BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Transfer case reprogramming on 22”-21” wheel swap?

02-24-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
redpomidor
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Transfer case reprogramming on 22”-21” wheel swap?

Hey everyone,

I swapped the 22” summer tires on my X7 to 21” AS Alenzas. OEM tires and wheels. I and my wife hear a rotational noise between 30-55mph since the swap. I brought it into the dealer and they don’t want do anything until they “reprogram the transfer case to tell the car it has 21” wheels.” I think this is BS. What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:22 PM   #2
Ritu_o0o
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

I swapped my 23” with 21”, changed the configuration in iDeive 8 settings. No other issues besides my app still shows picture with 23”.

I asked dealer if there is any way that they can recalibrate my vehicle so that app will show the wheels and tires I have on it. Dealer asked $200 for rebalancing. I said no thanks

Few days later I happens to call “Genius” hotline to troubleshoot my app issue not showing remote parking, that time I checked with genius, they said there is no way app will show new wheels you have.

Not sure who is lying/wrong but just thought of putting it there! Before you pay, do your due diligence!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:42 PM   #3
redpomidor
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

When the wheel swap was done the (different) dealer did update in iDrive to reflect the 21” wheels and I verified. I brought up the same thing with this dealer and they said the transfer case reprogramming was something different they need to program.
Appreciate 0