BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Adaptive Cruise Control

07-30-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
PatMo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3, 2016 X3, 2023 X7 M60

Adaptive Cruise Control

I’ve been looking hard, but can’t find the answer to a question. On the 2021 M50i, is adaptive cruise control a standard feature, or do I have to go with ZDY package (Driver Assistance Professional Package)? 5AS is listed standard (Active Driving Assistant), but don’t know if Adaptive Cruise is the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

you need the package. It also adds a tri-focal camera...standard is a single monovision camera.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMo View Post
I’ve been looking hard, but can’t find the answer to a question. On the 2021 M50i, is adaptive cruise control a standard feature, or do I have to go with ZDY package (Driver Assistance Professional Package)? 5AS is listed standard (Active Driving Assistant), but don’t know if Adaptive Cruise is the same.
All X7s come with Dynamic Cruise Control and 5AS Active Driving Assistant

What is 5AS Active Driving Assistant?
BMW Active Driving Assistant is a collection of driving assistance and collision avoidance technologies. Standard on higher-end BMWs such as the 5 Series and X5, Active Driving Assistant includes forward-collision warning with pedestrian detection, low-speed automatic emergency braking, lane-departure warning, blind-spot warning, and rear cross-traffic warning.

Forward-collision warning monitors for obstacles ahead, and with Active Driving Assistant the technology can also identify pedestrians in the vehicle’s path. If the driver fails to brake, the automatic emergency braking system engages to stop or slow the BMW before impact. Be sure to understand that with Active Driving Assistant, the automatic braking works only at lower city speeds. On faster-flowing highways and freeways, the driver must respond to potential collision situations.

Additionally, Active Driving Assistant includes a blind-spot warning system that monitors the vehicle’s left and right blind spots. It warns the driver with visual and, when necessary, audible alerts designed to get the driver’s attention and convince the driver to alter lane-change plans. A rear cross-traffic alert system uses the same set of sensors to indicate to the driver when traffic is approaching the BMW from the sides, such as when reversing out of a parking space.

Lane-departure warning is also a part of the BMW Active Driving Assistant. At higher speeds, it monitors lane markings and alerts the driver if the vehicle unintentionally strays out of the lane. Changing lanes while using the turn signal deactivates the lane-departure warning system.

What is BMW Active Driving Assistant Pro?
BMWs equipped with standard Active Driving Assistant can be optioned with a Driving Assistance Professional Package. It includes adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability, active collision avoidance for the blind-spot warning system, front cross-traffic warning, and Active Driving Assistant Pro.

BMW Active Driving Assistant Pro equips a vehicle with several semi-autonomous driving aids. The traffic-jam assistance system builds on the adaptive cruise control technology with lane-centering assistance and the ability to steer for the driver at speeds below 40 mph, helping to make difficult commutes easier. This works only on limited-access highways and is not available in all driving situations.

Additionally, Active Driving Assistant Pro equips a BMW with an evasion assistance system that improves vehicle stability when the driver takes sudden evasive steering action to avoid a collision. An automatic emergency stop assistance system takes control when a driver becomes unresponsive due to a medical problem.

Here's a video overview of the 3 types of Cruise Control buttons on BMWs.
X7s come standard with the first type and optioning ZDY Driving Assistant Professional package will add the 2nd and 3rd type depending on market - the 3rd type is what your vehicle will be upgraded to for USA market.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 11.14.10 AM.png
Views: 3621
Size:  606.5 KB

Type 1 - Standard Dynamic Cruise Contro

Name:  b0ce5059733b46b78362adbe8432b317.jpg
Views: 2478
Size:  235.8 KB

Type 3 - ZDY Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Extended Traffic Jam Assistant (available in USA market)

Name:  de529cdbc93b48ef866b6b2b400f7c07.jpg
Views: 2594
Size:  268.3 KB

Last edited by Auricom; 07-30-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 3