F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Angel lights..Idea and help!
Studio RSR

01-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
Rinzler007
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 4.35i

Angel lights..Idea and help!

I have a 435 and when the angel lights are on for daylight light driving they are really bright but when the headlights turn on the angel eyes dime, how do I get them to stay bright all the time? does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Coding.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 320XI Modern Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler007
I have a 435 and when the angel lights are on for daylight light driving they are really bright but when the headlights turn on the angel eyes dime, how do I get them to stay bright all the time? does anyone know?
You should be aware of the fact that there is a reason they dim. The angle eyes need proper cooling in order to stay at peak performance. If you code and keep them on at full brightness at the same time the headlights are on, you will drastically reduce their life span and they will shift colour over time.

I wanted to do the same thing until I found out about this.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
Rinzler007
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular_joe View Post
You should be aware of the fact that there is a reason they dim. The angle eyes need proper cooling in order to stay at peak performance. If you code and keep them on at full brightness at the same time the headlights are on, you will drastically reduce their life span and they will shift colour over time.

that makes sense but the angel eyes are led's so they don't get hot. right?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Also keep in mind oncoming traffic. When in DRL mode they are super bright. You run your lights like that at night and you'll probably pi$$ off others. I've been parked before at night with just the halos on and have actually been flashed. Had no idea what people were flashing me for so I got out and realized those things were way too bright for night time use.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 320XI Modern Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler007
Quote:

that makes sense but the angel eyes are led's so they don't get hot. right?
Right, they don't get hot as long as adequate cooling is available to them. With the halogens on at full brightness and the leds at full brightness you run the risk of overheating them.

Personally, i have not seen any discolouration on any other bmw angel eyes running full brightness along with halogens. I have just been told by multiple people and a few install bay guys that it does happen.

Plus, you don't want to piss off oncoming drivers. But to each his own i guess. Ultimately its up to you. This is a forum not a parenting website :P
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Rinzler007
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right, they don't get hot as long as adequate cooling is available to them. With the halogens on at full brightness and the leds at full brightness you run the risk of overheating them.

Personally, i have not seen any discolouration on any other bmw angel eyes running full brightness along with halogens. I have just been told by multiple people and a few install bay guys that it does happen.

Plus, you don't want to piss off oncoming drivers. But to each his own i guess. Ultimately its up to you. This is a forum not a parenting website :P

LOL!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Rinzler007
United_States
Rep

How about to leave the angel eyes alone and then make the turn signal the straight led on top of the head lights blink instead of the regular turn light???
Appreciate 0