BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum questions about X7 options, Dynamic Handling, Leather and M-Brakes

05-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
gdurhamski
gdurham
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 2020, 17 Porsche Turbo S, 2

questions about X7 options, Dynamic Handling, Leather and M-Brakes

I am wondering why you can not get 2nd row captains chair with Coffee colored Merino leather?

I live in a Carmel, IN, the city with the most roundabouts in the US. I am wondering if the DHP would be a nice option to have as I can't go anywhere without driving through multiple roundabouts?

How much Brake Dust do the M-Brakes create over the standard brakes?

Lastly, will the new M50 V8 be the only V8 available for the 2020 and when can I place an order for the 2020 models?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdurhamski View Post
I am wondering why you can not get 2nd row captains chair with Coffee colored Merino leather?

News to me. (must temporary be a parts matter) Check the Order guide to see if its supposed to be that.

I live in a Carmel, IN, the city with the most roundabouts in the US. I am wondering if the DHP would be a nice option to have as I can't go anywhere without driving through multiple roundabouts?

I used to too. I hear DHP is awesome, so I ordered it.

no idea

Lastly, will the new M50 V8 be the only V8 available for the 2020 and when can I place an order for the 2020 models?

I think production switches in August, so July?

see above
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
For now, 4U5 requires ordering MCHE, MCRI, MCSW, VAEW, VASW, VATQ or VBEI. Possibly production ramp up and usually BMW will adjust the ordering guide during the year based on part supply and orders.

Quote:
Unless you're taking the roundabout at double or higher than the speed limit - DHP includes IAS (4-wheel steering) which assists with low maneuverability, turning and high speed stability. If you're getting the 50i, DHP will include rear locking M Sport differential and you can power out of bends with momentum. Managed by the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system, the locking function for the rear differential also improves traction and power delivery when driving over loose ground or on road surfaces offering differing levels of grip for the left-rear and right-rear wheels. It does so by preventing a wheel from spinning when it is struggling for grip.

Quote:
More

Quote:
The current 50i and future 202(?) M50i will be the only V8 available in the USA. 2020 production switch over is usually August or September, but that doesn't guarantee the M50i will be announced or available.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #4
gdurhamski
gdurham
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 2020, 17 Porsche Turbo S, 2

Thanks for the feedback. Debating internally between adding DHP or off road package and/or B&W sound system. Not sure I need either DHP or Off Road, while I will use B&W everyday.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Debating internally between adding DHP or off road package and/or B&W sound system. Not sure I need either DHP or Off Road, while I will use B&W everyday.
I have to admit, I don’t know a ton about cars, except I know what I like. But my husband is a true car enthusiast with lots of experience driving true exotics and sports cars, and every time he drives mine, he comments on how glad he is we added the DHP. My vote: get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #6
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Absolutely get DHP. I am a big BMW fan but I hate the way the new trucks drive without DHP. Had to be in an x5 loaner for two months last summer and couldn't wait to get back into my car, primarily because of the much softer and boaty ride that takes all the fun away from driving.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Too bad IAS isn't available as a separate option or I'd recommend just that versus DHP or Off-Road.

Depends on what your driving needs are for DHP or Off-Road. B&W is an excellent audio upgrade though I'd settle for the standard HK and option DHP because the X7 it's a big f'ing vehicle and IAS makes it much more maneuverable.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Too bad IAS isn't available as a separate option or I'd recommend just that versus DHP or Off-Road.

Depends on what your driving needs are for DHP or Off-Road. B&W is an excellent audio upgrade though I'd settle for the standard HK and option DHP because the X7 it's a big f'ing vehicle and IAS makes it much more maneuverable.
I see it as a stand alone option in the US.
Attached Images

05-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #9
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
I see it as a stand alone option in the US.

+1. It was available as standalone when I ordered.
Appreciate 0