BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

05-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #617
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
Just called and checked on mine. It has been showing as "Production Begins" since March 18, and the scheduled completion date had been stuck at April 1 since then. The automated system just gave me a completion date of May 19th. Good news I guess that something is moving, but I'm not really banking on having my car soon until I get some more concrete information.
Looks like you and I are in the same boat.
Mine went to production begins on March 19th with estimated completion of April 1st. Then on May 12th it changed to estimated completion of May 22nd. Yesterday it went to estimated completion of May 18th.
Online still shows production begins.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #618
akashmehrotra
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

placed my order Monday

still waiting on any product order # . Dealer says they have slots but I am sure they are backed up on orders
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #619
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekronoschef View Post
My completion date was finally updated today from March 31st to May 18th. Dealer called and said it should be delivered by 5/15.
So is your car being delivered today?

My online status has changed from the 3rd dot to 6th dot (Entering assembly line) today. Genius line still says estimated completion is Monday the 18th.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #620
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
My completion date was finally updated today from March 31st to May 18th. Dealer called and said it should be delivered by 5/15.
So is your car being delivered today?

My online status has changed from the 3rd dot to 6th dot (Entering assembly line) today. Genius line still says estimated completion is Monday the 18th.
Mine has been in Quality Check since Thursday morning. Automated system still says completion date of May 13th. Who knows?!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #621
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Mine has been in Quality Check since Thursday morning. Automated system still says completion date of May 13th. Who knows?!
Mine has been stuck on the 6th dot (Entering Assembly Line) since Thursday the 14th. Estimated completion date was Friday May 22nd, then last week it got updated to May 18th.

As of this morning (May 19th) it's still on 6th dot, and the genius line still says completion on May 18th.

Has your car made any progress?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #622
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Mine has been stuck on the 6th dot (Entering Assembly Line) since Thursday the 14th. Estimated completion date was Friday May 22nd, then last week it got updated to May 18th.

As of this morning (May 19th) it's still on 6th dot, and the genius line still says completion on May 18th.

This morning it was at the 6th dot, by noon it jumped to the 11th dot, Awaiting Carrier Assignment.

So it looks like it's been built, just waiting to get on a train ride to the west coast.
Dealer says likely 3 more weeks before it gets to dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #623
uvasuperman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 (ordered)

First-time post! My new BMW X7 is ordered and on the second dot in the system now. I'm incredibly excited.

The process wasn't without its snags. My local dealer didn't really play ball on the deal I wanted and trade value so I had to pivot to a dealer a couple of hours away, which added some time after I got serious May 1 with the good financing deals available. I got what I wanted with the second dealer but neglected to ask one of the golden questions that I now know from this thread: do you have an allocation available? I reached terms last Thursday then the CA told me Friday that BMW is shutting down all 2020 X7 production because the plant is at low capacity and the 2021s will start up this summer. Over the weekend and yesterday they apparently found an allocation with a build date somehow as I've now got a trackable production number that is supposed to start assembly second week of June.

Fingers crossed all works out and by late June we're enjoying our new X7! White 40i with M sport package, B&W surround sound, and most of the packages...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #624
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvasuperman View Post
First-time post! My new BMW X7 is ordered and on the second dot in the system now. I'm incredibly excited.

The process wasn't without its snags. My local dealer didn't really play ball on the deal I wanted and trade value so I had to pivot to a dealer a couple of hours away, which added some time after I got serious May 1 with the good financing deals available. I got what I wanted with the second dealer but neglected to ask one of the golden questions that I now know from this thread: do you have an allocation available? I reached terms last Thursday then the CA told me Friday that BMW is shutting down all 2020 X7 production because the plant is at low capacity and the 2021s will start up this summer. Over the weekend and yesterday they apparently found an allocation with a build date somehow as I've now got a trackable production number that is supposed to start assembly second week of June.

Fingers crossed all works out and by late June we're enjoying our new X7! White 40i with M sport package, B&W surround sound, and most of the packages...
Congrats! The wait will be worth it. I have been waiting since March 2019 (yes over 1 year) for a replacement vehicle. First MB failed twice, so finally decided to give the business to BMW. Ordered February 23rd 2020, Finally came out of factory today. Dealer says 3 weeks or so before it arrives at my door steps.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #625
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine was assigned a carrier today and will ship tomorrow. Dealer tells me it will be delivered this Friday, and we will take possession Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:17 PM   #626
uvasuperman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 (ordered)

