BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Seat Back iPad Holders

09-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #23
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondoGP View Post
Does anyone have the part number for iPad mini holder that clips into the Travel and Comfort port on the back of the front seats. Also does it come with the charging cable that plugs in there as well?
51 95 2 420 910 is the case that works for the iPad mini 4. charging cable not included, but you can find a cheap lighting to usb c cable on amazon for 10 bucks or less. anker and others make reliable ones.

But you also need the safety case holder for any tablet case that plugs into the actual port on the seat and holds the tablet case. That part number is 51 95 2 408 224
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #24
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

It appears this part is universal and will work with any iPad? Can someone please confirm? Thanks

51 95 2 408 224
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #25
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
It appears this part is universal and will work with any iPad? Can someone please confirm? Thanks

51 95 2 408 224
I ordered my iPad cases at dealer they asked for iPad version and selected one, I think what is driving the compatibility between models is the screen size, I have two different iPads models but same screen size so the case came the same, the case I have to say looks quite well for the rubber and iPad hods well. There is one thing if I would change is the location of the USB c power outlet it does not align with the iPad power, I was hoping for very short cables but will need to get longer.

You can also add iPads to the third row if you buy travel adapter from BMW for $29 ( then you can have same iPad holder as for the second row.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 07:53 AM   #26
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
I ordered my iPad cases at dealer they asked for iPad version and selected one, I think what is driving the compatibility between models is the screen size, I have two different iPads models but same screen size so the case came the same, the case I have to say looks quite well for the rubber and iPad hods well. There is one thing if I would change is the location of the USB c power outlet it does not align with the iPad power, I was hoping for very short cables but will need to get longer.

You can also add iPads to the third row if you buy travel adapter from BMW for $29 ( then you can have same iPad holder as for the second row.

This is part number for the holder 51 95 2 408 224. I have an older iPad Mini 2. I wonder if this will work?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #27
Sphinx_77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
I have an older iPad Mini 2 that my daughter uses. I does not appear this universal holder will work.

https://shop.pml-bmw.com.sg/universa...ket-for-tablet

I just saw the post within this thread, sorry. I guess this is the one I need to purchase? Is it just this holder? I'm guessing a case is optional?

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...JjaCBSZXN1bHRz
This is the universal mount max and min sizes.
So, it depends on the dimensions of the mini 2 with a case on it. I think it is too small without a case on it for this mount.

By the way... I didn't bother with any BMW cases for my kids' IPads. I just used the cases they were already in and they fit just fine.

Hope that helps?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #28
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx_77 View Post
So, it depends on the dimensions of the mini 2 with a case on it. I think it is too small without a case on it for this mount.

By the way... I didn't bother with any BMW cases for my kids' IPads. I just used the cases they were already in and they fit just fine.

Hope that helps?
Yes it does. The Mini 2 is too small. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #29
Sphinx_77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have an older iPad Mini 2 that my daughter uses. I does not appear this universal holder will work.

I just saw the post within this thread, sorry. I guess this is the one I need to purchase? Is it just this holder? I'm guessing a case is optional?

Hope that helps?
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps?
It even works fine with the Kidd's Kindle Fire tablet with that big foam bumper around it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 08:15 AM   #30
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

I guess it all depends on the iPad Mini 2 case you have. The case I have is a small form factor, the flip open type and it will not work .
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #31
Sphinx_77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess it all depends on the iPad Mini 2 case you have. The case I have is a small form factor, the flip open type and it will not work .
Yeah, so the smallest it will clamp would be just a hair over 6 1/2". It will clamp the flip open cases that I use for my kids IPads, but they are larger than 6 1/2".
I do like this mount because my kids between the 2 of them have tablets of 4 different sizes, and it works for all of them.

You can also clamp it lengthwise and than rotate the clamp to display horizontally if the width of the iPad is too small for it to hold tightly. As long as the case of the iPad has some merging for the clamp to grip
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #32
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

Hope that helps?
Other than the Kindle that you showed, what iPad case(s) do you have?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #33
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

For those of you that have the iPad holder, how is the vibration on the highway?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #34
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
For those of you that have the iPad holder, how is the vibration on the highway?
as good or better than anything i've used, third party or otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #35
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
X7 has excellent air suspension so you do not see much vibration , regardless I can not say how much it vibrates but no one complains so must be OK.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #36
Mjones827
Rep
Drives: MB GLS

I have two 10.2 inch iPads. I wanted to grab holders from BMW Parts Pro but I don't see that size. Will it work with any case? Is there a better option out there? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 04:55 AM   #37
Gren
Rep
Drives: e39

What do you think about this?

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/32884...66722e0eekpw7e

Name:  RSE_Aliexpress.jpg
Views: 3988
Size:  64.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #38
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Looks like a decent idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #39
Eric
Private
Rep
Drives: Numerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones827 View Post
I have two 10.2 inch iPads. I wanted to grab holders from BMW Parts Pro but I don't see that size. Will it work with any case? Is there a better option out there? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
I have exactly the same issue. We scored two iPad 10.2 (7th generation) on black friday this weekend, but it doesnt appear that BMW has released a safety case for this generation yet.

According to the Apple specifications guide, the 10.2 has identical dimensions as the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5, which does have a safety case available. Based on pictures of the iPad Pro 10.5 it looks like the camera and power buttons are also in the same place, so I think it should work with the Safety case BMW has available.

I've ordered a set of them and will report back with findings.

I want to say thank you to PIPE_DR for the excellent pics. Those pics were 10x more useful than stopping by and talking to the parts desk at my local dealer.

They are totally clueless about this system, which is surprising because it really seems like an excellent solution to backseat entertainment as opposed to the permanently installed system I had in previous generation BMWs, which were extremely cumbersome to use with young kids.

Last edited by Eric; 12-01-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #40
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
It even works fine with the Kidd's Kindle Fire tablet with that big foam bumper around it.

Just curious which model is able to hold Fire Tablet? I have 8" kindle HD with similar case.

Is this the universal kit?

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #41
shinm5
Rep
Drives: bmw

here are some photos, i didnt get the res for my build, now its a 2021 so i dont get a choice for 5.0 but my kids wanted ipads rather than "tv".
fire hd (battery died so i am not sure which one) regular ipad air, and last is the mini ipad 5 i just got them for the car. car isnt built yet, aug 8th according to them,so i do not have the acutal photo of it in the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 12:46 AM   #42
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Quote:
[IMG]https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1569071202[/IMG]

Just curious which model is able to hold Fire Tablet? I have 8" kindle HD with similar case.

Is this the universal kit?

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D
I got the universal holder and it works perfectly with fireHD10 while they're in a silicon sleeve.
They don't fit inside the holder clips, but rather the holder firmly holds them in place.

Done few trips with them no issues at all other than being a bit far for the kids to reach and running out of data in 40 min 🤦🏻
      07-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #43
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
I got the universal holder and it works perfectly with fireHD10 while they're in a silicon sleeve.
They don't fit inside the holder clips, but rather the holder firmly holds them in place.

Done few trips with them no issues at all other then being a bit far for the kids to reach and running out of data in 40 min 🤦🏻
Thanks everyone. Looks like BMW universal holder is way to go to make it look integrated. Not digging the price though
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #44
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post

Done few trips with them no issues at all other then being a bit far for the kids to reach and running out of data in 40 min 🤦🏻
Thanks everyone. Looks like BMW universal holder is way to go to make it look integrated. Not digging the price though
Look into Costco dealers if you're a member or try to get your sales guy to push some sort of discount. Mine did me a solid discount voucher and I went ahead and got all I need in one shot along with the all weather mats