BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Muscle Builders: Question?

10-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #243
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
Words mean things. You said potato chips provide no nutrients. Carbs and fats are nutrients. You then say they offer nothing to the body. They offer calories to the body. Youre full of shit.

And yes, chips are pretty yummy.
I used nutrients as a way for people who have no idea what a macronutrient is to be able to relate to what was being written.

Keep eating those EMPTY, inflammatory calories because fuck afterall it doesn't matter what I eat as long as I'm hypocaloric. LOL! Inflammation and catabolism don't matter I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #244
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Once again youre proving you dont have a clue what youre even talking about.
I feel the same way. Have fun with your potato chips, ice cream, and protein. Make sure to include that in your advice to others for a meal plan to improve body composition.

Quote:
Athletes generally dont know their ass from a hole in the ground unless their trainer/coach does, and plenty of them dont. Competitive athletes are genetically advantaged outliers who would excel at their sport regardless of the goofy, dogmatic, nonsensical shit their trainers put them up to in an attempt to look smart and important.
Would like to know how many high-end athletes you know personally to make such a poignant statement? Please do tell.

The work that goes into being a professional athlete is beyond your comprehension. Pros may not be book smart but best believe they are "sport smart" and "training smart" or they won't last long.

You are clearly rooted in your ways with your head sewn shut. Maybe it's the food you're eating.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #245
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
You simply had the mindset that I was recommending low carb dieting which is far from the truth as I specifically mention macronutrient cycling in previous posts outside of our conversation within this same thread. Diet is dynamic and will vary depending upon activity type, duration, etc.
Gee, I wonder where I could have gotten that idea.

Direct quote from you:
Quote:
Eat carbohydrate - spike blood sugar - release insulin - insulin is a fat storage hormone. Body fat is stored excess blood sugar.
Quote:
Now we're talking about making it up in the diet elsewhere? This is ridiculous.

Your statement is false because of their respective impacts on blood sugar and insulin is completely different and completely lacks micronutrients needed for metabolic processes. Ice cream will produce blood sugar highs and low resulting in food cravings, premature hunger, emotional imbalance, low energy, and lack of mental acuity.

In addition, sugar is inflammatory to the GI tract and inhibits the immune system. Green veggies have the opposite effect. But wait, I guess we'll make it up elsewhere in the diet. My bad.

There is more to losing weight/improving body comp than the energy balance equation or EVERY person who was hypocaloric would lose weight and improve body composition no matter what they ate. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN! Everybody would be ripped if that was the case. Like I said previously there is more to equation than energy in and energy out. I see this everyday. Lifestyle, nutrition, internal bodily function, and mental/emotional state of the trainee matter significantly.
Once again youre shifting the goal posts by bringing in factors outside of the discussion.

Quote:
Now you're onto essential fatty acids. WTF? I thought fat intake didn't matter?
Your reading comprehension appears to be lacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay
Assuming you're not doing anything specialized, like a PSMF or something, you generally want at least 20-30% of your calories to come from fat.
Quote:
You're creating your own BS scenarios in your head and twisting what I am writing by paraphrasing.
No, I am directly quoting you.

Quote:
"Here is truth - the kinds/sources of food you chose to eat, when you eat them, and how much make an impact on body composition (and your health)."
Im not disputing this.

Quote:
I appreciate you agreeing with the above as now you are officially a hypocrite.
You might want to look up the definition of 'hypocrite', as you switching the story and bringing in factors outside of the discussion does not make me a hypocrite.

Quote:
Just an article written by one of the best strength coaches in the world. That information is gold. You're helpless.
Im not looking for help. Especially not from the shills at tmuscle.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #246
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I used nutrients as a way for people who have no idea what a macronutrient is to be able to relate to what was being written.
Translation: I ignored the english language and the definition of 'nutrients' to make my statement sound better to people who dont know any better.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #247
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Would like to know how many high-end athletes you know personally to make such a poignant statement? Please do tell.

The work that goes into being a professional athlete is beyond your comprehension. Pros may not be book smart but best believe they are "sport smart" and "training smart" or they won't last long.

