E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Another driver unintentionally PWND by my wife & E92

05-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #23
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill335i View Post
Sounds like the car did all the work. If I read the story correctly, it sounds like she took a turn too fast, panicked and hit the brake, and the DSC saved her. If it wasn't for the car's DCS, it sounds like she might have gotten close to eating the rail too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah View Post
Nice to hear this story -- seems like most of the PWNED stories are about our members getting crunched somehow. I like the way in this one no one gets hurt but the bad guy looks like an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermesRider View Post
Agree. But it is nice to know that bit of Deutsche technology did its job and saved a nice gal's life. You'd feel the same if it was your wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill335i View Post
Oh absolutely, and that's the story here, that DSC did a great save. But it's not a story of beating some loser using really great driving skill.
+1 on everything...Thats why I labeled this thread unintentional as the car did do most of the work here; just glad the wife remembered how to let the DSC work for her and not fight it. The setup and outcome of this story is awesome. I'm willing to bet the guy was thinking he could have some fun with a chick in an cool car but ended up looking dumb when he goes sliding out of the turn and she just wags the tail and keeps going. The story could easily have gone the other way but didnt.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #24
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
lol. i used to work at a harley shop years ago. so i did some work on a customers bike and took it for a spin. it was a big-ass '71 police edition FLH. So i'm riding it, minding my own business and this dude in full leather jumpsuit flies past me on a Ducati 996, lays it down suuuuuper low and takes highway on ramp. I'm 300 ft behind him and thinking "dang, that dude got skills". So i get to that on ramp slooooowly make a turn and see that Ducati laying in the middle of the ramp and the guy crawling out of the bushes. I guess he slipped in an oil spot or something, but that was fucking epic.
Did you stop to help?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #25
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Take the keys...now...it could have ended terribly. Electronic nannies can't defeat the laws of physics.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #26
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
so you are proud that she BRAKE checked someone -
And what is wrong with brake checking a tailgater?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #27
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
rear fogs ftw!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #28
Dwill335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i White/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
And what is wrong with brake checking a tailgater?
I'd think the the fact that they might not stop in time and run into the rear of your car. Sure, it might be "their fault" when the cops show up, but you're still there with a smashed up rear that has to be fixed. Plus, if the other driver is uninsured, who gets to pay for it? You and your insurance company.

With the powerful brakes in the 3 (especially the 335), I would really be afraid that the other guy wouldn't stop in time.

Last edited by Dwill335i; 05-02-2009 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0