forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Interior trim

08-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #23
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

got tartufo with fine wood ash grain... it's almost like a light gray... love the combo as it gives the kind of dark interior some light lol.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #24
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
That option comes in the dark shadow edition ? Or did you change you mind on that X7 version.
Well, I still have the reservation for the Dark Shadow model. But I'm very hesitant to go with it, if I can't add DHP and a trailer hitch. So I'm leaning toward just flat out ordering a fully loaded M50i, to get more of what I want. The only thing the Dark Shadow model would give me, that I really want and CAN'T get in a normal M50i now in MY2021, is the full Merino leather primarily in black. (with blue) Oh, and the black 755 wheels, but those can be done with powder coating. But no, you can't get the ash grain black trim in the Dark Shadow model, or any other trim besides what they include in the package

Last edited by Wild Blue; 08-31-2020 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 09:49 PM   #25
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
That option comes in the dark shadow edition ? Or did you change you mind on that X7 version.
Well, I still have the reservation for the Dark Shadow model. But I'm very hesitant to go with it, if I can't add DHP and a trailer hitch. So I'm leaning toward just flat out ordering a fully loaded M50i, to get more of what I want. The only thing the Dark Shadow model would give me, that I really want and CAN'T get in a normal M50i, is the full Merino leather in black. (with blue) But no, you can't get the ash grain black trim in the Dark Shadow model, or any other trim besides what they include in the package
I don't know man, that DHP really does do something great for this vehicle . That's a tough call because it is unique but it should have been fully loaded or at least with the options available. It's like 85% there, but not sure if I could live with 85% at this price range. Whichever way you go it will still bring smiles to your face since it is an M50i after all.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 11:02 PM   #26
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
I don't know man, that DHP really does do something great for this vehicle . That's a tough call because it is unique but it should have been fully loaded or at least with the options available. It's like 85% there, but not sure if I could live with 85% at this price range. Whichever way you go it will still bring smiles to your face since it is an M50i after all.
Yeah, I have similar thoughts. Why would they configure a limited edition model, more aggressive and "sporty" than other X7's, load it up almost completely, but then leave DHP off? And presumably not let anyone add it on?

If you're going to do it, just do it right.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #27
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Well, I still have the reservation for the Dark Shadow model. But I'm very hesitant to go with it, if I can't add DHP and a trailer hitch. So I'm leaning toward just flat out ordering a fully loaded M50i, to get more of what I want. The only thing the Dark Shadow model would give me, that I really want and CAN'T get in a normal M50i, is the full Merino leather in black. (with blue) But no, you can't get the ash grain black trim in the Dark Shadow model, or any other trim besides what they include in the package
are you sure it's not just the rear steering you are feeling? I drove 3 x7s at 1 dealership one with dhp one with only rear steering and one with neither...I barely noticed a difference between the rear steering but almost no difference with dhp

x7 in sports mode seems to firm things up enough where I don't feel much of a difference with dhp and rear steering only. even with dhp there is body lean in corners

maybe with the new 48v system they can do more with the suspension like the gls
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0