BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Any third party extended warranty that cover OEM parts?

01-22-2024, 10:25 PM   #1
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Getting close in a 20 m50i so naturally going down the warranty rabbit hole. I know there are hundreds of these, so apologies for one more.

Some people say not with, others swear but it. It's too late to get the BMW since it's past 4 years.

Was looking in to the Fidelity plan that I saw on there but read the they don't cover OEM parts.

Is that an unrealistic thing to be looking for? Any third parties that do?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10830.00
      01-22-2024, 10:48 PM   #2
supra098
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I’m looking for an x7 40i and plenty of extended warranty companies (CARCHEX, Carshield) that will offer unlimited miles 10 yr . But when it comes to the m50i they don’t cover engine, turbo and all that fun stuff that’s expensive … I wanted one but went with. 40i for warranty purposes
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 06:13 AM   #3
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

I'm in the same boat Archie, let us know what you find out in your research.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:12 PM   #4
Fsune1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

I got extended warranty for my 19 X5 50i from ENDURANCE, their top tier plans cover OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #5
Archie007
Private
Rep

That's so funny you mentioned that. I asked the indy shop that was local to where I'm buying my car what 3rd party plans they like working with or that they'd reccomend. He immediately said Endurance and Axiom.

I dont believe Axiom is offered directly to the public.

I called Endurance, and they offered me a plan for 6 years from purchase and 75k miles for 5900, but since it was still at the dealer, they knocked off 400. Exclusionary policy with no caps on parts or labor. Listed off a slew of items that another tkelley86 posed, including DHP, BW system, LED lights (they'll fix the wiring, no bulbs as that is considered wear and tear), transmission, suspensions etc. And they're all covered

30 day cancellation and can cancel if i sell the car at any point.

Will do deep dive on the policy in the next few days but seems like a great deal relative to everything else I've been seeing.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2024, 05:49 PM   #6
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

My rule of thumb when researching extended warranties is not to bother looking for what "IS" covered but look for what "Is NOT" covered.

It's usually the Not Covered items that are the most expensive and most prone to fail.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 06:22 PM   #7
Brendon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7

Garage List
I talked to Endurance today and they wanted over $9k for 3 years / 45k miles of coverage on a 2019 xdrive40i with 10k miles. Think I'll take my chances!
      01-24-2024, 06:48 PM   #8
Archie007
Private
Rep

Makes me want to read all the fine print. How can I get half that for double the amount of years coverage. I don't think I'm missing something but that's really strange pricing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:00 PM   #9
Brendon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
Makes me want to read all the fine print. How can I get half that for double the amount of years coverage. I don't think I'm missing something but that's really strange pricing.
He said that because of insurance regulations in CA it changes pricing, so that could be the culprit.
      01-24-2024, 10:03 PM   #10
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep

CART10 actually works for 10% off your monthly rate, I'm gonna research Endurance more tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 12:41 AM   #11
Exslave
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera, X7 M50i

I carried an Endurance Policy on my 2014 Panamera for 4yrs. They were one of the few companies that offered coverage. I can't comment any further as I never had a breakdown and never had to use the warranty. The peace of mind was worth the money to me. I did however get a free air tag (Tile) to keep in the car for tracking purposes. I do recommend being very purposeful with your maintenance and upkeep and making sure it's verifiable.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 09:32 AM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

if anyone is interested in BMW plans we have been selling them at really good discounted rates for forums members for a while now. Just follow the info in the link below

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1676787

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 12:38 PM   #13
Archie007
Private
Rep

Finally got the actual policy. The one gripe that's making me reconsider is that they only cover seals and gaskets if they are in conjunction with another covered repaid.

