BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Hitchcover with LED & Advanced Auto Drive Mode

11-03-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
hkochat
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive 35d

Hitchcover with LED & Advanced Auto Drive Mode

Since I love this forum with so many experts to provide suggestions, thought of asking a situation I am facing with my 2023 X7 M60i with Advanced Driving Option and factory installed hitch assembly. I have a hitch cover with an LED. It came with a 3-pin adapter. When I connect the adapter to the hitch receiver power socket, i-Drive8 pop up a screen to choose whether I have a trailer or rear carrier attached to the back. There is no option for hitch cover with light. Either on both the options on the screen, the i-Drive8 restrict the rear sensor detection and take off the Advance Driving Options and maximum speed to 75 MPH. The turn signal also gives a malfunction message. That could be due to the resistance difference with the LED and the turn signal LEDs. I could disconnect those two wires to isolate the hitch cover LED to turn on only with tail lamps. However still I loose the Advanced Driving Option. Otherwise anything power source connected to the hitch receiver power socket disable Advanced Driving Option. Any thoughts to get around it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 05:26 AM   #2
Wmoyx7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60 Audi RS6

That looks interesting if you can get it to work right. What brand is it and where did you buy it? Cost?
Appreciate 1
salfeet84309.00
      11-07-2023, 04:08 PM   #3
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoyx7 View Post
That looks interesting if you can get it to work right. What brand is it and where did you buy it? Cost?
+1. I’m assuming you put those M stripes on yourself?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 10:53 AM   #4
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkochat View Post
Since I love this forum with so many experts to provide suggestions, thought of asking a situation I am facing with my 2023 X7 M60i with Advanced Driving Option and factory installed hitch assembly. I have a hitch cover with an LED. It came with a 3-pin adapter. When I connect the adapter to the hitch receiver power socket, i-Drive8 pop up a screen to choose whether I have a trailer or rear carrier attached to the back. There is no option for hitch cover with light. Either on both the options on the screen, the i-Drive8 restrict the rear sensor detection and take off the Advance Driving Options and maximum speed to 75 MPH. The turn signal also gives a malfunction message. That could be due to the resistance difference with the LED and the turn signal LEDs. I could disconnect those two wires to isolate the hitch cover LED to turn on only with tail lamps. However still I loose the Advanced Driving Option. Otherwise anything power source connected to the hitch receiver power socket disable Advanced Driving Option. Any thoughts to get around it?
bumping this thread. Mind sharing where did you get that hitch cover?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 12:27 PM   #5
hkochat
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive 35d

Tow Hitch step with LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoyx7 View Post
Hello friend, Sorry for the late response. The brand is BULLY and it is available from e-trailer web site. Current cost must be there.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 12:33 PM   #6
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkochat View Post
Hello friend, Sorry for the late response. The brand is BULLY and it is available from e-trailer web site. Current cost must be there.
Thank you! They call it a step which is why I couldn't find by searching before you replied. I was searching for hitch cover. Interesting that on X7 it sits fairly flush. Photos on their website mounted on pick up trucks shows it more protruding.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 06:22 PM   #7
pamal
United_States
Rep
Drives: x7

Garage List
  [0.00]
I would be very interested if you find a solution because when I tried to connect a lighted hitch cover I get malfunction indicator on the display and fast turn signal lights. Maybe some reprogramming might help but I don't know how!!

Thank you,
Al
Appreciate 0