BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Helping nudge to put me over the 2025 X7 xDrive40i finishing line?

Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #1
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Helping nudge to put me over the 2025 X7 xDrive40i finishing line?

At the finish line, this X7 awaits,

I believe i have a descent deal from the local dealer, ~80 miles away, at 8.5% discount, plus $500 loyalty incentive, with $0 dealer addon, 4.99% at 48mos term, ready to go for $1,000 deposit to start the production submission order,

What is standing in the way to the X7 finish line is this thing, 2024 Model X Plaid,

And i'm willing to loose (the second) $250 deposit, i've already lost the first $250 because of indecisiveness... Maybe that in itself is a sign to me.

With having gone through "all" the tradeoff's between X7 and X (each pro's and con's), really comes down to 1 thing (never mind about costs to maintain for instance), which is,

********** GAS *************

I know, if you are (filthy) rich, which i'm not, lol, why would you worry about the cost of gasoline, let alone if you are well off to be driving in X7, gas costs should be the least of your nit, right?

Well, dunno...

Question: If was gas $, but you still ended up getting the X7, what sort of nifty rationale did you go through to put you over that finish line to get the X7?

I know the family will be "pampered" by the X7's premium quality/fit/finish, say compared to X (infamous Tesla fit/finish, panel gaps, etc, etc.). And i can't wait to hear the B&W.

This being the wife's daily, she tend to drive around between 220 to 250 miles/week, certainly less than on average 300 miles/week. Most of her driving will be 70% highway, 30% city.

Doing some simple math, based on about 12,000 miles, at combined 22 mpg, 21.9 fuel tank size, putting in 93 octane (and this is where my OCD will not allow) Shell "only", last paid $4.25/gal, puts annual gasoline cost of $2,233.68'ish/year, compared to about $400 est. electricity/year with local Duke Energy, $0.11/kWh residential (non-Time Of Use) service.

Over the 5 years, about $12,000 gasoline cost compared, costing about $9,500 more.

On average, will probably end up filling up X7 every 2 week'ish.

Even driving at say eco plus, exclusive, don't think above numbers will be that much different.

So ....................

Screw the gasoline cost, thinking about it? X7?

I tend to buy cars to "keep" so after 5 years, we'll still have owned the X7.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:46 AM   #2
jdloyd01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 xDrive40i

Our X7 is our road trip car as well as my wife’s daily. The one thing I like about it is the range. We plan to drive to DC from Missouri later this year. I will have to stop for gas once along that journey (900 miles). I don’t think I could swing that in the Tesla. I value the range I have with the X7.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:04 AM   #3
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

EV vs gas debate aside, interior quality of Model X is like 2-3 tier below the X7. Also, when I drove my friend's model X which he had owned for about 6 months, the whole cabin squeaked from top to bottom every time it went over a bump so if you care about quality and pay attention to detail, the model X will drive you crazy
Appreciate 0