BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Advanced BMW M School after sharing XM feedback

03-16-2024, 10:48 AM   #1
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Advanced BMW M School after sharing XM feedback

I’ve owned quite a few M cars and was previously one of the people who was guaranteed an M4 GTS at sticker when it came out through a special program for dedicated buyers. About a month after taking delivery of my XM, BMW reached out and asked if I’d give feedback to some folks on the design team.

I shared a few details: too many creaks and noises, whistling mirror, bad CarPlay, loss of comfort access on back doors, etc… But generally have been happy with the vehicle. Also shared they completely flubbed the launch by splitting the models and should have just done one at the Label level and called it a day, would have probably eliminated a bunch of confusion and sold more earlier.

As a thank you they gave me a One Day M School voucher and I converted it to the Advanced School in Thermal. It’s my second time there and have done the regular 2-day 3 times, taking my wife and son as well. If you have a chance to go, it’s awesome, especially the Advanced! Team down there is incredible and you walk away with a renewed confidence and admiration for what an M car is capable of. Makes me super excited for the next M5!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-16-2024, 11:18 AM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Thanks for reminding me that I need to submit my certificate included in my M drivers package. I’ll probably never use it, but I need to get that thing submitted.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2024, 11:28 AM   #3
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Thanks for reminding me that I need to submit my certificate included in my M drivers package. I’ll probably never use it, but I need to get that thing submitted.
They usually do 20% off the classes at some point in the year and then you can use your certificate (it has a standard cash value and isn’t affected by the discount) to cover part of the cost. It’s a good way to get to the 2-Day instead. That’s what I did and saved a bunch off the normal $5k price of the Advanced.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2024, 11:29 AM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
They usually do 20% off the classes at some point in the year and then you can use your certificate (it has a standard cash value and isn’t affected by the discount) to cover part of the cost. It’s a good way to get to the 2-Day instead. That’s what I did and saved a bunch off the normal $5k price of the Advanced.
I’m not new to the racetrack; however, it would be on BMW motorcycles… 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0