I know very little about car parts/mechanics. Here is the full list of non-covered repairs and parts. It still seems like good value relative to other ones I've priced out but would love to get an opinion on if this is a lot in terms of exclusions/parts

Repairs:
“PLATINUM” COVERAGE covers all components of the Vehicle, except for the following items:
“PLATINUM” COVERAGE covers all components of the Vehicle, except for the following items:
1. Paint; carpeting; upholstery; fabric; VEHICLE frame; the following parts of the manual/hydraulic clutch assembly: friction disc, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing; rubber hoses and combination rubber/metal lines; moldings; PCV Valve; distributor cap/rotor; wheels and wheel covers; seat belts and retractors; seat heaters integrated in upholstery; clock spring; battery and cables; nuts, bolts, and fasteners; rubber body parts; VEHICLE body panels and components; trim; weather stripping; ducting and tubing; illumination of any kind, including but not limited to lenses, light bulbs, headlight and/or taillight assemblies, LED lighting and sealed beams; exhaust system; keyless entry pad and transmitters; brake pads, drums, rotor, and shoes; canvas; fiberglass, vinyl or fabric tops; convertible tops and sunroofs including related mechanisms; remote compact disc changers; buttons; handles; door hinges; glass and glass
assemblies; audio components not installed by the factory, GPS components and any other parts combined with GPS component(s); CB radios; bright metal; sheet metal; bumpers; ornamental moldings; welds; winch; emissions systems; catalytic converters; spark plugs and wires; glow plugs; wheel balancing; hoses; belts; wiper blades; restraint belts; hydraulic suspension control systems; struts; bearings, mounts, and housing; shock absorbers; interior and exterior trim items; carburetor; throttle body assembly; body seals and gaskets; plastic and framing. 2. Parts, items, and conditions listed in
What is Not Covered section of this Contract.
*Seals and gaskets are only covered if needed in conjunction with a covered repair.

Here is what is not covered parts wise:
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS: CARBURETOR, THROTTLE BODY, BATTERY, BATTERY CABLES, SHOCK ABSORBERS, STRUTS, MANUAL AND HYDRAULIC LINKAGES,DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR, WIRES, SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS (INCLUDING AIR BAGS), GLASS, FUSES, CIRCUIT BREAKERS, TELEPHONES, TELEVISION/DVD PLAYER, ELECTRONIC AND SATELLITE TRANSMITTING/RECEIVING DEVICES, BRAKE ROTORS AND DRUMS, EXHAUST SYSTEM, EVAPORATIVE AND EXHAUST EMISSION SYSTEMS, OXYGEN SENSORS, NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM UPDATES AND DISCS, WEATHER STRIPPING, TRIM,MOLDINGS, BRIGHT METAL, CHROME, UPHOLSTERY, CARPET, ZIPPERS; NUTS, BOLTS, AND FASTENERS; CUP HOLDERS, DASH PAD AND VENTS, SEAT FRAME, SEAT FRAME RECLINER MECHANISM, PAINT, OUTSIDE ORNAMENTATION, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLES, MIRRORS, HINGES, LIFTGATE AND HOOD SUPPORTS, HUB CAPS/WHEEL COVERS, BUMPERS, BODY SHEET METAL AND PANELS, BODY PARTS, FRAME AND ENGINE CRADLES, BODY MOUNTS, MOUNTING BRACKETS AND STRUCTURAL BODY PARTS, VINYL
AND CONVERTIBLE TOPS, TIRES, WHEELS/RIMS, NEAR OBJECT AVOIDANCE SYSTEMS, SPEAKERS AND WIRING, VOICE RECOGNITION SYSTEMS, PERIMETER WARNING SYSTEMS OR ANY PART THEREOF, INFRARED SYSTEMS OR ANY PART THEREOF; MANUAL AND HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ASSEMBLY SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: MANUAL CLUTCH PEDAL, CLUTCH DISC, PRESSURE PLATE, PILOT BEARING, CLUTCH MASTER AND SLAVE CYLINDER AND THROW-OUT BEARING. ANY COMPONENT THAT ITS ONLY PURPOSE IS FOR ILLUMINATION SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO: SEALED BEAMS; HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE (XEON) HEADLAMPS, LEDs, LIGHT BULBS, HEAD LAMP, PROJECTION LAMP ASSEMBLIES AND LENSES
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 01:09 PM   #14
nicboy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

You need pay attention to all those items, and check the BBB about this warranty. I gave up after check the comments. Basically they promised you a lot of covered things but it is very difficult when it comes to claim and very hard to get an approval for repairing. That is why none of these 3rd party warranty can be easily trusted. The list is exhausted and they can always find loopholes to twist however they want. Unless you have the experience dealt with it before, otherwise, save the money for your actual repairs instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 07:58 AM   #15
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm about to just cancel my 30 day "trial". Sounds like a scam to me and the more I read, the more I'm discouraged...

https://www.bbb.org/us/il/northbrook...-0654-88077689
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:10 AM   #16
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep

Actually, I'm done. I just canceled. My car came with 22" wheels from the factory and the previous owner swapped them with 21" wheels through the dealer, with OEM wheels, straight from the 2021 dealer order guide. Getting Endurance to acknowledge this as a valid and safe swap and still keep my warranty active has been an effin nightmare. Like someone said here previously, they won't put anything in writing, they just make vague statements like "you should be good". What??? Then I press them for a valid response and it turns into "we'll get back to you". Then they don't.

