BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

02-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #375
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Now what? I'm pretty sure we're not going to a port.
I got so excited to see that dot hustle to the right on Saturday, I figured it would keep on trucking.
If I dispatched from factory on Sunday morning when do you think it'll be in Chicago?
I'm not 100% sure on that one but I wouldn't be surprised if our vehicles would be at the dealerships by the end of the week. Once it's on the way and you aren't too far away from SC, it shouldn't take that long...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #376
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Unfortunately, they are spot on.

The first issue is that BMW FS is probably not even offering such a mileage (I believe 15K is the max) and in that case, all your savings would be eaten up by the penalty you would have to pay for the extra mileage.

Your cost to lease would be nowhere near to the numbers you are seeing here. I def. recommend financing.
I think you can calculate the impact if you are interested. 10K extra miles a year @ $0.20 per mile (is this accurate if you prepay?) is $2K a year extra or $167 a month. So I think you can still do a lease if you drive 25K miles a year but know it will cost you at least $6K at lease end and should take that into your lease cost assumption.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 01:24 PM   #377
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I think you can calculate the impact if you are interested. 10K extra miles a year @ $0.20 per mile (is this accurate if you prepay?) is $2K a year extra or $167 a month. So I think you can still do a lease if you drive 25K miles a year but know it will cost you at least $6K at lease end and should take that into your lease cost assumption.
Also, my experience has been that if you are close on miles they don't give you a hard time if you are trading in on another BMW. This is my 4th BMW lease and I have been over mileage on all of them and never paid but it's been in the range of 1,000 - 3,000 miles on 12k leases.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #378
WunderbarBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
....and here I am:

That's awesome! Hope you take delivery soon. I'm only two weekdays into my order, but was excited to find out this morning when I called the BMW Genius line that my 40i is scheduled to start production this Thursday. Less than a week after I placed the order!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #379
760Lifan
Major
Rep

My SA at my local dealer just texted me. She said they are expecting the vehicle to arrive Thursday or Friday - so it is planned to arrive only 9 or 8 days prior to the p/u date I planned on right from the start. Spot on!
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #380
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

I'm taking my wife to pick up her X7 M50i tomorrow morning. Car arrived at the dealer last Friday.

Updated timeline:
Car ordered on Nov. 23, entered into production on January 3, Quality check on January 14. Car dispatched from factory on January 15. Car arrived at dealer (Los Angeles, west coast) on January 31.
      02-04-2020, 12:56 AM   #381
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post
I'm taking my wife to pick up her X7 M50i tomorrow morning. Car arrived at the dealer last Friday.

Updated timeline:
Car ordered on Nov. 23, entered into production on January 3, Quality check on January 14. Car dispatched from factory on January 15. Car arrived at dealer (Los Angeles, west coast) on January 31.
Niiiice!

Don't forget to take and post some pictures!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 06:10 AM   #382
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
It took me a while to figure out how leasing works. When I finally figured out that I like a new car with the latest tech every two years it looked like leasing was the way to go. When I talked to my dealer about it the first think they asked is how much do I drive. When I said 25,000+ a year they said forget about it. The miles will not make it worth it.

Any thoughts on that scenario?
In addition to what others have mentioned on this topic, you can also do the math to calculate the cost of the extra miles you intend to drive above the lease limit. BMW will allow you to purchase extra miles up front at a lesser rate than the rate if you turn in your car above the lease mileage. I forget what that cost per mile is off the top of my head, but an internet search should reveal the current rate.

In the end when you do ALL of the math associated with a potential lease deal, it still may be more financially viable to finance in your case from a pure total cost perspective. However, the advantage of a lower monthly lease payment vs a finance payment may work better for your overall personal financial situation. Either way, you should have enough info to make a very well informed decision about which payment method is best for your situation.

Edit: Didn't realize someone else posted a similar recommendation above. But I still recommend you look into this variable as part of your overall calculus for your lease or purchase.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #383
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post

Updated timeline:
16 days to drive to LA? What were they driving, a horse? 😂
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #384
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Hey 360Lifan! I called the genius just now. Wondering how long it takes to get my car to the dealer.

THEY SAID ITS ON THE DEALERS LOT!

