BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Winter wheel and tire package for X7 from BMW - 752 wheels

10-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Winter wheel and tire package for X7 from BMW - 752 wheels

I went to my dealer here on Long Island to ask about winter wheel and tire options. The service folks made some calls and came back with a few options at 21” and 20”. I want black wheels, or at least wheels with black accents, to go with my carbon black M sport 50i.

The one that seemed best was what was listed as a BMW 752 wheel, but there was a handwritten note on it “black.”

He showed me basically the attached image printed out, which looks like an alloy wheel maybe with some black accents? But again he had handwritten “black” on the page. I proceeded with the order, wheels should be here next week.

Then after some research online I found the attached image or 752 wheels, multiple such images, showing what seems like the same wheels in all black. Which would be much my preference!

Anyone have any idea which image is right?? Are these same wheels available in all black? Anyway I emailed the service guy and hopefully will hear back, but in the meantime thought i would ask here, and also offer this PSA since I know lots of folks are looking for winter wheel options.

These will be on Blizzaks by the way. It was just over $1k per wheel and tire, which isn’t bad at all based on the aftermarket stuff I’ve seen, and I just feel more comfortable going with my BMW dealer and genuine BMW wheels.
Attached Images

Last edited by OtisX7; 10-03-2020 at 06:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

I found the all black set in your second pic used on eBay so they’re from a G07 but with all season tires. You should ask the dealer the part number of the wheels they ordered for you.
No way I’d pay 4K for winter wheels and no way I’d order wheels without knowing what they look like.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Hey Otis. Yes, the BMW 752 wheels are in black, and in fact are a production option on the 40i and 50i X7. Can see them on the BMWUSA configurator.

These are what you ordered:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

Note that they look just like the stock X7 753 wheels, but in black. I actually want to do these on my X7 factory order, but are indicated to be only available on the luxury line, and I'm ordering the M-sport line. Maybe I'll just do a winter package with these, just like you are.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Hey Otis. Yes, the BMW 752 wheels are in black, and in fact are a production option on the 40i and 50i X7. Can see them on the BMWUSA configurator.

These are what you ordered:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

Note that they look just like the stock X7 753 wheels, but in black. I actually want to do these on my X7 factory order, but are indicated to be only available on the luxury line, and I'm ordering the M-sport line. Maybe I'll just do a winter package with these, just like you are.
Awesome!! Thank you! Exactly what I was hoping for!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I found the all black set in your second pic used on eBay so they’re from a G07 but with all season tires. You should ask the dealer the part number of the wheels they ordered for you.
No way I’d pay 4K for winter wheels and no way I’d order wheels without knowing what they look like.
Funny because the Savini aftermarket winter wheel set I almost bought was over $5k. This feels like a steal in comparison. And it’s BMW and my dealer is handling it. I don’t feel bad about it at all. Especially if they are the black ones I’m hoping for!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #6
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Funny because the Savini aftermarket winter wheel set I almost bought was over $5k. This feels like a steal in comparison. And it’s BMW and my dealer is handling it. I don’t feel bad about it at all. Especially if they are the black ones I’m hoping for!
My problem is I don’t trust anyone especially with 4K. Not sure how anyone can put that amount down and not know what they’re ordering. I’m not going to buy a winter set but if I had to I wouldn’t spend more than 2500.

Glad you’re getting what you wanted.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
My problem is I don’t trust anyone especially with 4K. Not sure how anyone can put that amount down and not know what they’re ordering. I’m not going to buy a winter set but if I had to I wouldn’t spend more than 2500.

Glad you’re getting what you wanted.

Cheers
I spent like $120,000 on the car. A little extra scratch to keep the car—and my family—safe this winter, and for the peace of mind, is a no brainer for me. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 03:49 AM   #8
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here’s another stupid question: any reason I can’t just leave my winter tires on year round? I get that I’ll have some degradation in performance, but honestly, I’m no NASCAR driver. I doubt it would make much difference for me day to day.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 04:16 AM   #9
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Here’s another stupid question: any reason I can’t just leave my winter tires on year round? I get that I’ll have some degradation in performance, but honestly, I’m no NASCAR driver. I doubt it would make much difference for me day to day.
You should purchase an all-season set in this case.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #10
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I spent like $120,000 on the car. A little extra scratch to keep the car—and my family—safe this winter, and for the peace of mind, is a no brainer for me. YMMV
I’m not saying don’t buy winter wheels. I’m saying there are other options that are just as good and cost less. If I wasn’t moving South next year I’d definitely buy a set. Luckily we have other cars for winter driving conditions. As far as driving on winter tires all year I wouldn’t recommend. Driving in higher temps with a heavy, high HP vehicle they’re sure to wear quickly. You’ll also lose some of the performance abilities you spent 120k on.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #11
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Why? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #12
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

To answer my own question, from the Bridgestone website:

Faster wear on warm, dry pavement - the tread rubber of winter tires is considerably more flexible than that of all season and summer tires. That same pliable tread rubber that adds traction in winter will wear down quickly in warm temperatures. Summer and all-season tires are built to withstand warm temperatures, providing long wear life.

Decreased performance - In warm weather, winter tires won't provide the same handling capabilities as summer or all-season tires. Imagine if you needed to make a quick maneuver and your tires were soft and squishy. You won't get the crisp response from a winter tire in warm weather. Winter tires need that flexibilitity to handle ice and snow, but it's not as useful in warm weather.

