BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum No ConnectedDrive and AppleCar in some countries

11-05-2019, 05:30 AM   #1
mcsa
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d 2020

Garage List
No ConnectedDrive and AppleCar in some countries

I was about to make an order when my dealer casually let me know that BMW ConnectedDrive and thus Apple CarPlay are not supported in my country.

Moreover they cannot add options 6AE and 6AK, so I cannot even buy it, later when it becomes available. Some hardware will be missing

This is such a bummer
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miladc View Post
I was about to make an order when my dealer casually let me know that BMW ConnectedDrive and thus Apple CarPlay are not supported in my country.

Moreover they cannot add options 6AE and 6AK, so I cannot even buy it, later when it becomes available. Some hardware will be missing

This is such a bummer
Which country?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
mcsa
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Quote:

This is such a bummer
Which country?
Bosnia.

Local dealer is now claiming that once Bosnia is included in ConnectedDrive I'll be able to purchase it. But I'm a bit suspicious they are only trying to sell a car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #4
Rublezz
Private First Class
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:

This is such a bummer
Same in Azerbaijan. Dealer told me that they are not expecting CD in 2-3 year.
Appreciate 1
mcsa65.00
      01-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
mcsa
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsa View Post

This is such a bummer
In the end, I ordered the car with 6CP option (Apple CarPlay prep). At least this way, I'll have the necessary hardware 😀
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
mcsa
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

This is such a bummer
In the end, I ordered the car with 6CP option (Apple CarPlay prep). At least this way, I'll have the necessary hardware 😀
I finally got the car and Apple CarPlay works perfectly
Appreciate 0