I think I'm going to take a ride. Ttyl

Website still has 4 dots left....
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #385
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey 360Lifan! I called the genius just now. Wondering how long it takes to get my car to the dealer.

WOW! Congrats - you beat me to it by 2-3 days...

ENJOY - and of course, I want to see PICTURES!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #386
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

WOW! Congrats - you beat me to it by 2-3 days...

ENJOY - and of course, I want to see PICTURES!
Did you call? Yours may be on the lot also.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #387
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Good question. After the car was dispatched from the factory, it sat in the train station for 4 days waiting to get on the train. Car arrived in the Oxnard VPC on 1/28 and took 2 days to go through PDI at the VPC.

Quote:
16 days to drive to LA?
What were they driving, a horse? 😂
      02-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #388
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well, I know for sure it wasn't there yesterday and I'm actually going to meet with my SA tomorrow so I can check then.

Reason why I'm driving to the dealer tomorrow is that I will be dropping off a wiring-kit that connects my Blackvue dash-cam I bought for the X7 with the vehicle's power lines behind the interior mirror housing.

They want to give me a quote on that tomorrow but IMO, that should not be a big deal.

Even if my vehicle would already be in, it won't change my 2/15 pick up date.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #389
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I know for sure it wasn't there yesterday and I'm actually going to meet with my SA tomorrow so I can check then.

Reason why I'm driving to the dealer tomorrow is that I will be dropping off a wiring-kit that connects my Blackvue dash-cam I bought for the X7 with the vehicle's power lines behind the interior mirror housing.

They want to give me a quote on that tomorrow but IMO, that should not be a big deal.

Even if my vehicle would already be in, it won't change my 2/15 pick up date.
I love that the X7 has a drive recorder on all 4 cameras. But only 40 seconds makes it useless. I wish it recorded at least a days worth and preferably a week. Upload by WiFi to my phone or at least an SD card.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #390
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I love that the X7 has a drive recorder on all 4 cameras. But only 40 seconds makes it useless. I wish it recorded at least a days worth and preferably a week. Upload by WiFi to my phone or at least an SD card.
Yeah, I think the drive recorder is a great back-up and the fact that it records all 4 sides at once make it perfect in case of an accident.

The reason why I'm adding a Blackvue is the constant recording and live streaming. I'm also getting the simple front facing only version. As I said, in case I'm rear-ended, I got the drive recorder. Of course, I don't have a need to live-stream myself but I'm planning on getting the same camera for my mother and she drives far more than me. Not too bad that I can see where she is currently driving without disturbing her.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #391
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I think the drive recorder is a great back-up and the fact that it records all 4 sides at once make it perfect in case of an accident.

The reason why I'm adding a Blackvue is the constant recording and live streaming. I'm also getting the simple front facing only version. As I said, in case I'm rear-ended, I got the drive recorder. Of course, I don't have a need to live-stream myself but I'm planning on getting the same camera for my mother and she drives far more than me. Not too bad that I can see where she is currently driving without disturbing her.

I'm not to sure but it looks like the OEM Drive Recorder not only records just 40 seconds, but you need to hit a save button within those 40 seconds to save the video. So if you are in an accident, even if you're not hurt, you need to act quick to save video. I hope I am wrong on that.

I have been using the Owl Camera and love it. records a weeks worth and sends clips right to my phone. Live view also with intercom which is pretty cool if you want to freak out whoever you borrowed your car too. Records inside and out the front. I wish it recorded the rear...

I did catch an Audi worker stealing from my Q7 with it. I'll upload a link if you want to see.

www.owlcamera.com
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #392
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #393
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I did catch an Audi worker stealing from my Q7 with it. I'll upload a link if you want to see.
I can see the new car excitment is taking over already..

You do remember who initially asked you on this forum if you would be the member from AudiWorld who posted that famous video, don't you?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #394
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I can see the new car excitment is taking over already..

You do remember who initially asked you on this forum if you would be the member from AudiWorld who posted that famous video, don't you?
OMG that was you.

Eh, I just like to find any excuse to post that video. Two years I've had to drive 45 minutes for service because I won't go back there.

Left such an ugly taste in my mouth for my Audi. Which has been a great problem free car.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #395
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

It's here
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      02-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #396
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's here
WOOOHOOOO!
Appreciate 0