E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > no comfort access for september??

07-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
allxmyxlovin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 Acura 3.2 TL

no comfort access for september??

Hey everyone, I just found this site. I'm in the Toronto area and i just visited my dealer today. I am going to order a 330xi which is part of september production i believe. My salesman keeps telling me that comfort access won't be available for my car when i order it. He went as far to say that it may take 2 years. I told him that the U.S. brochure says it will be available for september production but he said it's not true. Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Has anyone been told that it will be available for sure for september production? I wonder if it is just canada that is not getting it...however that wouldn't make any sense. . I also heard today that wood trim will not be available. I wanted the beige interior, but with wood, not titanium. Any help would be appreciated. BTW this is a great forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by allxmyxlovin
Hey everyone, I just found this site. I'm in the Toronto area and i just visited my dealer today. I am going to order a 330xi which is part of september production i believe. My salesman keeps telling me that comfort access won't be available for my car when i order it. He went as far to say that it may take 2 years. I told him that the U.S. brochure says it will be available for september production but he said it's not true. Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Has anyone been told that it will be available for sure for september production? I wonder if it is just canada that is not getting it...however that wouldn't make any sense. . I also heard today that wood trim will not be available. I wanted the beige interior, but with wood, not titanium. Any help would be appreciated. BTW this is a great forum.
There have been shortages of burl walnut trim, but I thought this was getting under control. The shortage was delaying production by 6 weeks or so.

As far as Comfort Access not being available in September, your dealer may know more than me, but it sounds to me if he is saying not for 2 years, he just wants you to buy a car now and not wait until September.

If you don't really care about C.A., buy now. If you must have it, wait until September, and if it still isn't available, reassess how important it is to you then.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by allxmyxlovin
Comfort access was never available for the Canadian market unlike the US cars. But the 2 years thing is a bull, he probably just wants you to buy it now (get your business now instead of later). As far as wood trim, there was a shortage in Europe but didn't affect any US spec cars. I am not sure about Canadian spec. See what others say first. If I were you, I'd just order the car now with all the options you want (e.g. Comfort Access) and simply deny any cars for delivery without it from the dealership.
      07-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
TwinPowerF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

no comfort access for canada???
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
Aabid
330i Jet Black/Beige Interior with Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Steptronics, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access
Rep
Drives: 330i & X3

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I am doing ED in October 2005 and my car has CA though I am in the US.
Appreciate 0