F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > London hotel
ARMA SPEED

01-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #111
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Ian's banned? What for? Thought I hadn't seen him on here for a while. Doesn't strike me as someone that would ever have said something to warrant a ban!

I have his details. Can email him to see if he's happy for me to share?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #112
TimMcC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW I01 i3S & Jaguar I-Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Ian's banned? What for? Thought I hadn't seen him on here for a while. Doesn't strike me as someone that would ever have said something to warrant a ban!

I have his details. Can email him to see if he's happy for me to share?
Yes please, if you don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 01:50 PM   #113
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcC View Post
Can't believe he is still banned!
And nor can I!

I actually messaged the moderators a couple of weeks ago and asked why he's been banned given he has (IMO) been one of the most constructive contributors to this forum over many years. No great surprise I've had no response and I can only assume it was for comments on a thread I haven't visited - I've never seen anything from him that was worthy of a ban....
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2258.50
      01-15-2022, 03:27 PM   #114
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Over the last 12 months, Ian has appeared on the Macan forum keeping an eye on the model, he has still got the RS4 so far. if I get an opportunity I will ask him what happened. I was surprised as the rest of you
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 07:04 AM   #115
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

It's a complete nonsense that he's been banned. I used to be involved in a forum a mate ran for mountain biking on the back end of the main website; two of the mods had the biggest chipped shoulders you've ever seen and just loved to ban people for nothing because in all other aspects they were complete nobodies. They didn't write articles, they didn't get decent race results, they were just a couple of guys on a forum who had more power than the other people and boy did they love to wield it. In the last year on here I've got the impression that the moderation is run in a similar vein which is unfortunate, because by and large the people on here are all pretty decent, even if it does seem inevitable everyone will get banned at some point.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 07:08 AM   #116
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
It's a complete nonsense that he's been banned. I used to be involved in a forum a mate ran for mountain biking on the back end of the main website; two of the mods had the biggest chipped shoulders you've ever seen and just loved to ban people for nothing because in all other aspects they were complete nobodies. They didn't write articles, they didn't get decent race results, they were just a couple of guys on a forum who had more power than the other people and boy did they love to wield it. In the last year on here I've got the impression that the moderation is run in a similar vein which is unfortunate, because by and large the people on here are all pretty decent, even if it does seem inevitable everyone will get banned at some point.
I have been in touch with Ian. it was a complaint from another member that led to the ban which is temporary and he may be back on Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 07:28 AM   #117
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
I have been in touch with Ian. it was a complaint from another member that led to the ban which is temporary and he may be back on Tuesday.
I've also heard from him this weekend and can confirm the above. As most of us suspected he didn't do anything particularly ban worthy but another member reported him and that was that.

He's looking forward to returning this coming week so anyone that's needed to contact him can do so then.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 08:14 AM   #118
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
I've also heard from him this weekend and can confirm the above. As most of us suspected he didn't do anything particularly ban worthy but another member reported him and that was that.
Just my opinion but, if he didn't do anything worthy of a ban, just being reported by another forum member doesn't seem sufficient reason to give him one!

Many of us disagree with each other from time to time but if someone's a bit sensitive - and takes offence over something minor - you'd like too think the moderators would be able see through that and not issue bans for the least little thing. IMO bans should be reserved for those in clear and serious breach of the forum rules and I've never seen anything from Ian that would put him in that category...
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2258.50
      01-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #119
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Just my opinion but, if he didn't do anything worthy of a ban, just being reported by another forum member doesn't seem sufficient reason to give him one!

Many of us disagree with each other from time to time but if someone's a bit sensitive - and takes offence over something minor - you'd like too think the moderators would be able see through that and not issue bans for the least little thing. IMO bans should be reserved for those in clear and serious breach of the forum rules and I've never seen anything from Ian that would put him in that category...
This, this and this. We're all adults. If someone is truly behaving in a bullying manner rather than having a bad day, or is generally being disruptive in everything they do then fair enough, but otherwise leave it be. We don't have to engage and we don't have to rise to things if we choose not to. Reporting people for one infraction is pathetic and says as much about the thin skin of the reporter as it does about the quality of moderation.
Appreciate 2
JNW13122.00
Nibbles857.50
      11-05-2022, 03:03 PM   #120
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
@isleaiw1 is April 2023 available in London, in particular 22/23 which is London Marathon weekend?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 06:47 AM   #121
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
@isleaiw1 is April 2023 available in London, in particular 22/23 which is London Marathon weekend?
Not a chance of getting a cheap rate on marathon weekend now life is more normal, I think I only managed it last time as someone forgot to close off that weekend to friends and family bookings.

Likewise there wont be anything for coronation weekend!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 06:48 AM   #122
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Ok thanks isleaiw1 thought it might be the case, hotels.com here I come!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 04:41 PM   #123
A15X
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M sport Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Not a chance of getting a cheap rate on marathon weekend now life is more normal, I think I only managed it last time as someone forgot to close off that weekend to friends and family bookings.

Likewise there wont be anything for coronation weekend!
Hey Ian, are you still able to help members with hotel rooms in one of the London hotels?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 01:51 AM   #124
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by A15X View Post
Hey Ian, are you still able to help members with hotel rooms in one of the London hotels?
Of course unless its most nights in December, marathon weekend, coronation weekend or a few other odd days. Always happy to try, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do....
Appreciate 1