BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How might this impact BMW v8s?

08-18-2021, 08:07 PM   #23
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
It’s a lot higher than that depending on how many miles you have. I am over $108k cash and higher if I trade. That’s solid on a $126k msrp. But so what, now your back into a stripped down car industry and the way it looks you can’t replace a fully optioned X7 for at least 2 years. I keep a vehicle for at least 5 years so 2020 model year purchase timing was the luckiest move I could have made.
WOW!

$108K is a lot! My MSRP was about $123K so we are pretty close there.

Although I got my vehicle 18 months ago, I only have 6,500 miles on it right now and it's still in great condition.

You are right though that you can't replace such a vehicle right now but it certainly gives you options you did not have before.
Heck, I wouldn't mind jumping in a new Jeep until the situation gets better, pocketing hundreds of dollars per month due to a lower car payment AND up to $10K in equity just for the fun of it.

I'll probably check around Christmas what my options are. I doubt demand will be less at that time...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56294.50
      08-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #24
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Sooo...I just returned from a trip to two local BMW- and a Jeep-dealership.

The good news is that I found out that the amount to satisfy the open lease is actually $5,500 lower - so it's $92,000. Reason for that is that the previous pay-off quote was the amount I would have to pay to obtain ownership. Of course, that includes sales-tax. If the dealer buys it, this tax does not apply.

The bad news is that the offers I got a nowhere near to where I thought. Both BMW dealerships offered the same - $92,000 - so exactly what I owe in order to walk away. the Jeep-dealership offered "low to mid 80s" which, of course, is a joke.

This makes me wonder though how MystroX5 got this phenomenal $108K-offer. My vehicle's MSRP is only $3K lower but that should not result in an offer that's $16K lower.

I'm wondering if it's a regional thing and if I should try to obtain additional offers from dealerships in "higher market regions" - like Sarasota or Miami.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0