04-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
ny911
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: R35/981 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphab View Post
It looks like it will be a Cayman R in white. Delivery date June, I'm lucky my dealer has a spot open. Negotiations done, about 9% discount.

So, let's see if it all works out this time and if some ED-guys are in the area in July, it'll be fun to take a trip to the black forest!
What's the price difference between a standard 1M, Cayman S and Cayman R?

In Hong Kong, 1M is 35% cheaper than a Cayman S and 40% cheaper than a Cayman R.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Can't go wrong with the Cayman R. The Boxster Spyder was absolutely awesome drive, Cayman R is supposed to be better - awesome choice - congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #25
skyphab
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: MK5 GTI --> Cayman R (skip 1M)

Thanks! I'm really excited and if the June delivery works out, I'm more than glad. Despite the fact that I spend more money, the whole 1M desaster could turn into something even more great.

@ny911: With the options I took, the Cayman R is about 50% more expensive than an 1M. The S is 5'000 Euros cheaper in the base price than the R. But the S doe neither have the limited slip differential, nor the sport bucket seats. And the other R-specific stuff. So the R is a very attractive package if you're willing to pay the price.