and be annoying(opinion) loud.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 05:24 AM   #6
F36 435i M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirazkhan View Post
Do keep in mind that if you go your intended route and eventually get a dp,it will be close to a straight pipe with just the back box mod which is close enough to most of the baffles removed,and thats going to drone and be annoying(opinion) loud.
That is true, it's hard to find out how much difference this would make sound wise. As the opf model seems to really reduce sound compared to pre opf.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 07:07 AM   #7
Shirazkhan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

The videos you hear on youtube compared to real life is a bit different.
Yes the opf does make it sound bleh.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 05:15 PM   #8
nawfoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Integra

The 240 has two resonators. one is easy to remove the second one is a oval style that my exhaust guy declined to take off.
Appreciate 0