BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum New OTA software update causing problems with android auto

02-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

New OTA software update causing problems with android auto

Hello,

Just today I did an OTA upgrade to 07/2021.85 because it popped up on my screen. Downloaded MyBMW and went through the OTA upgrade just fine UNTIL I tried to connect my android auto and it refuses to connect. Phone itself is connecting just fine via bluetooth and wifi but android auto won't connect.

I tried to reboot iDrive by holding down the power button for 30 seconds - is there something else I can try?

I also had to do wifi connect via myBMW app to upload the upgrade from my phone. I wonder if this connection needs to be reset.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

New OTA software update causing problems with android auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Hello,

Just today I did an OTA upgrade to 07/2021.85 because it popped up on my screen. Downloaded MyBMW and went through the OTA upgrade just fine UNTIL I tried to connect my android auto and it refuses to connect. Phone itself is connecting just fine via bluetooth and wifi but android auto won't connect.

I tried to reboot iDrive by holding down the power button for 30 seconds - is there something else I can try?

I also had to do wifi connect via myBMW app to upload the upgrade from my phone. I wonder if this connection needs to be reset.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure I'm on 11/2021.38 - so whatever you updated to there, it ain't the latest!
      02-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #3
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Not sure if it matters but I have 2021 model.

Update: I uninstalled android auto and reinstalled on the phone and it now connects.
Appreciate 0