BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Phone holder recommendation

01-02-2023, 03:48 PM   #1
x7shopper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Phone holder recommendation

My wife is unhappy with Android Auto Maps limitations (who isn't). She was using a phone holder that clips into the a/c vent. The weight of the phone unfortunately broke the vent. I would like to get some recommendations for a better phone holder.

I am trying out AAAD and associated apps in parallel to see how they would work as an alternative to using the phone directly.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 04:16 PM   #2
jeep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,18 M4,19 530e,08 e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7shopper View Post
My wife is unhappy with Android Auto Maps limitations (who isn't). She was using a phone holder that clips into the a/c vent. The weight of the phone unfortunately broke the vent. I would like to get some recommendations for a better phone holder.

I am trying out AAAD and associated apps in parallel to see how they would work as an alternative to using the phone directly.
A cupholder mount may work for you if windshield mount is too far. You will lose 1 cupholder though.

https://www.amazon.com/Cellet-PH600-...006BIQBMQ?th=1
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 12:31 AM   #3
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

CarPlay works great wirelessly with full Siri integration and you can just drop the phone into the wireless charging tray.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 12:42 AM   #4
x7shopper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Android Auto maps has very limited features and you can't use the app on the phone even when stopped (which should be fixed IMO).

Also exploring this option to fix the driver side vent, even though the parts are for the middle vents. I measured the broken piece was the same length as one of the middle pieces (though in a different color): https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1921358
Appreciate 0