I'm jealous of you guys getting yours soon but I realize you've had to wait extra through the plant closures... hopefully I can keep my useless dot checking to twice a day!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:32 PM   #627
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvasuperman View Post
I'm jealous of you guys getting yours soon but I realize you've had to wait extra through the plant closures... hopefully I can keep my useless dot checking to twice a day!
Yeah I ordered my wife's M50i on February 15th, so it's been a long wait. Full individual merino caused an expected delay, and then Covid 19 hit. Real world problems obviously, but I hope she actually gets it this Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 01:17 AM   #628
max78
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE, Honda CR-V

I should be picking up mine this week...11 months after placing the order.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 06:44 AM   #629
gaff0486
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 S5

I ordered my X7 3/10 and it just delivered to my dealer on Monday 5/18. We ordered individual exterior (Tanzanite) and individual interior (Ivory White/Night Blue full leather). Considering the plant shutdown because of COVID I was pleasantly surprised with my wait time. Car is going to the detail shop for tint, PPF, and Ceramic Pro and I will pick it up next week, can't wait!
Appreciate 2
      05-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #630
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

The genius line had mine scheduled for completion on 5/19, and it seems like that is right.

Online tracker shows as awaiting carrier assignment, and I spoke to someone yesterday on the genius line who said my car was at the vehicle processing center and is scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 5/24.

Spoke to my client advisor this morning and he said his system was not showing those dates - was just showing confirmed order - but said the system he has available to him is often wrong and sometimes cars show up at the dealership without any change in the status in his system.

Hopefully it’s all on track. I’d like to take delivery this month so that I can take advantage of the 2 months of lease payments offer.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:12 AM   #631
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The genius line had mine scheduled for completion on 5/19, and it seems like that is right.

Online tracker shows as awaiting carrier assignment, and I spoke to someone yesterday on the genius line who said my car was at the vehicle processing center and is scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 5/24.

Spoke to my client advisor this morning and he said his system was not showing those dates - was just showing confirmed order - but said the system he has available to him is often wrong and sometimes cars show up at the dealership without any change in the status in his system.

Hopefully it’s all on track. I’d like to take delivery this month so that I can take advantage of the 2 months of lease payments offer.
Can you please share where you see the lease offer? I only so 90 days no payments and 0.9% on financed vehicles. I renegotiated my payments down three different times during the COVID delay, but forgiving two payments was never mentioned by the general manager. Thanks-
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #632
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by max78 View Post
That wouldn't have flown with me.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #633
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you please share where you see the lease offer? I only so 90 days no payments and 0.9% on financed vehicles. I renegotiated my payments down three different times during the COVID delay, but forgiving two payments was never mentioned by the general manager. Thanks-
Here you go

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...gal-disclaimer
It’s the loyal lease customers item.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2020, 10:15 PM   #634
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here you go

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...gal-disclaimer
It's the loyal lease customers item.
Thank you! Taking delivery tomorrow, so this will come in handy. Hoping there isn't "small print" excluding custom orders on M50i.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #635
BMW-TX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by max78 View Post
Any particular reason why your vehicle took nearly a year? I placed my order earlier this month and even with the Covid factory shutdown and the backlog, they are saying likely 2-3 months to deliver the vehicle. Should I be skeptical?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 06:51 PM   #636
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-TX View Post
Any particular reason why your vehicle took nearly a year? I placed my order earlier this month and even with the Covid factory shutdown and the backlog, they are saying likely 2-3 months to deliver the vehicle. Should I be skeptical?
Always be skeptical of whatever the dealer tells you.

You should have received a production # from the dealer. You can use that to check the status of your order on the bmw site, or call their genius line at the 844 # to get status and estimated production completion dates.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #637
max78
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE, Honda CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-TX View Post
I believe that it is a matter of geographical location and BMW's approach to customers in small markets. I am located in the Czech Republic and it seems to be way out of BMW's scope as they seem to focus on US, Russian and Chinese markets. I placed my ordered in June 2019 with delivery set to December 2019. In late November 2019, my BMW dealer informed me that production of my vehicle had been postponed to April 2020. I escalated this to the importer and managed to get February 2020 production. During the lockdown, my vehicle got stuck in Austrian distribution centre for 3-4 weeks. I was about to withdraw my order in December and purchase 2020 GLS but MB dealer could only offer delivery in August 2020, i.e. no better alternative. From my perspective, BMW's customer care in the Czech Rep. is highly unsatisfactory compared to the US so you don't have to be skeptical. In any case, with this experience, this is going to be the first and the last BMW that I'll ever purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #638
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So my car that was supposed to leave the vehicle processing center on 5/22 ans was scheduled to be delivered to my dealer on 5/24 is apparently still awaiting carrier assignment. The lady I spoke to on the Genius line this morning said she could see it still had not been assigned a carrier which she assumed meant it was still at the VPC. She asked me to try back in a couple of days for an update.
Appreciate 0