BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Vinegar smell

05-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

Vinegar smell

Strange situation. New x7 50 msport. 2019.
On delivery drive home noticed a strange string vinegar smell. Seemed to b coming from vents. I thinks it related to the AC or something. Have not figured out exactly how to reproduce it i.e. air-conditioning on or off, Autoon or off etc. obviously not adverse to bringing it in to get checked out but for something like this I would prefer to wait given the current situation and I would hate to go there and not tell them how to reproduce it and have them keep it for 2 to 3 days. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley View Post
On delivery drive home noticed a strange string vinegar smell. Seemed to b coming from vents. I thinks it related to the AC or something. Have not figured out exactly how to reproduce it i.e. air-conditioning on or off, Autoon or off etc. obviously not adverse to bringing it in to get checked out but for something like this I would prefer to wait given the current situation and I would hate to go there and not tell them how to reproduce it and have them keep it for 2 to 3 days. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Do you have the ambient air option and if you do it maybe the smell of one of the cartridges ?
      05-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Quote:
Do you have the ambient air option and if you do it maybe the smell of one of the cartridges ?
Quote:
Quote:
No. I don't. I had it I'm my 7s and vinegar is not one of the fragrances!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 12:23 AM   #4
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No. I don't. I had it I'm my 7s and vinegar is not one of the fragrances!
I realise it's not an ambient air fragrance in the same way it's highly unlikely you have vinegar in your AC but thats how you described it ! ..... it was just a suggestion ...... good luck resolving it.