BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 22" V-spoke Cerium wheels issue.....

10-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
Buzz1600
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

22" V-spoke Cerium wheels issue.....

Hello Everyone-

I received our white M50i about a month ago and have just over 1,000 miles (wife's daily vehicle) and noticed a heavy amount of brake dust coming primarily from the front tires. I've had numerous new vehicles over the past 15 years and none of which have produced this much, however this is my first BMW purchase. Is this pretty normal with these so far? If so, at what point can I expect this to subside? ...I would've thought by now that it would have improved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it's getting quite old scrubbing the wheels down a few days a week
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz1600 View Post
Hello Everyone-

I received our white M50i about a month ago and have just over 1,000 miles (wife's daily vehicle) and noticed a heavy amount of brake dust coming primarily from the front tires. I've had numerous new vehicles over the past 15 years and none of which have produced this much, however this is my first BMW purchase. Is this pretty normal with these so far? If so, at what point can I expect this to subside? ...I would've thought by now that it would have improved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it's getting quite old scrubbing the wheels down a few days a week
I noticed that typically with higher performance breaks you see
More dust. There was some article that was saying that with composite breaks you need to be delicate with them in first 1k or first tank of gas as there are some moving parts that need to wear and fit to each other.
Also depends how is she breaking,
I have M50 and have not noticed anything to different then other performance cars I had
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

I’m getting more on my fronts but not abnormally so. Always been the case for me
Appreciate 0