BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Muscle Builders: Question?

09-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #111
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaE92 View Post
I've done my time playing football, and I'm still at 6'0" 211 lbs, w/11% BF

50% Protein, 30% Carbs, 20% Fats (Mono & Poly unsaturated)
It's that simple
It may be that simple for you and your body. You may have indeed found the ratio that works for you. However, it does not mean that you have cracked the code for macronutrients (protein, fat, carbohydrates) for every person. People need to eat in accordance with what his/her body needs.

The one size fits all diet DOES NOT WORK for everyone. Each person is different metabolically. Dietary solutions should be tailored to the individual. What works for one person may have no effect on another person, and may even make another person worse. Research metabolic typing or read the following book to find out what type you are - Protein Type, Carbo Type, or Mixed type.

http://www.amazon.com/Metabolic-Typi...0314123&sr=8-1

The diet mentioned by BayAreaE92 nearly matches that for a Protein Type. His success does not guarantee you will also have success. If you happen to be a protein type as well, you're in luck; this ideology would work. If you are a mixed type or carbo type, you will likely not have results with this diet as the ratios of macronutrients would not be conducive to your metabolism.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #112
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaE92 View Post
I've done my time playing football, and I'm still at 6'0" 211 lbs, w/11% BF

50% Protein, 30% Carbs, 20% Fats (Mono & Poly unsaturated)
It's that simple
When I first started paying attention to what I actually ate I went with a 50/30/20 split for around a month, but if you need to take in a decent # of cals on a daily basis its just way too much protein. Its good for a cut though.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #113
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Gotta get back on track this week. Cheated way too much last week, especially over the weekend. And only went to the gym last Thurs and Friday.

I did manage to get up and go yesterday. Gave my shoulders and chest a beating.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #114
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

What do you guys think about those supplements that claim to increase your height? Has anyone ever tried them and seen results? I hate being my current height and HGH injection is not really an option...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #115
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
What do you guys think about those supplements that claim to increase your height? Has anyone ever tried them and seen results? I hate being my current height and HGH injection is not really an option...
They're the same thing as all the other bogus supps like loose weight fast, and get a bigger penis, etc. It's all crap.

Gotta play the cards you were dealt.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #116
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

well after u workout you want to eat pasta and protein so before wo and before bed and when you wake up
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #117
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Is it true having any kind of protein after 6pm is bad? Like I heard your body doesnt digest? Myth?

Btw, for those who like protein poweder, I got a new one. Its called "Syntha 6," and it taste soooo goood. it has a lot of nutiruents etc...

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #118
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
Is it true having any kind of protein after 6pm is bad? Like I heard your body doesnt digest? Myth?
dont you mean carbs after 6?

either way, yes, its a bro-science myth. and utterly retarded.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #119
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:

Btw, for those who like protein poweder, I got a new one. Its called "Syntha 6," and it taste soooo goood. it has a lot of nutiruents etc...
protein before bed is a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #120
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Before: 5 8" 245 lbs

Now: 5 9" 180 lbs

My Ups - Look slimmer, more girls talk to me, bigger biceps, Average overall body but no Brad Pitt.

My Downs - No Abs, Still have my love handles, small belly.
Brad Pitt is an ectomorph. He's naturally scrawny, and probably eats and lifts to maintain the muscle he does have. From the description you give, you sound like an endomesomorph.. I don't know if you really want to try to achieve Brad Pitt's physique. For someone who's not naturally skinny, it'd be pretty tough to maintain.

That doesn't mean you can't still look good/lean/shredded, of course..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #121
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Big myth. It is suggested that you should eat a snack 1 hour before you go to bed so your stomach has something to work on while you're sleeping.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #122
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Huge myth. Casein protein is recommended before bed as it's a slow digesting protein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
dont you mean carbs after 6?

either way, yes, its a bro-science myth. and utterly retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #123
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Brad Pitt is an ectomorph. He's naturally scrawny, and probably eats and lifts to maintain the muscle he does have. From the description you give, you sound like an endomesomorph.. I don't know if you really want to try to achieve Brad Pitt's physique. For someone who's not naturally skinny, it'd be pretty tough to maintain.

That doesn't mean you can't still look good/lean/shredded, of course..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Big myth. It is suggested that you should eat a snack 1 hour before you go to bed so your stomach has something to work on while you're sleeping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Huge myth. Casein protein is recommended before bed as it's a slow digesting protein.

+1

Thanx guys, I cant wait to post up pics of before and after. My body has really changed. I'll also show my new workout plan + my new diet, it really works!