You are clearly rooted in your ways with your head sewn shut. Maybe it's the food you're eating.
Actually I agree with him. There are tons of high-end athletes who do not know what they are doing and would be lost without their strength and conditioning coaches.

I know because one of my coworkers is a Sports Trainer for our professional athletes we have under contract. He was also a sports trainer for a professional sports team in the past. We have a staff of trainers and deal with pros on a daily basis.

And no, we are not a gym.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #248
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I
So in a few hours competitive athletes go from diet gurus who would laugh at dietary recommendations that werent dogmatic and bro-tastic, to not being smart in the traditional sense, but they know how to train? huh?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #249
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gee, I wonder where I could have gotten that idea.
Just like I've been saying, I clearly understand the two fold nature of insulin as both a fat storage hormone and an immensely strong anabolic hormone.

Americans are obese because they are overconsuming carbohydrates and not matching that consumption with anywhere near the activity needed to use that fuel as energy. That is what I am attempting to point out when I explain that fat produces bile release and carbohydrate produces an insulin response. Alot of people think that fat makes you fat but this is not the case as the culprit is often times overconsumption of carbohydrate particularly the refined grains and sugar that is rampant in our food supply.

Quote:
Once again youre shifting the goal posts by bringing in factors outside of the discussion.
I pointed to the fact that veggies and ice cream despite both being carbohydrates are not equal. Saying that you'll make it up elsewhere is "bringing in factors outside of the discussion."

I'm calling bullshit on the whole it doesn't matter how much fat and carbohydrate you eat nor which foods you choose to fill those requirements a long as you have enough protein. I'm also calling out the energy balancing equation because there is far more to it than that due to our sick population whose internal function presents blocking factors to weight loss and health.

I do lab testing for hormone, immune, digestion, and detoxification issues on people around the country. I have yet to test an individual whose is functioning at 100% due to the toxicity that is now present everywhere and the innumerable stressors. The energy equation may only be applicable to individuals who present with no blocking factors or internal dysfunction. This is a rarity from my experience.

Quote:
Your reading comprehension appears to be lacking.
Looks like yours needs work.

Now I'm quoting you
"In the context of isocaloric diets, the proportions of fat to carbs doesn't matter."

"It all just means that from a body composition standpoint, once protein ia accounted for, it doesnt make much of a difference where the rest of your calories come from; they will have to come from either carbs or fat, and for the most part the proportions dont really matter."

"Because, generally, people who have good body composition are more active , manage their calories to some degree, get adequate protein, EFAs, etc. People with shitty body composition are less active, eat too much, dont get adequate protein, EFAs, etc."

You said the proportions of carbs to fat doesn't matter yet essential fatty acids from fats are now mentioned as an vital source of nutrition to improve body composition. Is 5% of calories from fat good enough to provide those EFAs as it doesn't matter what the ratio of fat to carbohydrate is? Will 5% of calories from fat be OK for a male in his 20s? How will he manufacture ample testosterone without cholesterol from fat?

Quote:
Im not looking for help. Especially not from the shills at tmuscle.
We know you're not looking for help. Your head is glued shut incapable of seeing anything but your own perspective.

Christian Thibaudeau is a shill. Give me a break. You just have a deep rooted feeling that anything of Tnation has no value.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #250
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Translation: I ignored the english language and the definition of 'nutrients' to make my statement sound better to people who dont know any better.
I was making it simple for laypeople to understand the comparison being made. I'd like to get technical but you wouldn't be able to keep up without google and copy and paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Actually I agree with him. There are tons of high-end athletes who do not know what they are doing and would be lost without their strength and conditioning coaches.

I know because one of my coworkers is a Sports Trainer for our professional athletes we have under contract. He was also a sports trainer for a professional sports team in the past. We have a staff of trainers and deal with pros on a daily basis.

And no, we are not a gym.
I'm a former professional football player. To call all of us dumb regarding eating, training, etc is inaccurate. Not everyone in the professional ranks is on top of their game in that respect, but it's usually the younger guys who are not as savvy as the veteran players due to inexperience and the benefits of youth.