If this is what the claims process is like, which based on what I'm reading it is, then I'm all set. I'll roll the dice and save my money.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 07:56 AM   #17
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well my email didn't work, you MUST call in to cancel.

Cancelation Process:

-Wait on hold for 10 minutes, get rep, get transferred to cancel
-Wait on hold for 10 minutes, get rep, argue over canceling and that it's a bad idea, get placed on hold so "Billing and Finance" can process
-Wait on hold for 15 minutes, get confirmation of cancelation

Should have researched this more. I fell for the old "you must activate today to get this pricing" spiel.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 08:06 AM   #18
Archie007
Private
Rep

Jesus. I'm leaning towards cancelling as well and just raw dogging it so not looking forward to that.

Talked to come more mechanics in the area. Thev long and short of what I've been told is that this car, esp the M50i is hit or miss.

Most of them would get a warranty on their own cars if given the option

Finding a warranty provider, though, is very hard. They said they change from claim to claim on all of them. One claim, they'll be great, pay everything without issue, the next they'll deny everything and cover 50%.

Priced out a Zurich plan, they seems to be one of the most reputable ones out there based on conversations. 10k for 5 years 75k miles additional on a 2020 with 32k miles. (Endurance and car shield were 5-5.5k for 6/75k)

Ultimately, the fact that they are so high on this car and that BMW doesn't warranty beyond 7 years total really makes me think that you really do need one if you plan to keep it 7-10 years. But, it seems like you're totally rolling the dice on any third party warranty provider out there so sort of just at the shrug your shoulders point.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 09:53 AM   #19
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
Jesus. I'm leaning towards cancelling as well and just raw dogging it so not looking forward to that.

Talked to come more mechanics in the area. Thev long and short of what I've been told is that this car, esp the M50i is hit or miss.

Most of them would get a warranty on their own cars if given the option

Finding a warranty provider, though, is very hard. They said they change from claim to claim on all of them. One claim, they'll be great, pay everything without issue, the next they'll deny everything and cover 50%.

Priced out a Zurich plan, they seems to be one of the most reputable ones out there based on conversations. 10k for 5 years 75k miles additional on a 2020 with 32k miles. (Endurance and car shield were 5-5.5k for 6/75k)

Ultimately, the fact that they are so high on this car and that BMW doesn't warranty beyond 7 years total really makes me think that you really do need one if you plan to keep it 7-10 years. But, it seems like you're totally rolling the dice on any third party warranty provider out there so sort of just at the shrug your shoulders point.
Yeah I'm rolling the dice, no more warranty for me.

For what it's worth, and based on what I read, I think the likelihood of a catastrophic failure is much lower than 50/50, I think more like 95/5 (5 being the bad news) or even lower.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 10:31 AM   #20
Archie007
Private
Rep

Yea - agreed there. I guess that part I'm having the hardest time moving past isn't so much that engine is going to fail, it's that every time anything goes wrong, it's a 2-3k fix on the low end. So, my thinking was if I have this car for another 7 years, you'd have to think over that time 2-3 things will go wrong and you'd make your 5k back.

On the flip, paying 5500 and then not having a 5-6k repair covered would be such a gut punch. as you can tell, head is still spinning on this topic.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 05:13 PM   #21
MSpeedX7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I signed up with endurance as well. Still waiting on my contract. I’m still under cpo. I’m considering the cpo wrap route.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 01:42 PM   #22
bmwchicago
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40i Sport

For those that researched Fidelity, where do you see they dont cover OEM parts? I talked on the phone to them and they said it is accepted at the BMW dealerships. It is also the extended warranty used by Volvo.
Appreciate 0