forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Replacing Grille

06-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Hi all. I recently replaced my grille after being quoted a ton of cash for a literal 5 minute job. I decided I'd take a few pics for anyone that wants to do it and save some cash.

1. Push down on the 6 tabs in the red circles. I had to push the first one and keep a bit of pressure on it so it remained unclipped to get the rest.
2. The camera is towards the bottom. Carefully pull out the grille. I recommend putting some painters tape on the pain to keep from scratching it.
3. Unclip the 3 prongs holding the camera and carefully pull it out. They are a bit stiff so go slow. The grille should pop out now.
4. Make sure the camera doesn't hit anything or gets pulled off.
5. Put new grille back in.

Note: I have the night vision option and did not need to unhook anything for that.

Hope this helps. It took me about ~10 minutes between taking/retaking pics and examining what to unhook.

Also, get your dealer to match the lowest price you can find online for the parts. Mine did and I saved a little over $100 . for the grille.
Attached Images

Last edited by jokinawa; 06-17-2019 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: updates
Appreciate 4
      06-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Probably also a good trick to wash those slats clean. Thx for the tip.

I need to find the best place to buy the grille
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Ken750iX7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post

I need to find the best place to buy the grille
I got it from here:

https://www.bmwpartshub.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
ATX512
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
Hi all. I recently replaced my grille after being quoted a ton of cash for a literal 5 minute job. I decided I'd take a few pics for anyone that wants to do it and save some cash.

1. Push down on the 6 tabs in the red circles. I had to push the first one and keep a bit of pressure on it so it remained unclipped to get the rest.
2. The camera is towards the bottom. Carefully pull out the grille. I recommend putting some painters tape on the pain to keep from scratching it.
3. Unclip the 3 prongs holding the camera and carefully pull it out. They are a bit stiff so go slow. The grille should pop out now.

Note: I have the night vision option and did not need to unhook anything for that.

Hope this helps. It took me about ~10 minutes between taking/retaking pics and examining what to unhook.

Also, get your dealer to match the lowest price you can find online for the parts. Mine did and I saved a little over $100 . for the grille.

Can you post a pic of what the grill looks like installed?
Also, do you have the part # you used?

Last edited by ATX512; 08-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Needed to add more
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx512 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
hi all. I recently replaced my grille after being quoted a ton of cash for a literal 5 minute job. I decided i'd take a few pics for anyone that wants to do it and save some cash.

Also, get your dealer to match the lowest price you can find online for the parts. Mine did and i saved a little over $100 . For the grille.

can you post a pic of what the grill looks like installed?
Also, do you have the part # you used?
Attached Images

08-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #6
lukehhhhh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i | 2017 i3 BEV

For those outside USA, you can also order from here. They deliver internationally. https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-13-8-745-730
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      08-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Thank you for sharing this one!