If you've noticed, the best players that last in the league are not only talented and prepare hard for the season but they also know the ins and outs of taking care of their body otherwise they simply wouldn't last.

Quote:
So in a few hours competitive athletes go from diet gurus who would laugh at dietary recommendations that werent dogmatic and bro-tastic, to not being smart in the traditional sense, but they know how to train? huh?
Where is that long list of professional players you know so well?

Athletes know what applies to their sport and you better believe that fitness competitors know diet and training. And yes, they will certainly laugh at you.

My diet ideas sure are crazy -- animal foods and plant foods. So crazy and bro-tastic that they sustained humans for millions of years.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #251
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm a former professional football player. To call all of us dumb regarding eating, training, etc is inaccurate. Not everyone in the professional ranks is on top of their game in that respect, but it's usually the younger guys who are not as savvy as the veteran players due to inexperience and the benefits of youth.
What's your name? Where did you play? I did not call you all dumb. I said tons of players. Reread my post.

Quote:
If you've noticed, the best players that last in the league are not only talented and prepare hard for the season but they also know the ins and outs of taking care of their body otherwise they simply wouldn't last.
The best players at the pro level have trainers giving them solid advice.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #252
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:

The best players at the pro level have trainers giving them solid advice.
True that^^^
Some have trainers. I just have my 6'2 250lb friend.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #253
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's your name? Where did you play? I did not call you all dumb. I said tons of players. Reread my post.
I know you didn't call me dumb but blanket statement about pro athletes without knowing pro athletes (e.g. hearing things from a third party) is not credible.

You can figure out my name from my youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FunctionalPS
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #254
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
I know you didn't call me dumb but blanket statement about pro athletes without knowing pro athletes (e.g. hearing things from a third party) is not credible.

You can figure out my name from my youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FunctionalPS
man ur pretty strong, those bars look crucial...im actually training for pro baseball as we speak
      10-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #255
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Uhm, I've heard it from the people who train the players. I'm pretty sure they are credible if that's what they do for a living.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #256
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Americans are obese because they are overconsuming carbohydrates and not matching that consumption with anywhere near the activity needed to use that fuel as energy. That is what I am attempting to point out when I explain that fat produces bile release and carbohydrate produces an insulin response. Alot of people think that fat makes you fat but this is not the case as the culprit is often times overconsumption of carbohydrate particularly the refined grains and sugar that is rampant in our food supply.
once again youre changing your story. i dont have an issue with this. what i had an issue with was your original statement of 'eat carbs = store fat' which made you sound like metabolic advantage nutjob. it seems youre just bad at coherently communicating your thoughts.

Quote:
Looks like yours needs work.

Now I'm quoting you
"In the context of isocaloric diets, the proportions of fat to carbs doesn't matter."

"It all just means that from a body composition standpoint, once protein ia accounted for, it doesnt make much of a difference where the rest of your calories come from; they will have to come from either carbs or fat, and for the most part the proportions dont really matter."

"Because, generally, people who have good body composition are more active , manage their calories to some degree, get adequate protein, EFAs, etc. People with shitty body composition are less active, eat too much, dont get adequate protein, EFAs, etc."

You said the proportions of carbs to fat doesn't matter yet essential fatty acids from fats are now mentioned as an vital source of nutrition to improve body composition. Is 5% of calories from fat good enough to provide those EFAs as it doesn't matter what the ratio of fat to carbohydrate is? Will 5% of calories from fat be OK for a male in his 20s? How will he manufacture ample testosterone without cholesterol from fat?
Retard, learning how to read would help tremendously. This will be the third time I have posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay
Assuming you're not doing anything specialized, like a PSMF or something, you generally want at least 20-30% of your calories to come from fat.
20-30% > 5%. Looks like your math sucks, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #257
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Athletes know what applies to their sport and you better believe that fitness competitors know diet and training. And yes, they will certainly laugh at you.
Yes, because we all know how necessary it is to eat 6x per day to stoke the metabolic fire, not eat carbs and fats together, not eat carbs after 6:14pm EST, gulp down a hydrolyzed whey peptides + waxy maize shake within .017seconds of your last working set, etc a la fitness competitors/BBers.

