BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 Owners who have come from flagship sedans (S Class, 7 Series, Lexus LS, etc)

08-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #23
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Currently have a 2017 Lexus LS460L and considering an S560, 750 or an X7 50i, will look at a Range Rover too but the X7 is more modern and has the third row.
If your wife is getting a minivan (good choice as they are amazingly practical even if they have a bad image/stigma) do you really need an SUV for yourself? I would personally go W222 S-Class as its the best of the large luxury sedans, feels incredibly special and opulent inside, despite being the oldest of its class, and it rides incredibly soft. If you go the BMW route go X7 over 7-series. The current 7er is pretty lackluster and doesn't have any of the sport of the old ones or the luxury of the S-Class and has become pretty ugly, so honestly the X7 is probably a better choice with a more modern interior design and overall cohesive design where the big grills actually work well while still getting a nice large luxury vehicle.
don't forget the new audi a8/s8... that is also a special car unless you need the drivers assist stuff then stay away from audi... but other than the drivers assist the a8/s8 is probably the best large sedan imo
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      08-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #24
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Currently have a 2017 Lexus LS460L and considering an S560, 750 or an X7 50i, will look at a Range Rover too but the X7 is more modern and has the third row.
If your wife is getting a minivan (good choice as they are amazingly practical even if they have a bad image/stigma) do you really need an SUV for yourself? I would personally go W222 S-Class as its the best of the large luxury sedans, feels incredibly special and opulent inside, despite being the oldest of its class, and it rides incredibly soft. If you go the BMW route go X7 over 7-series. The current 7er is pretty lackluster and doesn't have any of the sport of the old ones or the luxury of the S-Class and has become pretty ugly, so honestly the X7 is probably a better choice with a more modern interior design and overall cohesive design where the big grills actually work well while still getting a nice large luxury vehicle.
don't forget the new audi a8/s8... that is also a special car unless you need the drivers assist stuff then stay away from audi... but other than the drivers assist the a8/s8 is probably the best large sedan imo
I can't do all the touch screens and the gloss black panels, drives my OCD crazy, they scratch so easily. If you are a techie though, I'm sure its a nice interior, I just prefer knobs and buttons. Also never liked the exterior. The S8 looks good because of the short wheel base but the long wheel base models look very awkward, the S-Class is long, but they hide it into the design nicely, everything just flows, the rear doors don't look as obvious in their extension as the 7er or A8 if you know what I'm talking about, just looks less stretched.

G90 is also a great car for value a good replacement for Lexus buyers who aren't into the new V6 and design but still want Asian quality/reliability, if only they would improve the dealership experience though.