BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2017: Azerbaijan GP - Baku (June 25)

06-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #67
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Attached Images

06-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #68
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #69
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
The only thing missing from today's race was Maldonado.
Crashtor is out for good
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 12:41 AM   #70
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
Unashamed RB fan here so have to say I felt for VER. But have to say I was all smiles at how the cards fell into place for fellow Aussie RIC - he did work to be in the right there to capitalise on the situation though!
Honey badger will take everything , way to go Ric
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 12:11 PM   #71
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Seems like other ppl see it like I do.
With JV & Bernie in your corner I say bet the farm man!

Go all in!
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 1
sirdaft12193.50
      06-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #72
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I'm in tears laughing at Kimi screaming for his steering wheel. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #73
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
FIA ‘thinking’ of citing Vettel over Baku contact

http://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-thi...aku-contact-2/

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Todt is “thinking about citing Vettel before the court” and will make a decision later this week.

FIA to 'further examine' Vettel/Hamilton clash

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...amilton-clash/

"A statement regarding the outcome will be made available before the Austrian Grand Prix."
Appreciate 1
cngo56.00
      06-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #74
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Despite what Villeneuve and good old Bernie said, the Stewards, FIA thinks differently.
They'd also consider that F1 is a sport that every young race drivers is looking at, and the new FOM trying to make it a family sport. I don't think they want to make an impression that the governing body allow drivers to take matters in their own hands.

FIA and Jean Todt wants to talk to Vettel, and give him the final warning of his temperament. One more of these retaliation act, he will be banned for the season.
Don't forget last year in Mexico, his cursing directing about Charlie Whiting openly in radio transmission. That's not the example FIA/F1/FOM wants to set for younger drivers in other categories and family viewing the sport.

Although I must say its colorful and exciting.
      06-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #75
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral
Quote:
FIA ‘thinking’ of citing Vettel over Baku contact

http://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-thi...aku-contact-2/

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Todt is “thinking about citing Vettel before the court” and will make a decision later this week.

FIA to 'further examine' Vettel/Hamilton clash

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...amilton-clash/

"A statement regarding the outcome will be made available before the Austrian Grand Prix."
Its all just politics now. The 10 second stop go is what the FIA felt was fair.. they are basically forced to do all this extra shit bcuz of all the backlash. Im sure they didnt expect everyone to make such a big deal about it and now they have to do all this extra nonsense to keep the cry babies happy.. not surprised at all, since thats the world we live in. God forbid if anyone feels offended by anything ever.

Technically, all of you should absolutely hate Aryton Senna, since his little clash with Prost during the last race which resulted in him winning the season was a thousand times worse... and if you dont, you're a hypocrite.
      06-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #76
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack
Quote:
Seems like other ppl see it like I do.
With JV & Bernie in your corner I say bet the farm man!

Go all in!
ahh.. a Bernie hater I see. Explains a lot.
      06-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #77
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

No one's talking about the fact that Vettel threw-away a race win because of this outburst. He's supposed to be a level-headed German; all of these top drivers are quick to lose their cool, but someone of his caliber should never jeopardize a race to express anger.
Appreciate 1
SonnyJack323.00
      06-28-2017, 10:14 PM   #78
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
No one's talking about the fact that Vettel threw-away a race win because of this outburst. He's supposed to be a level-headed German; all of these top drivers are quick to lose their cool, but someone of his caliber should never jeopardize a race to express anger.
imagine how difficult it is to be "level-headed" regularly piloting these cars like madmen for a couple hundred miles consecutively, though. These guys are adrenaline junkies to the highest degree! This isn't exactly a quiet game of chess, so I expect and welcome some emotional instability.
      06-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #79
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
ahh.. a Bernie hater I see. Explains a lot.
I can't resist.

Please do explain.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #80
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Its all just politics now. The 10 second stop go is what the FIA felt was fair.. they are basically forced to do all this extra shit bcuz of all the backlash. Im sure they didnt expect everyone to make such a big deal about it and now they have to do all this extra nonsense to keep the cry babies happy.. not surprised at all, since thats the world we live in. God forbid if anyone feels offended by anything ever.

