THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning MPE with VRSF DP (VIDS)

12-09-2016, 12:53 AM   #1
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Wink MPE with VRSF DP (VIDS)

Ok, so I took advantage of the awesome black Friday sale to order FBO's from Mike @XPH! He was super helpful with answering all my questions. He honored their $25 credit if I found lower prices. The credit comes in the form of points which you also get for every dollar you spend as well! The website is professional, informative with each part and easy to navigate! Will continue to shop with them for that next upgrade

I ordered JB4, VRSF Catless DP, ER CP/IC-CP, Wagner EVO2 Performance FMIC.
Still havnt installed the FMIC and Piping yet, one thing at a time.
So, I grabbed a couple bmw friends and we went to the local shop to do the install of the DP. I used this guide for the install http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=970868 ..
The fitment of the DP was perfect. I have the Xdrive and it really didnt make it it any harder changing the DP because you can still reach around to release the turbo clamp witch came off easily. Letting the DP and the I think engine mount, cool down was most difficult cause wellll we wanted to get right to work! I actually used the air compressor to blast air at it trying to speed up the cooldown . Like mentioned by many the C-Clamp is extremely tight and I had to use a metal bar that had a flat head on the end and wedge it between the gap then hammer it causing it to push apart the 2 sides. Got lucky finding that tool in the shop so you might need to get creative. I did use the original gasket but I will probably order a new one and replace it when I do my FMIC just to be safe. The C-clamp is great and should not need replacing in my opinion.

With the JB4 and VRSF DP! Car feels completely different! The 2 major things beside the exhaust sound is, the throttle response is much better and the turbo spool is 10x louder! I have never seen a CEL, and Im assuming my JB4 suppress it but even if I search for codes on JB4 it dosnt detect any. Super pleased!

Well guys here are the before and after videos

Appreciate 1
      12-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Love the sound. Sounds more like a proper sports car. Makes me wanna get one
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
Love the sound. Sounds more like a proper sports car. Makes me wanna get one
Yes its more aggressive but not when you dont want it to be. Sounds quite with normal driving but punch it and it sounds like it should.

Do you plan on installing your new FMIC yourself?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Do you notice any smells in the cabin after the install?

I gonna try and go for it and install it myself. Zippreak just posted a few pointers on install in the other thread. Its the holidays and i gotta save a few pennies for christmas shopping after all
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
Do you notice any smells in the cabin after the install?

I gonna try and go for it and install it myself. Zippreak just posted a few pointers on install in the other thread. Its the holidays and i gotta save a few pennies for christmas shopping after all
Read Zippreak write up and will certainly use it to help with my DIY! Yea its just so nice to save the extra money if you can do it yourself witht he proper research and guides.

So, I will say the exhaust is very noticeable with no cats which is to be expected. If windows down I can smell it when sitting at a light or drive through. But, there is Zero smell in the cabin with the doors closed and windows up.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review OP!

Glad you like your new mods, let us know when you install the intercooler

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
zipphreak
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m235xi

You'll only really notice the smell on startup around the car... When you are driving you don't notice it. The xDrive install is much harder to do because of the mount in the way of that upper clamp. After a few installs, i found the best way is through the front/right wheel well with the proper flexible extension.

If you are in an emissions state, remember once a year to remove the DP back to OEM, disable JB4 (unplug OBDII connector), drive for 50+ miles, and then get your sticker.. That's why i went back to a 200cpi catted pipe.
Appreciate 0