(These still don’t feel like huge negatives to me).
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #13
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
I went to my dealer here on Long Island to ask about winter wheel and tire options. The service folks made some calls and came back with a few options at 21" and 20". I want black wheels, or at least wheels with black accents, to go with my carbon black M sport 50i.

The one that seemed best was what was listed as a BMW 752 wheel, but there was a handwritten note on it "black."

He showed me basically the attached image printed out, which looks like an alloy wheel maybe with some black accents? But again he had handwritten "black" on the page. I proceeded with the order, wheels should be here next week.

Then after some research online I found the attached image or 752 wheels, multiple such images, showing what seems like the same wheels in all black. Which would be much my preference!

Anyone have any idea which image is right?? Are these same wheels available in all black? Anyway I emailed the service guy and hopefully will hear back, but in the meantime thought i would ask here, and also offer this PSA since I know lots of folks are looking for winter wheel options.

These will be on Blizzaks by the way. It was just over $1k per wheel and tire, which isn't bad at all based on the aftermarket stuff I've seen, and I just feel more comfortable going with my BMW dealer and genuine BMW wheels.
There are three winter options, I have seen all in person and I did not like the black ones looked just to much paint no contrast

I opted for the machined surface those are also options when you order M50i and have M logos,

Will be putting them on on Thursday
I paid almost exactly $4k for the set
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3676.50
OtisX7213.50
      10-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #14
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In EU you might get rentals in the summer with winter tires on, my observation is that for sure you have speed restriction which is not a big deal in USA as limits are low in USA

However driving on winters in the summer feels to soft and not as glued to the road as summers would, I do not recommend this
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #15
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Why? Just curious.
Winter tires are way better than all seasons, it feels way more attached to the road. I dropped once to a dealer for service my car with winters and got loaner same model and build just will all seasons, I drove back same road and it was way noticeable how much less grip I had.

I say this I rather spent $4k on tires and wheels then on doctors,

By the way winters are mandatory in Germany and should be mandatory at least in the northern states of USA. Much safer
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 05:03 AM   #16
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Winter tires are way better than all seasons, it feels way more attached to the road. I dropped once to a dealer for service my car with winters and got loaner same model and build just will all seasons, I drove back same road and it was way noticeable how much less grip I had.

I say this I rather spent $4k on tires and wheels then on doctors,

By the way winters are mandatory in Germany and should be mandatory at least in the northern states of USA. Much safer
Got it, thanks guys
      10-08-2019, 05:06 AM   #17
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are three winter options, I have seen all in person and I did not like the black ones looked just to much paint no contrast

I opted for the machined surface those are also options when you order M50i and have M logos,

Those are nice.

Yes, my guy showed me three winter options as well. The 20" option was very bland, did not like at all. Then at 21" there were the two you showed.

What color is your car? I have blacked most of it out on my carbon black, so I like the idea of all black wheels. I also like it just for a "change" -- I figured if I'm swapping every other season, I may as well get something very different for winter than what I have on in summer.

But I do like the ones you picked out too, very nice.
      10-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #18
sliu070
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 2019 G07

Canadian here. Also starting to look at some winter tire options. Not sure the 20s would clear the brakes. If they do, I'd be looking at around $3k for a set with blizzak and BBS rims or some other replicas.
      10-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Those are nice.

Yes, my guy showed me three winter options as well. The 20" option was very bland, did not like at all. Then at 21" there were the two you showed.

What color is your car? I have blacked most of it out on my carbon black, so I like the idea of all black wheels. I also like it just for a "change" -- I figured if I'm swapping every other season, I may as well get something very different for winter than what I have on in summer.

But I do like the ones you picked out too, very nice.
My car is black but I did not go for extended shadow, I have cerium gray wheels now.

If you go to the BMW build you can check how the wheels will look like at least the machined ones are option for M50i and I think the black ones are option for other models, build you car and put them on and you will see how they look on your build
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #20
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Weird, so the dealer just called me and says the 752 wheels are not available in all black, just with “black inserts.” He’s going to send me a website link. This is all confusing!

Attached is the scan my dealer sent me.

I told him I found all black ones online, they seemed to be all over the place. He asked if I had any info — anyone have a link or part number or something I can direct him to?

I suppose the contrast in these alloy ones would look fine too, they’re nice wheels either way. But I was sort of set on black!

Thanks all.
Attached Images

Last edited by OtisX7; 10-08-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #21
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Weird, so the dealer just called me and says the 752 wheels are not available in all black, just with “black inserts.” He’s going to send me a website link. This is all confusing!

Attached is the scan my dealer sent me.

I told him I found all black ones online, they seemed to be all over the place. He asked if I had any info — anyone have a link or part number or something I can direct him to?

I suppose the contrast in these alloy ones would look fine too, they’re nice wheels either way. But I was sort of set on black!

Thanks all.
The images I have shown have been take at dealer so yours must be not informed?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #22
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The images I have shown have been take at dealer so yours must be not informed?
MB21, would you mind posting or messaging me the name of your dealer? Or any info regarding your sales rep etc.? If that picture were just slightly better quality, might even be able to read the part numbers off those tags! With those part numbers maybe my dealer can figure it out. (I’m surprised he cannot — it’s Rallye BMW, probably the biggest on Long Island and in the NY area!)