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #124
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Hey guys its been a while.
I started a new workout routine and im gaining mass.

So I need a new diet. Since im gaining mass, I need 3000 calories? And a lot of protein right?

But what kind of diet can I have where the meals I eat have less fat with a lot of protein? I mean I cant have chicken and steak everyday?

Can some make a good diet for me for gaining mass with high protein

I dont like fish and nuts

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #125
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Hey guys its been a while.
I started a new workout routine and im gaining mass.

So I need a new diet. Since im gaining mass, I need 3000 calories? And a lot of protein right?

But what kind of diet can I have where the meals I eat have less fat with a lot of protein? I mean I cant have chicken and steak everyday?

Can some make a good diet for me for gaining mass with high protein

I dont like fish and nuts
depends how much you weigh....im also trying to gain mass. Currently 6'1 187lbs reaching for 200...

So far for me, ive been eating close to 4k calories a day. I have been avoiding junk food and fast food.

With alot research and advice from personal trainers and friends who are really built you need to:

-Eat every 2hours. Some things you can add is alot of Egg whites. Generally for one of my many meals, I eat 6 eggs (1 egg with the yolk) and oatmeal (not the instant kind either)

-Eating every 2 hours is hard. Get supplements such as protein to substitute here and there. Theres different types of protein.

-Get Protein bars.

-Red Meat

-Eat before you sleep.

Right now for me, im taking cytrogainer to help with calories. 506 calories per shake and it has creatine and L-gluthime inside. Been on it for two weeks and gained about 3-4 pounds. Aim 1g of protein per pound.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #126
Stelyos
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92; X6 E71

i dont mean to disrespect anyone here but if you're looking for nutritional info and work out routines you should really see a professional, even if some of you are nutritionists the info given is not enough to provide or receive a proper plan. there's no one size fits all plan or magic protein shake that will make you look like brad pitt. some guys might be genetically gifted were they can simply pick up weights and get into shape no matter what they eat and others might see little improvement over years. one of my friend runs evreyday and still has a belly, another one eats like an animal and has a six pack and all. you can find basic info in books but to achieve a goal you should see a pro.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #127
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
well after u workout you want to eat pasta and protein so before wo and before bed and when you wake up
Why are you taking in carbs before bed :S that will just turn into fat, thats short term energy, something you eat before you start your work out...

Take the protein after you work out, before make sure you have water in your system. Before you go to bed, drink water and have a healthy snack. Thats what i do, you cannot go wrong with water, plus it keeps your system clean, so now there is nothing but fresh goodness running threw your system
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #128
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift90 View Post
Why are you taking in carbs before bed :S that will just turn into fat, thats short term energy, something you eat before you start your work out...

Take the protein after you work out, before make sure you have water in your system. Before you go to bed, drink water and have a healthy snack. Thats what i do, you cannot go wrong with water, plus it keeps your system clean, so now there is nothing but fresh goodness running threw your system
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #129
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

You guys think I am underweight?

5'9, 138 lbs. 21yrs old.

I look built for my size though, not malnourished or overly skinny.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #130
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift90 View Post

So, what if my metabolic rate dictates that I need 2500 cals to maintain my weight, and I only eat 500 cals throughout the day, and have a prebed meal of 1500 cals, of which, 1,000 cals are carbs... do those all magically turn into fat even though I'm eating in a caloric deficit? Yeah, you see how carbs before bed leading to fat gain doesn't make any sense?

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #131
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
depends how much you weigh....im also trying to gain mass. Currently 6'1 187lbs reaching for 200...

So far for me, ive been eating close to 4k calories a day. I have been avoiding junk food and fast food.

With alot research and advice from personal trainers and friends who are really built you need to:

-Eat every 2hours. Some things you can add is alot of Egg whites. Generally for one of my many meals, I eat 6 eggs (1 egg with the yolk) and oatmeal (not the instant kind either)

-Eating every 2 hours is hard. Get supplements such as protein to substitute here and there. Theres different types of protein.

-Get Protein bars.

-Red Meat

-Eat before you sleep.

Right now for me, im taking cytrogainer to help with calories. 506 calories per shake and it has creatine and L-gluthime inside. Been on it for two weeks and gained about 3-4 pounds. Aim 1g of protein per pound.

I weight life every other day

I am 5 9'' 180 lbs.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #132
M6ZeusGod
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Go to AnabolicMinds.com/forum. There is a ton of information on supplements, training guides, nutrition, and anything else related to fitness. Use the search feature and do your due diligence. Whatever your goal is, you can find the info there.
Appreciate 0