BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2021 X7 Customer Courtesy for sale - Should I consider or walk?

05-25-2021, 10:43 PM   #23
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
My car had 3 miles and was never possibly beaten on by countless folks who could care less about the car more then trying not to physically damage it. If you don’t think people will beat on an X7 or any high end vehicle you’re most definitely mistaken. So no the risk is absolutely not the same. Personally I don’t care what warranty they’ll add to the purchase. Im not about to spend time taking it to the dealer or service or fighting them to take back their used car because I no longer have lemon law rights on a used car that was used as a fleet vehicle. To me a few thousand is nothing in comparison to countless possible issues that could arise from unknown damages. I’m not a gambling guy. If you see it differently then good luck.
Yup, my car had 3 miles on it too. I've also purchased countless other used cars. It's not gambling, it's a calculated decision. You don't give up lemon law on a loaner purchase. It's still considered a new car sale. I don't know about you, but I drive my cars hard and maintain them well. 5k miles is barely broken in...I buy these cars to drive them, not keep them for the next person.

Last edited by dmanb2b; 05-26-2021 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 2
jmciver1837.00
djbonsu113.00
      05-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #24
davids2954
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7

My dealer always gives the same loaner that you drive, so if you have an X7, you get an X7 loaner. Have and X3, get X3 loaner and so on. I would hope that anyone who owns an X7 would treat the loaner with respect but I have sadly been proven wrong before. I have purchased one loaner, it was a 2005 Toyota Sequoia (my one foray away from BMW) and had zero problems with the vehicle but I might have just been lucky
2021 X7
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      05-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #25
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2954 View Post
My dealer always gives the same loaner that you drive, so if you have an X7, you get an X7 loaner. Have and X3, get X3 loaner and so on. I would hope that anyone who owns an X7 would treat the loaner with respect but I have sadly been proven wrong before. I have purchased one loaner, it was a 2005 Toyota Sequoia (my one foray away from BMW) and had zero problems with the vehicle but I might have just been lucky
Not to get to off-topic. but do you still have that e30? I miss my 318is every day.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #26
mrsarcazim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 40i and 2016 528

After reading here I decided to pass on the deal. They did get down to 13.5% before incentives and If the dealer was closer to me I most likely would have bit on the price. My wife was against the Black rims, so that also helped. I think I will just keep my eyes out for what is to come. Thanks all for your feedback!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #27
davids2954
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Not to get to off-topic. but do you still have that e30? I miss my 318is every day.
No, its sadly long gone...it was a fantastic car. I lived in New Orleans at the time I had it and one day, we had one of those pop up storms that causes New Orleans to go completely underwater. I was driving and the car in front of me stopped in the flood (never stop, just keep driving if you are already in it) and the car filled up with about 5 inches of water. That BMW kept on going - got me out of the flood and back home. Took forever to dry it out but it never gave me one minute of trouble even after going for a swim.
2021 X7
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      05-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #28
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsarcazim View Post
Original MSRP was 82,945 so a little over 9% taken off. Good point on people running them hard. I wonder If I am just better off looking for the same features as the pricing is not much different on a new model after the deal is done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsarcazim View Post
After reading here I decided to pass on the deal. They did get down to 13.5% before incentives and If the dealer was closer to me I most likely would have bit on the price. My wife was against the Black rims, so that also helped. I think I will just keep my eyes out for what is to come. Thanks all for your feedback!
FWIW, I have leased 2 executive demos, different times being pre-covid supply, but the first one I got for 18% off (leftover X5 35d with 3rd row) and second for 14% off (M3) prior to any incentives. These weren't loaners either and were simply traditional old school demos used by office execs at a larger dealers. If they were loaners, I would have passed or demanded a higher discount.

As for owning these cars, they were two total different experiences. I found out after the fact there was some undisclosed damage to the X5 that was under the amount that needed to be reported. Note a huge deal since it was a lease, just some crappy work on the respray they eventually took care of, and these things could happen with new cars too, just less likely since they're not out and about.. as much. The M3 was a much more pleasant experience, the car was driven by the president of the dealership, he only drove the car for 1500 miles at the beginning of the winter before the snow started to fall, and he had pictures that felt like they documented each mile.

For others that are stumbling across this thread, one thing to keep in mind that I found after the fact is that the maintenance starts at the "In Service" date, not the date of sale. So while I thought I had an extra 2500 miles to tack on the ODO with the X5, I was mistaken and went over both in mileage and well over on time for my last service. My servicing dealer was nice enough to push that service through on good will, though, even including brakes at 38,000 miles since I had the Care+ package.
      05-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #29
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7/‘21 45e/‘23 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
It's really not that big of a deal. Car was never titled and comes with a new car warranty. Car is used the minute you drive it off the lot and has the same risk.
My car had 3 miles and was never possibly beaten on by countless folks who could care less about the car more then trying not to physically damage it. If you don’t think people will beat on an X7 or any high end vehicle you’re most definitely mistaken. So no the risk is absolutely not the same. Personally I don’t care what warranty they’ll add to the purchase. Im not about to spend time taking it to the dealer or service or fighting them to take back their used car because I no longer have lemon law rights on a used car that was used as a fleet vehicle. To me a few thousand is nothing in comparison to countless possible issues that could arise from unknown damages. I’m not a gambling guy. If you see it differently then good luck.
Agreed. People on this forum seem to take the break in period of the engines of the vehicles seriously. I doubt anyone cares about such things on a loaner with 5 miles on it. With current prices on builds I would go new. I got our X7 build for 10% off before rebates. Maybe that number has gone down a bit but worth a little extra IMO it to pick your options.
Appreciate 0