So yes, I imagine most of these retards would laugh at fact-based information when the above nonsense is regarded as truth by fitness competitors. This doesnt make the information I follow any less factual.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #258
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, because we all know how necessary it is to eat 6x per day to stoke the metabolic fire, not eat carbs and fats together, not eat carbs after 6:14pm EST, gulp down a hydrolyzed whey peptides + waxy maize shake within .017seconds of your last working set, etc a la fitness competitors/BBers.

So yes, I imagine most of these retards would laugh at fact-based information when the above nonsense is regarded as truth by fitness competitors. This doesnt make the information I follow any less factual.
You must not know any fitness competitors.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #259
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
once again youre changing your story. i dont have an issue with this. what i had an issue with was your original statement of 'eat carbs = store fat' which made you sound like metabolic advantage nutjob. it seems youre just bad at coherently communicating your thoughts.
You're just misconstruing what I wrote. My story has always been the same. Carbohydrate intake particularly of starches, sugars, and refined carbohydrate, which are crazy plentiful in the Standard American Diet (SAD), can lead to fat storage if not regulated closely. That was the point of my original statement regarding carbohydrate intake and fat storage -- we are commonly eating foods that make us fat/sick and it shows.

Got it?

Quote:
In the context of isocaloric diets, the proportions of fat to carbs doesn't matter.
Quote:
It all just means that from a body composition standpoint, once protein ia accounted for,it doesnt make much of a difference where the rest of your calories come from
Quote:
Man, I must really be a retard considering that the above is blatantly contradictory. Which is it 20 to 30% or more calories from fat or it doesn't matter? Please verify so I can change up my diet.

Quote:
it seems youre just bad at coherently communicating your thoughts.
This statement seems ironic now.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #260
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You must not know any fitness competitors.
I know a few IRL, and they all spout off the same brotarded nonsense. This can be seen by the countless blogs/logs/postings on any site/forum. You cant even try to dispute this.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #261
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're just misconstruing what I wrote. My story has always been the same. Carbohydrate intake particularly of starches, sugars, and refined carbohydrate, which are crazy plentiful in the Standard American Diet (SAD), can lead to fat storage if not regulated closely. That was the point of my original statement regarding carbohydrate intake and fat storage -- we are commonly eating foods that make us fat/sick and it shows.

Got it?
I didnt misconstrue anything. I could dissect your original post to show how utterly retarded it sounded, but I cant be bothered. But Im glad you were finally able to put into words what it was you originally had in your head, even if your original post didnt even come close to resembling this.

Quote:
Man, I must really be a retard considering that the above is blatantly contradictory. Which is it 20 to 30% or more calories from fat or it doesn't matter? Please verify so I can change up my diet.
Nice try at taking one sentence out of context. First I established fat recommendations, then mention protein requirements, then make the point of fat/carb proportions not making a difference (once the previous conditions are met). I forgot there were simple people reading this thread that wouldnt be able to remember all the necessary conditions (all 2 of them) if they werent mentioned in each and every sentence. I guess thats my bad. Ill remember to spell it out from now on. Ill use small words, too.

Quote:
This statement seems ironic now.
only to you.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #262
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But Im glad you were finally able to put into words what it was you originally had in your head, even if your original post didnt even come close to resembling this.
only to you.

Quote:
Ill remember to spell it out from now on. Ill use small words, too.
Please do spell it out for all so that we can not clearly show how contradictory your statements have been.

Quote:
(once the previous conditions are met).
Nice addition.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #263
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Nobody is arguing with you about that.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #264
hayjoelb
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Got it?
1 gram of carbs is 4 calories...period. It doesn't matter if it's from a potatoes, honey, white bread, wheat bread, etc. You don't have to worry about insulin spikes unless if you're diabetic. People gain 'fat' because they're not aware of the caloric value of the foods they're eating and simply consume more than they're bodies are able to burn.

However, I will say it's far easier to eat 'more' calories in pure sugar than it is veggies mmm krispy kreme
Appreciate 0