10-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I'm sure the ZCP feels better. I had a 2008 and purchased it when they were first released in the US. I did end up getting the full exhaust setup mentioned above along with suspension, BBS rims, CF bits, etc. The car was an absolute joy to drive and I had it for almost three years. This speaks volumes as I am lucky to keep a car for a year or two at best. But if someone were to ask me, "hey, having owned an e92 M3, 997 turbo, and 1M, which order would you rate them from favorite on down" I would say 1M, 997 turbo, and e92 M3. And if I subjectively had to score a number from 1-10 for each the difference would be minimal between the three. All great machines no doubt!
Each to their own - that's the beauty of having various ownership options.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

No word yet from the O.P. I hope he didn't turn the traction control off and is upside down in a ditch somewhere? : /. Gulp!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
OP ... Go to my link below the signature picture then go to post no. 55 ... Read the write up on the 2 day performance school ... The fellow loved the 1M

I think the 1M is closer in size to the e46 and I think that may be while many switched to the 1M ... And/or got into one rather then the M3

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

M3 w/ DCT + EDC = Comfortable daily, and stiff ride at the push of a button. DCT is amazing, even though I still prefer manual. Too expensive to make faster.

1M w/ stage2 Cobb flash: Faster. Explosive power and great handling (Same if not better handling then the M3.). Cheap to make faster and faster.

I like the M3 It feels more grown up. I like the fact it has two sides to it. It looks like sex. Gas bill sucks... I love to tinker with my cars... Which is why I need / want a turbocharged car... That's why the 1M is the car for me. To me it's a lighter M3 with all the parts that make the M3 special (Except the S65.. but the S65 is also what makes the M3 expensive to mod..).

At the end of the day, only your opinion will matter and you'll know which car is right for you. If you routinely carry 4 people in your car and are over 6 feet, you might want to consider the M3..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbreese View Post
Easy. In 2008, I sold my E46 M3 to my dad to buy an E92 M3. Honestly never fell in love with the E92. Read about the 1M and immediately knew this is the car I was looking for. Got on the list and bought it in 11/11 (new). Sold the E92 and bought back the E46. Now I have the 1M and E46. I don't miss the E92 AT ALL! The E92 was a scalpel while the 1M is a sledge hammer. The E92 just wasn't FUN! I now have perfection.

Dan
Went for a drive during lunch today to enjoy the lovely fall weather and look what I found when I got back to my car.

Yes,
Attached Images

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDD View Post
By the time I got up to speed and started to have any real fun in an E92 M3 I had to start to slow down. Car is great but you need to get the revs up and the V8 comes to life. Lack of low end torque is something I did not fully grasp/know I wanted so badly until I took delivery of my car and realized how much fun you can have with a properly set up turbo car.

1M is fun from 0 all the way up. If its any consolation have someone sit in the passenger seat of a 1M and and M3 and see which car excites/scares them more under acceleration
I was just about to respond as I've owned both and saw your post.

You summed it up PERFECTLY. Agree 100%
Appreciate 0