BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 with or without dhp?

11-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
Guards Red Car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 xDrive40i

The Dynamic Handling package includes Active Comfort Drive (which uses front-facing cameras to read the road and adjust the suspension to suit; it also works to make cornering more effective), rear-wheel steering, M Sport rear limited-slip differential (this item is only available in the xDrive50i) and M Sport brakes

I have ordered my X7 xDrive40i with DHP

I have read as many posts on DHP as I could find

I remain confused about implementation of all of the hardware and capabilities of DHP

Specifically, Is DHP always ON ?

Some posts have stated that DHP only is active if in Navigation mode....
If this IS the case, then, do I have to enter a destination into Navigation EVERY TIME I get in and drive?? What if I merely hit the Map/NAV screen without entering a specific destination...would this activate DHP?

Then, if this is indeed the case (that DHP requires a Navigation destination input), is the package doing anything for me (compared to the standard NON DHP X7's) when not "on" ?

I only use the Vehicle's NAV only about 5% of the time, and I really hope I do not have to set a destination for EVERY ride!

I am pretty sure that OTHER competitors do not require NAV destination input for their systems to be operational (Mercedes Benz GLS and Lincoln Aviator are two examples)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #24
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guards Red Car View Post
The Dynamic Handling package includes Active Comfort Drive (which uses front-facing cameras to read the road and adjust the suspension to suit; it also works to make cornering more effective), rear-wheel steering, M Sport rear limited-slip differential (this item is only available in the xDrive50i) and M Sport brakes

I remain confused about implementation of all of the hardware and capabilities of DHP

If this IS the case, then, do I have to enter a destination into Navigation EVERY TIME I get in and drive?? What if I merely hit the Map/NAV screen without entering a specific destination...would this activate DHP?

Then, if this is indeed the case (that DHP requires a Navigation destination input), is the package doing anything for me (compared to the standard NON DHP X7's) when not "on" ?

I only use the Vehicle's NAV only about 5% of the time, and I really hope I do not have to set a destination for EVERY ride!

I am pretty sure that OTHER competitors do not require NAV destination input for their systems to be operational (Mercedes Benz GLS and Lincoln Aviator are two examples)
hmmmm maybe i absolutely need to get dhp then lol...the cars for my wife but i will have to drive this on family trips so just for those times i should get this for her
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #25
nubova
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guards Red Car View Post

DHP is always on, even adaptive once you hit the Adaptive button. It does not require a navigation destination to be turned on. I spoke to personnel in Munich on this directly. XDrive50i gets same exact DHP as M Dport other than newer engine and exhaust.

Whether you want it or not is a separate question. I note that it turns any xDrive 50i into a beast. The only difference between the luxury v8 and M Dport v8 is the engine and exgaust ( there are differences in looks if you prefer the more shadowy look of the M Sport).
Appreciate 1
mcsa65.00