Technically, all of you should absolutely hate Aryton Senna, since his little clash with Prost during the last race which resulted in him winning the season was a thousand times worse... and if you dont, you're a hypocrite.
It's the Stewards at the course that assess the penalty in real time at the moment of the infraction. Something serious like SV's outburst is also open for the FIA to inflict further penalty(s) if they feel so inclined.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #81
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

I hope the FIA doesn't take away Vettel's points like they did Schumacher ... that would make this season rather boring at the top.

Funny that both Vettel and Schumacher were driving for Ferrari when they purposefully hit another car.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 01:44 PM   #82
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman
Quote:

It's the Stewards at the course that assess the penalty in real time at the moment of the infraction. Something serious like SV's outburst is also open for the FIA to inflict further penalty(s) if they feel so inclined.

Bish
The stewards are FIA officals..
      06-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #83
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52UNED View Post
I hope the FIA doesn't take away Vettel's points like they did Schumacher ... that would make this season rather boring at the top.

Funny that both Vettel and Schumacher were driving for Ferrari when they purposefully hit another car.
I doubt they'll do that, but if they do, I think at max it would be for just that race. Schumacher was stripped of points for the entire season, right?

If stripped of points for just the race, the championship lead gap would just switch from Vet to Ham. Not the biggest undue influence on the championship battle.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #84
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yes ... Schumacher was stripped of his season's points. That's what I was referring about, although I doubt they'll go that far ... but its really gotten the F1 community talking.

There's a lot of racing going forth, so stripping Vettel's points so far will take him out of the run for another championship, that's about it. Ferrari will still get theirs and as far as F1 goes ... that's the most important thing.

Personally, I believe Vettel should get a huge grid spot penalty for the next race OR even 2 ... something along with 100 grid spots for each race, darn well insuring he's last on the grid.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #85
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
I doubt they'll do that, but if they do, I think at max it would be for just that race. Schumacher was stripped of points for the entire season, right?

If stripped of points for just the race, the championship lead gap would just switch from Vet to Ham. Not the biggest undue influence on the championship battle.
Yes ... Schumacher was stripped of his season's points. That's what I was referring about, although I doubt they'll go that far ... but its really gotten the F1 community talking. Its a new regime, who knows how heavy handed they'll be. I'm sure no matter what they do, they'll be accused to going to light on Vettel.

There's a lot of racing going forth, so stripping Vettel's points so far will take him out of the run for another championship, that's about it. Ferrari will still get theirs and as far as F1 goes ... that's the most important thing.

Personally, I believe Vettel should get a huge grid spot penalty for the next race OR even 2 ... something along the lines of 100 grid spots for each race, darn well insuring he's last on the grid.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #86
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Vettel is hotheaded, foolish and reckless. Fast too, which is why he's tolerated.

He is tied with Daniil Kvyat as the only drivers ever to accrue 12 points on their FIA license, although not within a 12-month period. After Baku Seb's total is 9; he has to make it past the British GP for points to start being removed.

Sebastian Vettel 9 active points
2016 British GP 10 Jul 2016 2 Forcing a driver off track
2016 Malaysian GP 02 Oct 2016 2 Causing a collision
2016 Mexican GP 30 Oct 2016 2 Driving dangerously
2017 Azerbaijan GP 26 Jun 2017 3 Driving dangerously

Expired points
2015 Canadian GP 06 Jun 2015 3 Overtaking under red flags
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #87
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep

It's B.S. that no further action was taken against Seb.

Regardless of it being Seb and Ferrari ... his actions do deserve a bit more than FIA community service for the next 12 months (having to devote some of his personal time to educational activities at events for - F2, F3, F4), and no road safety activities.

Heck, if a driver can hit another car during a race, regardless of the amount of damage, and get grid spot penalties for the next race ... so should Seb.

It just goes to show that the FIA isn't any better than the NCAA for it cockamamie rulings. Their rulings are a joke that fly in the face of common sense. What a sad bunch of wealthy, connected, no-it-alls; without a dangling ball between them. To make matters worse, they set a precedence that drivers can purposefully make contact with other cars.

I'm looking forward to the day that Max bumps Seb ... which should be anytime now.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 03:24 AM   #88
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

It sets a nasty precedent indeed. It seems like a financial decision though.

Having Merc win every year can't be good for business. Penalizing Ferrari and giving HAM the lead means the same old boring Merc win again. I expected the FIA to wuss out and hit Vettel with a financial penalty. I was suprised they did nothing at all.
Appreciate 0